Naim Audio

audio toys from sunny Cebu!

Moderator: fld

Naim Audio

Postby fld » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:48 pm

Naim Audio of UK will be in Sounds N Images soon.

The Famous Nait 5i, Naim CD5x and the Naim CD5i will be available soon.

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/cd5i.html

"This is a player with impeccable pace and timing, no doubting it – the CD5i sounded tight and focused, and got to the point without any fuss. I played all sorts of material on it, from rock and pop to jazz and electronica, and from ethnic to classical. It never disappointed, handling everything thrown at it with aplomb."

http://202.186.86.35/audio/story.asp?fi ... ile/22naim

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/cd5x.html

"Once warmed-up properly (allow several days on repeat play), the CD5x immediately impressed with a tangible musical presentation that reminded me at once of a well-sorted record-player. There was no hint of coldness or flatness – indeed I see the word ‘organic’ in my listening notes.

Not only did the CD5x impart music with genuine body, it showed no signs of favoritism. Well, it’s true to say Naim has not lost its special way with energetic musical genres, but now it doesn’t matter if that means rock, jazz, symphonic, or electronic."

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/nait5i.html

"When coupled with the Nait 5i, the CD5i sounds quite remarkable, which was no surprise, as the two components were made to work togethers. The bass was significantly better—not bigger and fuller, but tighter. The bass was so prodigious that it reminded me of the Dali MS4s ($9000). I was now getting that sound from my Grands. Bravo. This CD/amp combo completely controlled the bass on my Grands, never letting it overwhelm the music. The soundstage also increased substantially with the addition of the CD 5i. With my Arcam cd72T, the soundstage usually extends just beyond my speakers, but with the CD 5i, it expanded well beyond them. This was very enjoyable. The combo sounds more like musicians playing in a theatre, where there is a lot of space between the instruments, rather than in a studio, where there is much less space. I prefer the big, open sound of the theatre. "

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue1 ... nait5i.htm

Further details, pls contact us.

Thanks.
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby keith » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:21 pm

Congratulations Ferds. ;)
keith
walastick

Postby fld » Thu May 18, 2006 3:49 pm

The Naim CD5i, CD5x, and Nait 5i has arrived.

Those interested, pls PM for pricing.

Thanks
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Thu May 18, 2006 4:55 pm

fld wrote:The Naim CD5i, CD5x, and Nait 5i has arrived.

Thanks

i get to listen to it next week, sir?? yahoo!!! :wink:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Superman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:37 am

...the sound of the naim amp and cdp combo is still in my mind :? :( :? :(
Superman
Master Showman

Postby audiofilio » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:52 am

Superman wrote:...the sound of the naim amp and cdp combo is still in my mind :? :( :? :(

Hi Jen! What combo did you had the pleasure of listening to?... Nait5i/CD5i or Nait5i & CD5x? Can you believe the output impedance of the CD5x in particular? 10ohms max.!!! Is the presentation not forward or a bit shouty?
audiofilio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Jen! What combo did you had the pleasure of listening to?...

Nait5i & CD5x?

Is the presentation not forward or a bit shouty?[/quote]

Shouty--not in Naim's vocabulary! Jen probably can elaborate better
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:10 pm

fld wrote:Hi Jen! What combo did you had the pleasure of listening to?...

Nait5i & CD5x?

Is the presentation not forward or a bit shouty?

Shouty--not in Naim's vocabulary! Jen probably can elaborate better[/quote]

stephen...shouty you mean?? IMHO, to make it simple...the Naim CDP, Naim Amp and Harbeth Speakers...it's a combo that i cannot find any fault...it is well balanced...it has a synergy wherein the character is unique...unlike in other systems (even my own) wherein you notice the highs are extended, mids are to die for, bass is slam-banging...this one is simple -- well-balanced in terms of total presentation...and you really get to enjoy the music rather than the equipment...
Superman
Master Showman

Postby audiofilio » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:23 am

Thanks Jen for your insights regarding the Naim combo... how I wish I could here the NaimCD5x combined with the Nait5i. Is there a dealer in Manila? I'll be there on the 14th of July.

Sir Ferdie I PM'ed you Re: speaker/IC cables.
audiofilio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:48 pm

audiofilio wrote:Thanks Jen for your insights regarding the Naim combo... how I wish I could here the NaimCD5x combined with the Nait5i. Is there a dealer in Manila? I'll be there on the 14th of July.

