DIY & RESTORATION GALLERY: joseph02's Hashimoto HM-7 SUT

goodies from the Master!

Moderator: hypertriode

Postby pigdog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:07 am

francis is going tro be yaya to the 45 for the next couple of weeks as he has lindsay thant should be sensitive enough for this amp
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby hypertriode » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 am

amandarae wrote:Awesome! Iba talaga ang Hypertriode, pang-competition! DC 'to? Unless I am mistaken, isa lang PT na nakita ko.

Pigdog, daming puyatan na naman niyan! Enjoy your new toy, whenever!

Congrats to the master for a job well done, and to the owner who will reap all the benefits!

regards,

Abe

thanks abe! have seen your works also bro; wonders too! 8)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby hypertriode » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:14 am

keith wrote:Bro, ganda!!! 8)

Congratulations Chester!!!

thanks keith! :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby hypertriode » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:32 am

handyboy's ELECTRONAMIC tube tester cabinet restoration.

hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby handyboy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:41 am

ok yun gawa!
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby amandarae » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 am

vintage_dog wrote:
hypertriode wrote:[b]the mother of all pigdogs' mother of all 45 amps! :)

this must be grandma! the mother of pigdog's mother of all 45 amps..hehehe.

galing!

(rene, nakasira ung volume pot...bakit ALPS lang? nag mukhang mura. hehehe dapat DAC man lang.
:twisted:)

VD,

try mo PEC pots like this one http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=KKA1041S28-ND

$33 and change a piece but will obliterate the DACT or original ALPS IMO. I tried it with my JEL 2A3/45 amp and JEL preamp replacing ALPS, ang layo......more precision than comparable ALPS, and call me crazy but the sound really improved!

Suggestion lang...... :D

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby hypertriode » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

amandarae wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:
hypertriode wrote:[b]the mother of all pigdogs' mother of all 45 amps! :)

this must be grandma! the mother of pigdog's mother of all 45 amps..hehehe.

galing!

(rene, nakasira ung volume pot...bakit ALPS lang? nag mukhang mura. hehehe dapat DAC man lang.
:twisted:)

VD,

try mo PEC pots like this one http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=KKA1041S28-ND

$33 and change a piece but will obliterate the DACT or original ALPS IMO. I tried it with my JEL 2A3/45 amp and JEL preamp replacing ALPS, ang layo......more precision than comparable ALPS, and call me crazy but the sound really improved!

Suggestion lang...... :D

regards,

Abe

VD, IMSE i don't really like the sound of dacts; they sound dryish to me and wouldn't want to compromise the 45 sound. i found the ALPS sound more musical (carbon sound always appeal to me :) )

Abe's right on the money on the PEC's (used these before on keith's JEL300B monos, got them on sale at diyhifisupply). organic is the first word that comes to mind to describe it's sound.

again, it's just me. cheers! :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby hypertriode » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:53 am

AKAI 1710 open-reel tape player/recorder with built in single-ended tube amplifier and speakers.

hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby hypertriode » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm

MCINTOSH MC225 25 wpc push-pull stereo power amplifier.

LEAK TL-10 10-watt monoblocks.

hypertriode
Grand Master

Re: DIY & VINTAGE RESTORATION GALLERY: MCINTOSH & LEAK

Postby mva » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 am

Sir Rene,

Pasubok ang Leak kung ayos lang? This must sound glorious as it looks.

Mva
mva
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hypertriode » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:19 am

mva wrote:Sir Rene,

Pasubok ang Leak kung ayos lang? This must sound glorious as it looks.

Mva

hi mva,

the leak is back on the operating table undergoing further surgery - filter caps need to be changed :) will pop up on your front door when it's ready bro ;)

btw, your Harman Kardon Citation II is up and running again, Scott 399 is in showroom condition and Luxman PL-45 pre/MB3045 monos are ready to fire! :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby pigdog » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:36 pm

those are very handsome pair of leaks!
pigdog
Master
Master

Re: DIY & VINTAGE RESTORATION GALLERY: pigdog's 45 amp w/ tubes

Postby hypertriode » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 am

as requested, here you go pigdog! :)

hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby pigdog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:12 am

orgasmic! :inlove:
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:03 pm

pigdog wrote:orgasmic! :inlove:

they are at home now chester! i'll fire them up tomorrow.

