Ls3/5a club?

Ls3/5a club?

Postby handyboy » Sat May 07, 2005 1:58 am

Just wondering,
Is there a Pinoy Ls3/5a club? I know for a fact that a lot are owners and believers of this wonderful speaker. Do we have a local club like hk? If none, i think it's about time we start one.

What do you guys think? :?
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby vintage_dog » Sat May 07, 2005 7:22 am

we can surely start one. are you volunteering to start/organize it?
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby handyboy » Sat May 07, 2005 11:53 am

I would love to help do not think i can start one because am not familiar with a lot of the wiredstate and non wiredstate owners of the enigmatic Ls3/5a. I can "help" oraganize but not start it because i would not know who to get in touch with etc etc. Baka pumalpak lang ako! However, If someone more familiar with all people owning one or someone who is hooked up with foreign clubs like the one in Taiwan and HK would be a brighter choice. Ichabod and Mozilla for example would be my best bet, ofcourse thats including you VD!

Audiobuds,

as i was saying....
Last edited by handyboy on Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby ichabod » Sun May 08, 2005 7:14 am

Why don't we ask mozilla? I know he's very busy but I don't think this will entail much work that we share in the making.

I was thinking of a club pretty much centered on just being a "mutual admiration club" of sorts will all who love this speaker can share their personal experiences with it, not always necessarily technical always 'cause that can be checked with this forum already and others more authoritative.

My view is something in the nature of the music that we love to play on the LS 3/5a because of various audio related anal reasons one can hear and tink of. I think that would be fun and amusing. Example: I always get a kick from the LS when I discover how well it portrays this kind of music. Like female vocals have more flesh in them that it sounds natural. In that nature.

Thanks for mentioning me gambyl. But I'm not as literate as others here in using computers. Bit I will continue to contribute and share what I think is worthwhile to help us enjoy on what we have spent for in this darn hobby!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Sun May 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks for your insight Ichabod! I believe we share the same idea on the concept of the club which is mutual admiration club...Thinking of having maybe a monthly listening session or so with all ls lovers. Not neccesarilly technical disscussions as you earlier stated. More of just plain experiences with the speakers. Only if i knew most of us owners, i would try to jumpstart it. Maybe we can ask what Mozilla has to say... MOZ?
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby ichabod » Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 am

Easy to get the list of owners. Just post a survey who owns and what equipment in use to drive them. Many will be proud to post their set-ups, "bragging rights" and all! Mozilla or Grant may have a list already. He's D Man! Someone suggested even traveling to Kuala Lumpur to meet Jo Ki and listen to his set-up. Some said listening to them is kinda "jaw dropping!" Another Quad guy. He can be a very useful adviser to the club!
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Tue May 10, 2005 3:22 pm

Calling Moz! where are you? what do you think?
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby audiobuds » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:49 pm

i believe Moz is quite busy right now (as confirmed by him on other thread).

i strongly suggest our very own "gambyl" to take up the role as our LS Club Coordinator (Phil)

Moz & ichabod as "technical adviser"

LS fanatic, pls comment!

cheers
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

club

Postby handyboy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:15 pm

gambyl wrote:I would love to help do not think i can start one because am not familiar with a lot of the wiredstate and non wiredstate owners of the enigmatic Ls3/5a. I can "help" oraganize but not start it because i would not know who to get in touch with etc etc. Baka pumalpak lang ako! However, If someone more familiar with all people owning one or someone who is hooked up with foreign clubs like the one in Taiwan and HK would be a brighter choice. Ichabod and Mozilla for example would be my best bet, ofcourse thats including you VD!

Audiobuds,

as i was saying....
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby ichabod » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:23 am

For an owner like me of this "enigmatic" speaker, who wants to hold his peace. We need a young chap like you Audiobuds specially you being in HK to start this whole thing rolling. Old fogeys like me, and that should not include Grant mind you, in fact he's the guy who has most of the researches and very knowledgeable and technical, who should likewise take the cudgels and lead. How about it bai? No one should use or say that "I'm busy" excuse! Not accepted here.
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:25 am

i agree with james! :-D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ichabod » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

To use that same advise against me, "I'm too damn busy listening."

Really, who ever may want to do this, I'm sure all the LS 3/5A lovers will no doubt support. As sure as tomorrow's sun! Even Raffy who loves his Guarneri/Jadis more than his Quad/LS3/5a combo will give a hand no doubt. Hello Raffy?
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Agreed

Postby Mr. Plumber » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:03 pm

I Agree with James too :D
Audiobuds is the man.
Mr. Plumber
Citizen
Citizen

Postby handyboy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:52 pm

ICHABOD, i think you are the man!!!
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby audiobuds » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

appreciate your support guys!

pls allow me to comment that owning a pair of ls has no boundaries when it comes to age. seasoned audiophile can only be measured by their listening experience. james i don’t think you'll be considered old fogeys. i guess you started to appreciate the love for music at an early age.

going back to our goal, the most appropriate person must be based in phil. WS is already an avenue for us to share our experiences. what's important now is for our club to serve as our vehicle to appreciate new tweaks and discover opportunities to achieve our common goal – ultimate music satisfaction. actual listening session on other system is a proven tool to appreciate new ideas and get consensus amongst ls fanatics.

however to start the ball rolling, why not we establish the ff chapters of WS LS club:

cebu - ichabod
manila - gambyl
hk - audiobuds
singapore - rsm2a3
other place????

any other suggestion

thanks
audiobuds
Citizen
Citizen

Return to LS3/5A