Moderator: Bogart

Postby Noel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi guys, have you got the R1 outlets?
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:52 am

Hi Noel,

Sorry, we do not have this yet. We will let you know when we are about to order items from Oyaide.

Thanks!

Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:19 am

The following Oyaides are now available:

R1 The supreme wall outlet!

In order to respond adequately to the demands of customers, it has taken many years to make researches, test repeatedly, and achieve to produce the innovative product. Consequently, Oyaide now can introduce the R-1 as the advanced model of SWO-ULTIMO SERIES.
The contact of the R-1 is made of beryllium copper that insures mechanical integrity and high conductivity and also reduces vibration at the point of contact with no loss of signal transmission.
The plating of the R-1 is a combination of platinum and palladium which was selected as a result of repeated listening tests.
The housing of the R-1 is made of 30% glass filled PBT because of its excellent machining characteristic and electrical isolation. Its rating capacity is 20 amps.
The R1 outlet was designed with the same uncompromising concept as our flagship models F1 and M1 connectors.

SRP: 5,400 AA Price: 4,250 only!!

P-079 and C-079

Super thick (0.2micron) 24K GOLD plating directly on polished surface of receptacle and blade. Polishing process again (twice) on the 24K GOLD plated surface.Construction method is alike except direct 24k extra thick plating on polished receptacles and blades.Plating material and quality change sound dramatically. Where Rhodium sounds pure and strong, Gold sounds warm, soft and luxurious. Either, they both sound beyond standard. It’s up to you to choose for your type of sound and music.

SRP: 3,900 each AA Price: 3,000 each!!

Citizen
Citizen

Postby inoran » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Do you know how much the MT-UB is?
inoran

Postby architecturalaudio » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Inoran,

SRP for the MT-UB with IEC inlet is $275 (or 12,375pesos). Our special price is 7,500 pesos only. We have one in stock at the moment.

Thank you for considering Oyaide.

inoran wrote:Do you know how much the MT-UB is?
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby leo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Guys,

I just would like to share this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/its-done-power-cord-shoot-out-22-power-cords-reviewed-219202/.

Yes, there were other PCs reviewed in the post, but I only copied this section on Oyaide Tunami power cord that is distributed by Architectural Audio, and to which I can also attest to its very good performance. You can click on the link to read the other PC reviews.

Power Cord Shoot-Out: 22 Power Cords Reviewed -by markl
This is the review section on Oyaide Tunami Power Cord.

Preface
Since publishing this review (and its updates), I've turned down over a dozen other offers for review samples from other makers/marketers of power cords (who may well be reading this now-- hi! ), due to absolute burn-out (as you can imagine). A few months back, I sold my TG Audio 688 that had been on my source since I first got and recommended it when this review was fresh. I sold it in a temporary pinch (and an attempt to rationalize my system to no avail), and I've regretted it ever since. I replaced it with a cheapie hospital-grade Iron Lung Jellyfish, which I still say greatly outperforms very many much more expensive cords; it's a real and true bargain. Still, it was no TG 688, though it more than held it's own given its absurdly low price. Also, for even longer, I've been happily using the Jellyfish on my stubborn, somewhat power-cord-immune Ray Samuels HR-2, where it has again served more than admirably. Much as I might wish to have used Michael Wolff's Silver Carbon Source cable (now no longer available, he's gone even further upmarket with even more exotic designs) on the HR-2, I couldn't justify buying a cord that cost 2/3rds of what the amp itself cost. C'est la vie.

Recently Michael contacted me regarding a new (reasonably affordable) cord he was carrying called the Tunami. Even though temporarily "retired" from the power cord game, I asked him to send me a sample copy for review. Here are my results with the Tunami on my source; though again, I am comparing (in recent audio memory) against a much much cheaper unit (though a strong performer) in the Jellyfish. In swapping back and forth between the Tunami and the Jellyfish, I hear a difference on the level that is simply undisputable. This is the difference between a nice budget cord that does no wrong, and a serious piece of audio that provides actual bona-fide *enhancement* (with caveats). I've swapped these cords (and what a pain that is) several dozen times, and though not double-blind, I am more than satisfied that the Tunami is simply in a different class altogether from the mighty little Jellysfish. *But* it's potential drawbacks can't be overlooked.

That said, a cable on this level demands that you judge it accordingly on a scale fitting its performance and cost. That means I'm going to be harder on it than it would be on the Jellyfish. After all, I'm not judging in a vacuum. The Tunami is not a perfect cable; it has a few potentially deal-breaking attributes that I will point out.

Review
Oyaide is a Japanese company known (to me) for making very exotic (and expensive) ends/connectors for power cords. Their products typically end up on the most top-of-the-line esoteric cords out there. This seems to be their first attempt at producing the actual cord that fits between their high-quality connectors. Of course the Tunami (as assembled by Michael Wolff) uses Oyaide connectors at both ends; in this case, in a very cool-looking fire-engine red. This is a super-attractive cord if looks matter to you.

This is one of the relatively few aftermarket fancy power cords that is molded/extruded; it isn't just bare wire wrapped in a tech-flex sheath. This is a professionally-made cable, so the internal wires are not loose or jumbled; they are locked in place inside the rubber/plastic sheath. I've read other manufacturers argue that using molded wire cuts down on vibration, which if you believe some claims, is a source of distortion in the audio signal.

