Recommendation for under P20K speakers???

Dedicated forum just for speakers!

Moderator: Hyperion

Re: Recommendation for under P20K speakers???

Postby arnoldc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 am

That doesn't change the fact that if a speaker is ngongo, it is ngongo.

One can make a "manipis" speaker a bit "mataba" by using bloated tube amps, with extensive roll-off at both ends.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby trauma » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 am

I believe the asker domus just wants to know about the speakers independently and not how its going to match with other components.
IMO there are good and bad speaker designs. There are good materials for them and there are superior materials too. There are fast paced speakers and there are sluggish ones. There are some that are excellent for vocal music but not much use for anything else. There are the speakers that will rock you to the core but wil leave out much detail and imaging.

over the years and many different speakers after, I have found some speakers that no one else wanted incite the lust for audio I had when I was younger.
One of them is the Infinity bookshelves I got from Reymer - the price for which he sold it to me is the "I don't want it anymore" price. They practically tore at my biases on what good speakers are.

Buying brand new, under 20K pesos will surely allow you to choose from many brands. But not as many as when you also consider the used market.

I believe our community through the buy and sell section of this our favorite website allows us the opportunity to listen to many different brands that are within our budget. Buying to try them, keeping them when they suit our taste and selling them when they don't.

My 2 cents worth here would be a used monitor audio s2 which should be just under 20k if you're patient enough to wait for someone to sell. They are very good all arounders but sadly out of my budget.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby usai » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 am

arnoldc wrote:That doesn't change the fact that if a speaker is ngongo, it is ngongo.

amen.
usai
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marty_e » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Rega R1 hands down.
Epos es14/es11
Dynaco a25
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby marcusd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 pm

TAS wrote:^ in just a few months i replaced the wharf modus with a dynes because i cant bear then anymore then being driven by a pioneer ht receiver. they was set aside for years (about 15 more or less) until i found the right match :lol: :lol:

lol.. you know I would have stored mine also if but for the fact ths seller of the B&W accepted my wharfes for trade in against the value of the B&W - bit like throwing a penny into a stack of gold lol..
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marcusd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:02 pm

arnoldc wrote:That doesn't change the fact that if a speaker is ngongo, it is ngongo.

One can make a "manipis" speaker a bit "mataba" by using bloated tube amps, with extensive roll-off at both ends.

if a speaker is bad your right it will be bad, but that does not make matching components and speakers irrelevant - cant be too 'down the line' on that one since what comes out of your speaker is but the end of a line which started with whatever you put in your cd or turntable :) Perhaps one needs to get out of budget before the matching components theory really takes effect.
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marcusd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:04 pm

trauma wrote:I believe the asker domus just wants to know about the speakers independently and not how its going to match with other components.
IMO there are good and bad speaker designs. There are good materials for them and there are superior materials too. There are fast paced speakers and there are sluggish ones. There are some that are excellent for vocal music but not much use for anything else. There are the speakers that will rock you to the core but wil leave out much detail and imaging.

over the years and many different speakers after, I have found some speakers that no one else wanted incite the lust for audio I had when I was younger.
One of them is the Infinity bookshelves I got from Reymer - the price for which he sold it to me is the "I don't want it anymore" price. They practically tore at my biases on what good speakers are.

Buying brand new, under 20K pesos will surely allow you to choose from many brands. But not as many as when you also consider the used market.

I believe our community through the buy and sell section of this our favorite website allows us the opportunity to listen to many different brands that are within our budget. Buying to try them, keeping them when they suit our taste and selling them when they don't.

My 2 cents worth here would be a used monitor audio s2 which should be just under 20k if you're patient enough to wait for someone to sell. They are very good all arounders but sadly out of my budget.

good points, 20k should bring options to the table to get a good initial setup. Monitor audio is a good brand for me personally having sat in more than one demo at my old buddie's house with a complete monitor audio 7.1 setup, mono power blocks etc...
marcusd
Citizen
Citizen

Postby philpath » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Kudos to MOnitor Audio Bronze bx2.
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:21 pm

BOSE :rock:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby cia » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 am

m_shoe_maker wrote:BOSE :rock:

MSM,

Dapat binibigyan ka na commission ni Mark S. for all your efforts promoting BOSE ;)
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Postby O.D. Yeo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 am

May discount ba? Ako na rin!

Image :up: :rock:
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm

cia wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:BOSE :rock:

MSM,

Dapat binibigyan ka na commission ni Mark S. for all your efforts promoting BOSE ;)

Dapat pati sa Jaguar. :devil:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby tony » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 am

domus wrote:Hello sirs, any recommendation for speakers under P20K and where to buy and audition them, Thanks.

sm megamall, at the Dai-Ichi shop, audition the Euros6SV floor standers, easily a bang for the buck speaker selling for 6,500 last December....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ruth2art » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am

TAS wrote:
docsialu wrote:paradigm yata ang atom nols

thanks doc, i was impressed with it during one of the setups i did ;) :) bumabaho kahit anliit hehe

+1
for an entry level, small to medium-sized room, the paradigm atom should be considered.
ruth2art

Postby docsialu » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 am

ruth2art wrote:
TAS wrote:
docsialu wrote:paradigm yata ang atom nols

thanks doc, i was impressed with it during one of the setups i did ;) :) bumabaho kahit anliit hehe

BUMABAHO? HEHE
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ruth2art » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am

docsialu wrote:

BUMABAHO? HEHE

HAHAHAHAHA... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ruth2art

Postby jpeg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Not sure if a used Paradigm studio would be below 20k but if it does fall under this category, do give it a listen. I believe I saw a pair of Audience 42 selling for less than 20k. Epos M5 / M12.2 too. ;)

Jason
jpeg
Citizen
Citizen

Postby carbondated » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Second the motion for Monitor Audio, have driven them with single EL34's. And better a good standmount than a mediocre floorstander!
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby philpath » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:01 pm

MONITOR AUDIO HEHEHEHEEH
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nelson de Leon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Polk speakers
Nelson de Leon
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Speakers