goodies from the Master!

Moderator: hypertriode

Up Close & Personal With LINN's Ivor Tiefenbrun

Postby hypertriode » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

hypertriode
Grand Master

Re: Up Close & Personal With LINN's Ivor Tiefenbrun

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks Rene. Hope you could share your thoughts about the Linn turntable. How does it compare to the Lenco or the Technics or the Rega? Who are the official dealers of Linn in the Philippines? How much does one cost? Thanks.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

the happiest guy that evening was Sensei Pat Morita....even if we irritated Ivor first because of beimg an hour late (actually he was 2 hours early but has to wait for me).....at first parang palalabasin na mga kami ng room heheje

.....but in the end....i think he got the most and the longest handshake from Ivor hahaha
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby troporobo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 pm

It was an interesting evening, definitely not a typical audio demo that's for sure! Ivor lectured for nearly 90 minutes on his theories of accurate reproduction, starting from evolution in the Cambrian era through to conception and birth, etc. He is clearly passionate about his craft, that is for sure. A little bit cranky as well. We had a very interesting conversation over dinner. Too bad this is his final tour of Asia (so he says). Thanks very much to the organizers!

(Rene / Arnold / others: if you email your photos to robert dot guild at gmail dot com, I will put up a post on Vinyl Asylum)
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Ivor had it simply put - its how the listener gets involve emotionally in the music is the key :)

It was an honor to meet Mr. Tiefenbrun, who is passionate about the music he listens to :) a passion that is very much evident in LINN's designs. :bow: :bow: :bow:

BTW, we had a nice conversation with Robert Wong of LINN, since LINN is also into software (CDs, vinyls) there may be a chance to bring in its artists, like Carol Kidd and Claire Martin :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Jon Agner on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Ivor Tiefenbrun signing on a few LINN Sondek armboards
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby jadis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:46 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:the happiest guy that evening was Sensei Pat Morita....even if we irritated Ivor first because of beimg an hour late (actually he was 2 hours early but has to wait for me).....at first parang palalabasin na mga kami ng room heheje

Ivor had a surprisingly tough protocol once he began his presentation. Before that, we were told no picture taking, no going in and out the room, cell phones on silent mode, mouths on silent mode, :D and late comers will not be allowed to enter the room once he started to talk. Morita violated all of those, practically. :lol: After about an hour into the lecture, Morita and a few guys were allowed to enter the room, immediately, Morita began his chit-chat with his seatmate, Ivor motioned a hush hush sign, and said 'quiet'. STRIKE 1. :lol: Then Ivor motioned to Morita's corner NOT to take pictures, STRIKE 2. And then, Morita's cell phone rang, probably in its loudest setting. STRIKE 3. :lol: Good thing umpire Ivor did not throw him out. :D The rest, as they say, is history. I took a few pictures myself on the event and will be posting it soon. Thanks for the pics, Rene.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby hypertriode » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

jadis wrote:
TheAnalogSource wrote:the happiest guy that evening was Sensei Pat Morita....even if we irritated Ivor first because of beimg an hour late (actually he was 2 hours early but has to wait for me).....at first parang palalabasin na mga kami ng room heheje

Ivor had a surprisingly tough protocol once he began his presentation. Before that, we were told no picture taking, no going in and out the room, cell phones on silent mode, mouths on silent mode, :D and late comers will not be allowed to enter the room once he started to talk. Morita violated all of those, practically. :lol: After about an hour into the lecture, Morita and a few guys were allowed to enter the room, immediately, Morita began his chit-chat with his seatmate, Ivor motioned a hush hush sign, and said 'quiet'. STRIKE 1. :lol: Then Ivor motioned to Morita's corner NOT to take pictures, STRIKE 2. And then, Morita's cell phone rang, probably in its loudest setting. STRIKE 3. :lol: Good thing umpire Ivor did not throw him out. :D The rest, as they say, is history. I took a few pictures myself on the event and will be posting it soon. Thanks for the pics, Rene.

Very strict during the talk (which is how it should be) but very warm-hearted during the exchange of pleasantries! Love the man! 8)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby carbondated » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Gasp! I am in shock at all the secret flat-earthers coming out of the woodwork... ;)
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 am

.....but in the end....i think he got the most and the longest handshake from Ivor hahaha

The LENCO guy with the LINN designer ;) :) :) :) Hmmmm.... baka LINN armboard na ang maging kasama ng mga future LENCO TT owners :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby real top » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Jon Agner wrote:The LENCO guy with the LINN designer ;) :) :) :) Hmmmm.... baka LINN armboard na ang maging kasama ng mga future LENCO TT owners :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: kuya JA baka maging LINNCO ;)

I had opportunity to listen this LINN in Singapore last two months ago, ang bait ng agent and i spend one and half hour on the bench for listen :D :D :lol: .
Three TT yun demo nya na LINN yun pinarinig sa akin, first yun old LINN unit na upgraded he mentioned , then yun tig XXXX na price , then yun black na XXXXX price :) :D

Umaangat ang puwet ko sa ganda ng tunog superrrrr, malayo talaga sa ibang TT :lol: :lol:
Kaya hanap na ng ibang DAR-LINN :D :lol:
real top
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> HYPER AUDIO <<