The wire itself is the purest copper known to man; this is the same single-crystal copper developed by Prof. Ohno that you've seen used in many expensive interconnects and a few power cords. This is a *very* stiff cord. Not the worst offender in this survey, but still a royal pain to install-- be warned!

So how does it sound? Great! This is definitely one of the better power cords I've tried so far. The first thing that struck me was the incredible blackness of the background from which sounds emerge. This thing is DEAD quiet. Forget about a noise floor- there isn't one. That's it's defining characteristic, most everything else flows from that attribute.

This is a very "vivid" and high-contrast cable. There is a big difference between the lowest lows and the highest highs. Everything is thrown into sharp, stark relief with great clarity and crispness to the image.

A pitch-black backround also almost always means you get a fantastic soundstage, and the Tunami does not disappoint in that respect. Stereo separation is wide, adding volume to the soundstage.

This is a very "hi-fi" sounding cable, if not the most natural and realistic I've heard. It digs up under the sound and pushes it out toward you. This can be thrilling for the right listener. It's an extremely hi-rez presentation; the Tunami leaves little to the imagination, you feel like you get to hear every digital bit on your CDs. Tonally, I wouldn't call the Tunami "warm" or "lush" or "romantic". It's a bit crisp, a bit "digital"; but it errs more toward neutrality than either the warm or cold/analytical sides of the spectrum. This is one of those "ruthlessly revealing" cables that lets the chips fall where they may. Legitimate criticism would be that it's too "revealing", but for some, that's music to the ears.

This is also a powerful cable. Not as tear-your-head-off aggressive as the VH Audio cords, but the Tunami has a powerful and full bottom end, and drums are allowed to really pound. The Tunami gives a firm and fleshy bass without being heavy or slow. Electric bass lines are easy to follow, and exhibit a wide range of tones, so it's not one-note bass.

Adding this cable is like adding a turbo-boost to your system. It gooses everything it touches for better or worse.

That concludes the positives. On the down side, one wishes for more midrage warmth/lushness. There is a slight hollowness to the mids that is troubling. There's a bit of glare or sugar-coatedness to the highs that isn't natural. The Tunami is a bit "digital" and "analytical". There's a bit of sugar-coating to it that isn't natural.

Flexibility: 4
Build quality: 7
Tonality: 7
Soundstaging/imaging: 9
PRAT/dynamics/speed: 9
Resolution/detail/transparency: 9
Value: 8
Overall Performance: 8

On my Tunami PC I use the C-79 IEC connectors and P-79 power plugs exactly like this one from http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopcontent.asp?type=Tunami_PC:
leo
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Oyaide Products

Postby jpeg » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Sir,

how much are the P 004 plugs?

Jason
jpeg
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jpeg » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Sir,

do you have the rhodium plated iec inlet? P004 plug?

How long would it take if ordered?

How much?

Jason
jpeg
Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi jpg,

Sorry, we do not have this. We are not likely to order soon since we still have stocks of what we normally get from Oyaide. We will advise you when we are about to place an order.

Thank you for considering Oyaide.
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jpeg » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:11 pm

Sir,

Still no upcoming orders for oyaide p 004? What Oyaide plugs do you have on stock?

Thanks.

Jason
jpeg
Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 pm

The following Oyaide products are now available at Architectural Audio:

SWO-GX Outlet - SRP: 4,165 AA Price: 3,500

SWO-XXX Outlet - SRP: 4,850 AA Price: 3,900

R1 Outlet - SRP: 7,100 AA Price: 5,700

WCP-Z Carbon Fibre / Aluminum Outlet Plate - SRP: 11,000 AA Price: 8,800
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:15 pm

MTB-4 Power Distributor with SWO-XXX Outlets - SRP: 29,400 AA Price: 23,500

P-046/C-046 Power and IEC Plug - SRP: 5,150 Each AA Price: 4,100 Each

PA-2075 DR Din to RCA Phono Cable 1.2M - SRP: 12,250 AA Price: 9,800
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby a.chua » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:57 am

AA,
please quote price for the ff:
Oyaide
HPC-X62 1.3m for AKG K702
HPC-35R 1.3m
a.chua

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:28 am

Uy, may kasama na ako :)
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby architecturalaudio » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi Sir,

Our apology for the late response, we overlooked your query.

Here are our prices:
HPC-X62 1.3m for AKG K702 - P2,700
HPC-35R 1.3m[/quote] - P4,000

Thank you for your interest in Oyaide!

Best Regards :)

a.chua wrote:AA,
please quote price for the ff:
Oyaide
HPC-X62 1.3m for AKG K702
HPC-35R 1.3m
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby a.chua » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi,
thanks for the reply
is there stock available?
or should I place order?

A
a.chua

Postby architecturalaudio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi. This is order basis only. Please check you PM. Thanks! :) :) :)

a.chua wrote:Hi,
thanks for the reply
is there stock available?
or should I place order?

A
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby architecturalaudio » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

We will be ordering Oyaide items soon. Please let us know if you are interested in any of their product offerings so we can include them in our order. Thanks! :) :) :)
architecturalaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 am

@corrsty! eto na! order ka na nung tulad sa akin. Ask mo lang si Epoy kung ano yung binili ko. Ha ha ha!
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Bogart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:28 am

Shhhh... baka ayaw paalam sir :D
Bogart
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to ** Architectural Audio **