What LS3/5A do you own?

Postby jonas » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:20 pm

ichabod wrote: I'm sure Oscar can have you listen to his LSs, and I can have you look at my vintage amps, and listen to my new babies, the altec sporty open baffles with 403 Alnico driving the tracks.

Oscar are you listening? Grant fly over. I'll have those OBs by Friday, and be busy shooting beautiful women on sinulog day. And of course the other shoot out between LS 3/5a and open baffles altec speakers. Game ka na ba Oca, Ferdie?

thanks! now im losing focus and concentration why im going to cebu this saturday in the first place, parang gusto ko na i-cancel business para all pleasure na lang!

yes, i know about the sinulog and that's probably why my host invited me to come this particular weekend. but ferdie and my tita who lives there got me scared of the monstrous traffic jams i might encounter which may cause me to miss my 3pm flight out of cebu on sunday.

so ill most likely spend sunday morning checking out ferdie's shop if i havent done that saturday night yet. ill be arriving in cebu saturday but need to meet up with certain people right away and might need to be with them till dinner time.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mozilla » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:35 pm

Cebu Pacific has P799 seats nowadays! Tempting.
mozilla

Postby prcsnpilot » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:35 pm

jon ... usually the monstrous traffic jam is Sat. after lunch, that's when the procession starts and it affects all the avenues leading to the City. I strongly suggest that you have your meeting nearby to where you're staying at. Sun traffic is not as bad as long as you're far from the mardi-gras route, you won't miss your flight. You're more than welcome to come audition my LS setup ... I'll be staying home lang starting lunch time ... i'm sure the traffic jam here is nothing compared to the one in mla ... but i just hate sitting around in the car! Hey, if you're into photography, you might want to consider going with james, well, what can i say with his award-winning photos, they're just beautiful!!! just like the LS ... hehehe

james ... yep, i'm ready for those OB, you know how interested i had been on this ... got diverted lang because of that beautiful amp ;) ... pls txt me when we're going to have the audition
prcsnpilot
Citizen
Citizen

Postby prcsnpilot » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:39 pm

Grant ... come over na! SC, why don't you bring the RA and we can have the shootout here in Cebu for a change ..... Stirling, Spendor, Rogers, KEF ... FLDs place would be great, very revealing :) ... then after that, we can enjoy james newest baby too!
prcsnpilot
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mozilla » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:42 pm

Sige mag-ambag na kayo ng pamasahe ko. TIA :D
mozilla

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:03 pm

miss ko na ang cebu :) madami din akong makulay na memories dyan :lol: kaso hindi audio :lol:
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby ichabod » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:08 pm

This weekend is a busy one. I can have you audition the OB altecs ahead of me. You can take it to your house or Ferdie's whatever. Just feed it right, and you may be in for some surprise, I hope pleasant and can beat the LS.

I have the faintest idea how this might sound. I heard them on the floor the other night. Placed them on the carpet, no baffles, just the speakers to check their tonality. And truth to tell, they sounded like the altecs I've heard at Arnold's. But according to some guy and I'm merely parroting, he said: "they sound as good as they look, very efficient, open, detailed, fast, transparent, smooth and musical.... have a nice flat impedance curve. They are full range and have that very transparent, fast and detailed sound." That was what I heard at Arnold's.

Now that seems too good to be true! But we'll all soon find out. As they say, the real test of the pudding is in the eating. I'm intrigue as you are. A shoot out with the LS must it be!

Grant fly now pay later bai. Charge it to Oscar.

Arnold how about re-living those memories? Sabay ka na kay Grant? Don't forget your digi tools guys.
ichabod
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:58 pm

prcsnpilot wrote:Fight-fight-fight ... heheheh!! Hi SC, long time no hear too!! It sure would be great to have a shootout on the RA & Spendor & the Rogers ... if you're doing this, might as well compare the 11ohm vs. 15ohm. Have fun guys!!!

The RA Grant and Oca heard 7 months ago has evolved!!! Hehe hiya guys! :)
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby SoFtCliPpEr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:01 pm

prcsnpilot wrote:Grant ... come over na! SC, why don't you bring the RA and we can have the shootout here in Cebu for a change ..... Stirling, Spendor, Rogers, KEF ... FLDs place would be great, very revealing :) ... then after that, we can enjoy james newest baby too!

Hmmm good idea lemme check my sked am suppose to be there on biz anyway will let you know.
SoFtCliPpEr

Postby jonas » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:12 pm

SoFtCliPpEr wrote:Hmmm good idea lemme check my sked am suppose to be there on biz anyway will let you know.

be careful what you wish for guys, you just might get it! softclipper arriving in cebu aboard a digital tsunami! see you there! at least hindi sya kaagaw sa dwindling LPs ni fld. better him coming to cebu than some vinyl piranha
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to LS3/5A