ASC-Tube Traps & Sound Panels

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

ASC-Tube Traps & Sound Panels

Postby fld » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:53 am

As most of you know, we've been dealing, using & selling ASC (Acoustic Science Corp) products for over 7 years now.

http://www.asc-hifi.com/products.htm

Very few members in Wiredstate members have actually used these original ASC bass traps/Sound panels in their systems & a lot of it has something to do with cost.
All the more now with the increase in freight rates & cost of materials have made these products more un-affordable.
However expensive these are, these products do work & they work extremely well. These take out the room in the equation & all you hear is music & the full capabilities of your gears w/o the room in the equation (which adds all sorts of reflections, anomalies, etc.)

I've used them for over 7 years now & have not changed them, in fact, i added more bass traps & sound panels over the years
and I will most likely continue to use them forever.
They have stood the test of time, and has gone thru several , several gears upgrades, but the ASC room acoustics stayed.

Here is an interesting article in Dagoggo I will share to give you guys a birds eye view of how these products work & what exactly do these do.

http://dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=919

Also, more and more audio shows will be using the ASC products as seen in the California Audio Show, RMAF, etc.

Enjoy the reading.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: ASC-Tube Traps & Sound Panels

Postby brady » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:48 am

I experienced a before and after of these ASC deflectors.

The "before" sound was confused, noisy, irritating. The "after" was "pleasure"
brady
Citizen
Citizen

Postby desmo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:52 pm

I am a user of ASC sound panels. I slapped 8 of them on my glass windows and this tamed the reflections or whatever but bottom line is the improvement with versus without is quite large. Large glass surfaces are really bad for sound. Try spending a few hours in a crowded Jollibee or Mcdonalds and the ambient crowd chatter just becomes overwhelming you'd want to get out.
desmo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby timber715 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 am

before I had them the room just won't help my system and I kept changing gears thinking they were the culprit. My smallish, odd shape room now sound much wider and tamed and my system sound way much better... I only have the ASC for roughly 3 months my gears might change, but these will stay :rock:
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby John Martin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:15 am

These acoustics from ASC are keepers....
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby drubaldo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Where can I find these? Do you have a shop?
drubaldo

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<