i've plugged in a matched pair of vintage 1929 rca radiotron 245s ;)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pigdog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:02 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
pigdog wrote:orgasmic! :inlove:

they are at home now chester! i'll fire them up tomorrow.

i've plugged in a matched pair of vintage 1929 rca radiotron 245s ;)

cheers Francis! i owe you a pasalubong for babysitting my 45s :) in case you wish to sell a pair of 45 globes do let me know, i have a small stash but am not sure how good they are as these are all very old valves from the 20s and 30s though inexpensive as compared to a 300B i think it would be prudent to have some extras incase the ones i got are gassy
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm

hypertriode wrote:as requested, here you go pigdog! :)

its been over a month since i took delivery of the 45 built by the master himself, i have been playing it endlessly before i went on the road for two weeks, and today having just returned from my assignment, i was able to power on the amp and after 3 hours of warming up, i played John Coltrane and Johnny hartman using the Nordic concept turntable. i must say this amp has been evolving and what i hear is lush and musical, considering this amp has an output of less than 2 watts per channel, i can feel a direct intimacy between the silky voice of johnny hartman and coltrane. My sincerest kudos to the Master Rene for his outstanding work putting together this wonderful amp. it took nearly a year, but it was well worth the wait! i will post pictures next time around, as i am waiting for my altecs with Joey's v vent this pair of altecs 604 with the JBLs would be a formidable combo with Rene's 45. i can also say that i have come full circle since the last audio show, with my amps and preamp and the cabinets all designed and made in the Philippines. something to be truly proud off!
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi Ches! CONGRATS on your amp! You'll be in town for the hi-fi show, right??
Superman
Master Showman

Re: DIY & VINTAGE RESTORATION GALLERY: soundpurist's tt switcher

Postby hypertriode » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:01 pm

soundpurist's 3-way turntable switcher.

hypertriode
Grand Master

Re: DIY & VINTAGE RESTORATION GALLERY: soundpurist's tt switcher

Postby soundpurist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:42 pm

hypertriode wrote:soundpurist's 3-way turntable switcher.

Thanks Rene> :)

On a personal note, it's nice ending the year with significant discoveries, or should I say validation of thoughts, in this hobby. Having gone into multi phono, I've been entertaining the thought of acquiring a multi input phonostage but found them too exorbitant. But then, having auditioned a number of respectable and hi-end phonostages, I can't immagine my analog sans the Trichord Diablo- for me it's one up there with the best. But it can accomodate only one TT. A switcher must be a nice try.

A switcher must deliver the cart signal directly the PS without any infractions and without any distortion upon switching.

One day (just this week), I texted Rene and offered me this passive TT switcher with 3 pairs of input and 1 output. The unit is easy to install, and yes works well- wala kasing kuryente. Continuous grounding - ground post per pair of inputs and output. Rene cautioned me to mute the preamp when switching to avert any possible sudden frequency surge or distortion. But no. Switching from one table to another is so smooth, no any undesirable signals.

SQ result? Getting used with The Trichord Diablo and the 2 carts running in my system since 2006, I know these babies. And, Yes, they behave perfectly the same with the switcher! Would I ever think of a multi input PS? . . . . Unless a dollar falls to Ph P3.00 and my Diablo is exorcised :D And only then, and maybe a Steelhead! :D

But here's the gist! Neutral switcher before a phono stage could pierce the veil covering the true character of the cart, arms, TT, LPs and etc. long been hyped by reviewers and marketing blahs. Switching from one table to another listening to your precious carts thousands apart in price, you may know they sound almost the same and the price difference is loathsome :( , or they may sound thousands apart :D Same LPs - a japan pressed in one (from boytoy :lol: ),a US audiophile grade 180grams virgin vinyl in the other one costing twice or thrice then interchange, nice to hear the difference, hearthbreaking or otherwise ;) Same goes with the arms and the turntable. :) Good that with switcher, like this one, the instant AB comparison spares the preamp up. :) A lot of discoveries!

With this switcher, I enjoy spinning, switching, comparing instantly the LPs, the arms, the carts. Whether I fully agree to what the magazines and reviews say, that's up to my taste. ;)
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to >> HYPER AUDIO <<