Accuphase e360 + Harbeth C7 = Audio Heaven

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Accuphase e360 + Harbeth C7 = Audio Heaven

Postby magnus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm

After an agonizing wait, it finally arrived yesterday.

Nicely boxed with molded hard styrofoam inserts to brace the contents and protect it from rough handling during shipment

I was initially happy with my previous amp, a Manley Stingray, but after having enjoyed this set up for about a year, I felt that somehow there was more to be experienced with my Harbeths. After checking out possible options, I decided to go with the Accuphase from one of my favorite dealers - FLD of Sounds N Images. I opted to also get the DAC 30 option board installed. My source consists of a Jolida JD100s now serving as a transport and an Onkyo NDs1 dock for my ipod, both now connected via coax and optical cable respectively to the DAC 30.

The Accuphase makes my set up really shine. The music is really fleshed out, instruments are more defined with nice clear separation and yet I still get that nice touch of warmth that I would experience when listening to a tube amp. Nice detailed highs but sweet sounding without sounding harsh. I like the bass even if it isn't as tight compared to the other set-ups I've heard. For my untrained ears, it 's not boomy or muddled -- sounds just right especially for the kind of music I listen to. Vocals are nicely rounded out with depth. Compared to my old set-up, I feel that this one now has a more defined character, with a lot more emotion coming out of the music being played.

I also tried using the tube output section of my cd player by attaching this to the CD line in of the amp. The tubes highlights the middle at the expense of polished but less detailed highs. Sounds good but I think it's more a matter of preference on which kind of sound you would want. As for me, I prefer using the DAC 30.

I'm not an audiophile and since we're in the Sounds n Images section, I'll take this opportunity to talk about customer service which is something I deal with especially in the industry I'm in. If there's one thing that has made emptying my savings account almost painless, its dealing with dealers like Ferdie. He is the kind of dealer that makes interacting with him always a welcome experience - whether it's to ask for audio advice, inquire about a product -- Ferdie always makes it a point to find time to promptly respond to my inquiries (even if it was obvious that I had no intention to make a purchase). I felt that he would always give me the platinum treatment regardless if I was a buying or non buying customer.

Often, my experience in making a purchase (not just with audio gears) is once I've made my payment and the item has been delivered, that's the last that I would hear from the seller or dealer. Not so with Ferdie - he makes a genuine effort to get in touch with me to make sure that the item has arrived. He would then call back an hour or so later to find out if the gear is functioning well according to specs and if I'm satisfied with the quality of my purchase. In short, he genuinely makes an effort to make sure that a purchase experience is something that would always be memorable. Thank you Ferdie again for helping me to experience a little taste of heaven thanks to the products that you sell and the brand of service that you provide in bringing them to your customers.
Last edited by magnus on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Accuphase e360 + Harbeth C7 = Audio Heaven

Postby JoeyGS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Congrats, man! Enjoy....that's a very good combo
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby desmo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Congratulations! That's a good match you've got there. +1 on Ferdie's customer service.
desmo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby daj523 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Excellent setup! You can never go wrong with Ferdie's recommendations.
daj523
Citizen
Citizen

Postby detubo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:40 pm

beautiful combo. sing lambing siguro ng labi ng 21 year old girl friend ni................. :tmi:
detubo
Master
Master

Postby forseti » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Heavenly high-end match rig! ;)
forseti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Congratulations!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby fld » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words Magnus!!
Give it more time & your Accuphase will smoothen some more.
Refinement will improve further as you run more hours.
Enjoy !!
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Audiogeek » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Congrats Albert. I wonder what watch did you dispose of in exchange
for this yummy. Enjoy. ;)
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby amonv » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:09 am

congrats albert :dance: :dance: :dance: :bow:
amonv
Citizen
Citizen

Postby magnus » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks everyone. I spent 8 hours listening and enjoying the music when I got this last Saturday :)

Audiogeek wrote:Congrats Albert. I wonder what watch did you dispose of in exchange

Yan ang hirap sa bisyo natin - hindi pwedeng pag sabayin at least in my particular case :) While I didn't have to unload any watch from my small collection (muntik na :) ;) ) I had to use my savings which had been previously earmarked to fund a watch purchase. I therefore had to make a choice - if I would purchase yung tunog tick-toc or yung mas maraming tunog :D
magnus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:08 am

magnus wrote:Thanks everyone. I spent 8 hours listening and enjoying the music when I got this last Saturday :)

Audiogeek wrote:Congrats Albert. I wonder what watch did you dispose of in exchange

Yan ang hirap sa bisyo natin - hindi pwedeng pag sabayin at least in my particular case :) While I didn't have to unload any watch from my small collection (muntik na :) ;) ) I had to use my savings which had been previously earmarked to fund a watch purchase. I therefore had to make a choice - if I would purchase yung tunog tick-toc or yung mas maraming tunog :D

Nice. . . same reaction from me when I got my Luxman and Lenco table. Tagal kong nakinig din . . . now just looking for stuff to play na lang . . . :-)
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby narayan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 pm

congrats albert :clap: :envy: :geek: great set-up you've got bro.
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<