Sir Ferdie I PM'ed you Re: speaker/IC cables.

no problem, stephen...FYI, i am already based in Davao...thanks! :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Tubedude » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:22 pm

audiofilio wrote:
Superman wrote:...the sound of the naim amp and cdp combo is still in my mind :? :( :? :(

Hi Jen! What combo did you had the pleasure of listening to?... Nait5i/CD5i or Nait5i & CD5x? Can you believe the output impedance of the CD5x in particular? 10ohms max.!!! Is the presentation not forward or a bit shouty?

I have heard all and find the Naim CD5x a very musical satisfying CDP.
I own many tube amps but find the Nait 5 in my system to be very easy to listen to. Naim makes music, just that simple.
Tubedude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby leo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35 am

fld wrote:The Naim CD5i, CD5x, and Nait 5i has arrived.

Thanks

Sent you PM.
leo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby botching » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:41 pm

sent you pm re naim cd5i and headline2 :)
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Marco Santos » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:42 pm

pls PM me cash price of Nait 5i. Thanks.
Marco Santos

Re: Naim Audio

Postby JoeyGS » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Dear Ferdie,

Can you kindly send me the pricelist of Nait 5i, Naim CD5x and the Naim CD5i.

I am currently building up my audio set-up and have heard that Naims are good equipment.

my email address is josejbjj@econo.ideal-access.ph

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

JoeyGS

fld wrote:Naim Audio of UK will be in Sounds N Images soon.

The Famous Nait 5i, Naim CD5x and the Naim CD5i will be available soon.

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/cd5i.html

"This is a player with impeccable pace and timing, no doubting it – the CD5i sounded tight and focused, and got to the point without any fuss. I played all sorts of material on it, from rock and pop to jazz and electronica, and from ethnic to classical. It never disappointed, handling everything thrown at it with aplomb."

http://202.186.86.35/audio/story.asp?fi ... ile/22naim

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/cd5x.html

"Once warmed-up properly (allow several days on repeat play), the CD5x immediately impressed with a tangible musical presentation that reminded me at once of a well-sorted record-player. There was no hint of coldness or flatness – indeed I see the word ‘organic’ in my listening notes.

Not only did the CD5x impart music with genuine body, it showed no signs of favoritism. Well, it’s true to say Naim has not lost its special way with energetic musical genres, but now it doesn’t matter if that means rock, jazz, symphonic, or electronic."

http://www.naim-audio.com/products/nait5i.html

"When coupled with the Nait 5i, the CD5i sounds quite remarkable, which was no surprise, as the two components were made to work togethers. The bass was significantly better—not bigger and fuller, but tighter. The bass was so prodigious that it reminded me of the Dali MS4s ($9000). I was now getting that sound from my Grands. Bravo. This CD/amp combo completely controlled the bass on my Grands, never letting it overwhelm the music. The soundstage also increased substantially with the addition of the CD 5i. With my Arcam cd72T, the soundstage usually extends just beyond my speakers, but with the CD 5i, it expanded well beyond them. This was very enjoyable. The combo sounds more like musicians playing in a theatre, where there is a lot of space between the instruments, rather than in a studio, where there is much less space. I prefer the big, open sound of the theatre. "

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue1 ... nait5i.htm

Further details, pls contact us.

Thanks.
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby plus_back » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:22 pm

sir ferdie are you familiar with the power supply of naim audio cd player model CDS. [ NACDS player + power supply ] pls help.
plus_back
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 pm

plus_back wrote:sir ferdie are you familiar with the power supply of naim audio cd player model CDS. [ NACDS player + power supply ] pls help.

What kind of help you need ?
NA CDS is an old CD player. Do you need the power supply of it ?
do you need it repaired ?

Pls PM me as to how i can help u ?
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby plus_back » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:55 pm

sir frankly i bought this w/out knowing that it has a separate power supply... i guess you know what i mean.. hehe alam ko medyo TOTL ang model kaya nga impulse comes in, now i learn the hard way. sir i need the power supply.
TIA
plus_back
Citizen
Citizen

Postby fld » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:41 am

plus_back wrote:sir frankly i bought this w/out knowing that it has a separate power supply... i guess you know what i mean.. hehe alam ko medyo TOTL ang model kaya nga impulse comes in, now i learn the hard way. sir i need the power supply.
TIA

it would be best if you can buy a used power supply for that cd player. A new CD player is quite astronomical. 5 years ago when we bought a PS for a CDX2, it costed us new close to $4,500. I dont know what the current price is now. PLus on your CD player thats almost mandatory.

Pls call me at 0918-937-6470 if you have concerns.

regards

Ferdie
fld
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby plus_back » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:31 am

:shock: :( ok thanks, call you this weekend.
plus_back
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to >> Sounds N Images <<