The Best LS-3/5A in the Philippines!!!!

The Best LS-3/5A in the Philippines!!!!

Postby detubo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:36 pm

i'm proposing a competition at the audio fair on nov. the contest will bestow the title "Best LS-3/5 in the Philippine 2004". all participants will be judge by a panel of respected audiophiles & reviewers. maybe even a blind test? details of the criterias will be worked out later. initially i'm looking at P1,000.00 participation fee. equiptment to be used for the test will also be determined later after consultation with LS afficionados. depending on the number of participants, after getting the cost of the room, all remaining receipts will be distributed to the 3rd, 2nd & 1st place winners plus a certificate authenticating your victory. i believe the prestige & honor (not to mention the economic value appreciation of your cherished speakers!) would make for a really exciting event. for those who can't make it to the show can ship their speakers to a assigned caretaker (me?) or a trusted participant coming over (ferdie ludo?) and we'll take care of its participation. this is all just a suggestion. please send me your comments.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby dogears » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:25 am

What about those 'uzi's' like me :lol: I just wanna listen to those classics speakers :D Sana me room for LS3/5 kung di man matuloy itong competition :)
dogears
Master
Master

Postby detubo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:24 am

dogears wrote:What about those 'uzi's' like me :lol: I just wanna listen to those classics speakers :D Sana me room for LS3/5 kung di man matuloy itong competition :)

thats the purpose of this contest. i'd like to have a LS 3/5A room in the show
detubo
Master
Master

Postby zetroce » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:32 pm

detubo wrote:
dogears wrote:What about those 'uzi's' like me :lol: I just wanna listen to those classics speakers :D Sana me room for LS3/5 kung di man matuloy itong competition :)

Me too, i want to join my unit, but not in the competition but basically to compare it with the other versions of LS3/5A.

Cheers! :)
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:39 pm

tonyboy, instead of having a "contest", let's just have a simple showcase of the LS3/5As available locally and spend time listening to each one....am personally not too hot in doing critical listeing to judge gear, but just want to be there and have fun...
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby rsm2a3 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:35 pm

zetroce wrote:
detubo wrote:

Me too, i want to join my unit, but not in the competition but basically to compare it with the other versions of LS3/5A.

Cheers! :)

meron ka na?
rsm2a3
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:56 pm

vintage_dog wrote:tonyboy, instead of having a "contest", let's just have a simple showcase of the LS3/5As available locally and spend time listening to each one....am personally not too hot in doing critical listeing to judge gear, but just want to be there and have fun...

noted. if we have the budget i'll set up a ls-3/5a room. like before we'll schedule each participant showing
detubo
Master
Master

Postby ichabod » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:17 am

Who'd not want an LS 3/5a room amongst its owners and admirers? There should also be a Sonus Faber room too, or did I hear upscale to demo the Amati or Strad?

Far from demonizing a comparison, let everyone listen to what suits him or her is my idea. Probably, if there are enough variety of LS's available, an off the cuff contest can proceed with everybody listening as judge for himself which LS wins his heart.
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby caruzo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:27 am

Just a note:

Using LS3/5a speakers wired to different audio equipment, will produce great sounds at varying performance. Tests will be for different systems using a common model of speakers.
Whatever, the move will be helpful! Nice to pursue the activity since it is surely an educational one.

Thanks,

Caruzo
caruzo

Return to LS3/5A