Auditorium 23 Speaker cables now available!!

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Auditorium 23 Speaker cables now available!!

Postby fld » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 am

Auditorium 23 speaker cables from Germany are now available here in the Philippines.
This is our latest cable line-up.
We had these cables now for a few weeks and they are great!
From tube amps, push-pull, single ended, hi current class A amps, these speaker cables performed very well.
Speakers tried: Mission, all Harbeths, Dynaudio C4, Focal JM Labs, Spendors, Magnepan.

Contact us for pricing and avaibility. We have them in 8 feet pairs and 10 feet pairs.

Tks for looking.

Ferdie
0918-937-6470

"Just a word, actually two, about these speaker cables: buy them. Whatever else you purchase for your system this year, do yourself a favor and purchase these speaker cables. They are the most balanced, natural yet revealing speaker cables I have ever owned or heard. They are at home in every system I have ever heard them in - regard-less of price. And by high-end standards, they are not just a bargain but a steal."

http://www.auditorium23.de/OnLineReviews/Cable.html

http://www.dagogo.com/Auditorium23speakercable.html

THE SOUND

It’s unbelievable how well these cables with their funny-looking green cotton covers get the sound so right. In comparison to speaker cables I have had that cost five times, two and a half times, and about the same, they are just incredibly alive and musical. They ended up edging out my beloved Audience au24 speaker cables. I had used the Audience au24s for nearly four years as my choice both with the Audio Note AN/Es and the WGA Ikonoklast Model 3s. I do want to say that both the au24 cables and the Auditorium 23 cable are cut from the same sonic cloth, but the Auditorium 23 cables do it just a little bit better. I still use the au24 interconnects as my reference. I used the Auditorium 23 cable between the above speakers and my Wavac MD 300B, and the deHavilland Aries 845Gs. In every case, they just let more music come into my listening room.

With these components, they seemed to impart very little sound of their own on the music. Yet, they allowed the tonal color of the music to come shining through. Again, this is what the Audience cable also do so well, but the Auditorium 23 cables do it just slightly better. They were very special compared to all the other cables at letting nuances of instruments and subtle timing of the musicians be heard. They also were very special at letting the music unravel right in front of you so that you could hear all the layers and textures of the entire sonic event. In no way did they restrict the dynamics or microdynamics of the music. All of this combined to make musical magic when it was on the recording.

As I sit here writing this review, I’m listening to Miles “My Funny Valentine”; it’s not so much that it’s easy to pick out each individual contribution from Miles on trumpet, Herbie on piano, Coleman on tenor, Carter on bass, and Williams on drums. No; what you notice is how great they play together and individually. I know this has more to do with the rest of the system than it does the speaker wire. Still, it is truer with the Auditorium 23 than any of the other wires I’ve tried. The Shindo Monbrison preamp and Wavac amps seem especially adapt at letting all the music unravel in front of you. The Auditorium 23 wire seems to just let you hear this even better.

The Auditorium 23 wire also seems to let you hear a more expansive acoustical space than other wires; especially the space around each instrument and vocal. It also excels at letting the pace, rhythm, and timing of the music come through.

Drums come through so life-like it can be startling. You can hear the stick hit the drum with power and attack. You can hear the initial hit of the stick against the drum, but that’s not all – you also can hear the movement of air above and below the drum. I realize, again, that the wire itself can’t do any of this but only allow you to hear what is the system is doing; but it does this so well.

Likewise cymbals are very musically convincing. You can hear both the tap of the sticks or brushes and then the shimmer. Let me talk about the bass for a minute. The Auditorium 23 speaker cables give bass fullness without sounding fat. This helps you overcome the problem of one-note bass that is so prevalent in the digital world.

I can’t say the Auditorium 23 speaker cables transformed my system or anything so dramatic, but I can say they let my system sound more like music than any of the others as good as they are.

In my April 2007 review of the Audience au24, I compared them to the Nirvana Valhalla speaker cables. The Valhalla’s won every time in a quick A/B test. Long-term listening, though, reveals that while the Valhalla’s were more extended in the treble and bass, and a little more detailed overall, they didn’t let you hear the harmonics and layers of music that the Audience wire did. I am sure the same would be even truer now with the Auditorium 23 wire, as it does everything the au24 does, only better.

The Auditorium wires are more musical. Yes, there are cables that are more spectacular, but in the end I think you will find the Auditorium 23 cables are more correct tonally and musically then these spectacular-sounding cables. Trumpets, saxophones, and strings all sound more like themselves, even if not as impressive.

I think the Audience au24 and the Auditorium 23 speaker cable are the two best speaker cables I have heard regardless of price. If you think you need a little more sparkle in the top-end, but with a sound that gets you 90% of the Auditorium 23s sound, then I suggest the Audience AU24 speaker wire. In the end, I chose the Auditorium speaker wires with the AU24 interconnect. It is about as good as money can buy. Compared to other cables considered the best, the Auditorium 23 leaves you a lot of money over to spend on other things in your system, maybe records.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Auditorium 23 Speaker cables now available!!

Postby roi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi fld,

How much 8 ft pair cost? thx

Roi
roi

Re: Auditorium 23 Speaker cables now available!!

Postby fld » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 pm

"Along with the Leben, Jonathan Halpern also sent a 2.5m set of Auditorium 23 loudspeaker cable that retails for $880. Rarely do reviewers -- let alone audiophiles -- agree on anything. However, in this instance I am in total agreement with my colleagues. The Auditorium 23 is easily the finest speaker cable I have had in my system yet. Like the CS-300X, no one area stands out as this green cotton-clad cable excels at walking that ever-tricky tightrope between resolution and musicality. The Auditorium 23 is a touch expensive to these cost-conscious ears yet I believe they are worth consideration and have clicked with every amp/speaker combo I've tried to date (and this from a guy who frowns upon mixing and matching different brands of cables). " - Paul Candy on the A23 Speaker Cables."
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<