Vinyl grading & notice to LP sellers (Feb 8, 2008)

Trade LPs and CDs here. No pirated materials please

Moderator: TheAnalogSource

Postby Fourplay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:39 am

I agree, bro.

Theirs is a thankless job. Their dedication to the craft and hobby is simply outstanding. :D
Fourplay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stereophile » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:02 am

Thank you for your support, guys. Foremost, I am a member of WS, just like you, who just likes to consume BPs... :wink: The job of being a moderator was tasked upon me. I take nothing for it. I have to squeeze in the job between caring for the lives and limbs of my patients and family life. If you remember, the rules were set upon consultation with everyone in an open forum. No contradictions meant that we could carry them out. We did.

Now, others are clamoring for a revision. I have said & still say, I am open to suggestions and will gladly listen to your inputs Saturday pm. Non-attendance will mean that you will agree to what will be set, or that you simply don't care.

I'm looking towards an interactive and straightforward discussion among friends who share the same passion for analog this Saturday. Can I count on seeing you guys then :?: Ty for your time.
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby Superman » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:03 am

stereophile wrote:Thank you for your support, guys. Foremost, I am a member of WS, just like you, who just likes to consume BPs... :wink: The job of being a moderator was tasked upon me. I take nothing for it. I have to squeeze in the job between caring for the lives and limbs of my patients and family life. If you remember, the rules were set upon consultation with everyone in an open forum. No contradictions meant that we could carry them out. We did.

Now, others are clamoring for a revision. I have said & still say, I am open to suggestions and will gladly listen to your inputs Saturday pm. Non-attendance will mean that you will agree to what will be set, or that you simply don't care.

I'm looking towards an interactive and straightforward discussion among friends who share the same passion for analog this Saturday. Can I count on seeing you guys then :?: Ty for your time.

Thanks to your very dedicated HEART, doc orca!

If there's a PLDT landline available at Gypsy's, then I can join via phone patch :D ...or via sun cellular as well... :D Mahirap ang nasa malayo :D Pero may benefits din naman :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am

stereophile wrote:Thank you for your support, guys. Foremost, I am a member of WS, just like you, who just likes to consume BPs... :wink: The job of being a moderator was tasked upon me. I take nothing for it. I have to squeeze in the job between caring for the lives and limbs of my patients and family life. If you remember, the rules were set upon consultation with everyone in an open forum. No contradictions meant that we could carry them out. We did.

Doc,

We, the other members of the WS community, should thank you, Arnold and VD for your efforts in moderating the marketplace. All of us here know that being a co-moderator (aside from Arn Arn and VD) in this forum is indeed a thankless job, so we thank you guys for stepping into the plate and taking the initiative to do the work for the community's convinience.

I've read the posts of the other members as far as the B & S section is concerned, and like them, I also have my own views on this, but will hold on to it for the Saturday discussion. :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby randybarba » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 am

Dami na palang nangyari :shock: . Huli na ako sa balita :lol: . Will be at the BB this saturday :)
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pigdog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 am

since i wont be in the meeting due to my not being based in manila . my say is for starters i did not see any reason why we needed to implement any more rules as like playgrading as most of us never really had an issues with the sellers, i accepted the rule only on certain exceptions such as opened lps that are being sold for a higher price points, otherwise the previous setup is fine as it is, also one of the issues that we have yet to deal with is to find a way for new rules to be kept prominently on display as these threads to disappear over time and to some of us who may not be online most of the time, tend to miss out and as a result those of us who missed out on these announcements would end up inadvertantley violating the new rules. these are all done simply because the rules were not easily accesible and when something like this happens, these sellers get locked down in the process. no proper explanations whatsoever, it can be a turn off to some of us as we would be made to feel we committed a major crime when all one did was to make a small mistake, sometimes a simple straightforward explanation is all it takes. para wala ng sama ng loob right? i think this is one of the real issues that needed to be worked on. whatever rules that everyone agrees on is acceptable but remember to keep it simple and straightforward and as limited as possible, the more rules, the more stress on everyone including moderators and the less fun for all. and please lets keep the buying and selling thread alive, this is afterall one of the main features of this site. and lastly i do have a strong appreciation for the kind efforts of the moderators for this is a thankless job, and i for one also moderated another forum using the same software as WS so i know what it is like.
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby onedown » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 am

pigdog wrote:<snip>
...a way for new rules to be kept prominently on display as these threads to disappear over time ...

<snip>

... sellers get locked down in the process. no proper explanations whatsoever, it can be a turn off to some ...

<snip>

i think there would be less problems if sellers would take a few minutes to read the selling rules. they are sticky threads, so they appear on top of the first page.

as for threads getting locked, i don't think moderators would lock threads if there was no rule violated. if the thread got locked, the likely reason is the seller overlooked a rule.

:)
onedown
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am

sometimes the sellers dont see the new rules, i am not a seller and sometimes i missed these things please bear in mind that i am not always online when i am on the road.

onedown wrote:
pigdog wrote:<snip>
...a way for new rules to be kept prominently on display as these threads to disappear over time ...

<snip>

... sellers get locked down in the process. no proper explanations whatsoever, it can be a turn off to some ...

<snip>

i think there would be less problems if sellers would take a few minutes to read the selling rules. they are sticky threads, so they appear on top of the first page.

as for threads getting locked, i don't think moderators would lock threads if there was no rule violated. if the thread got locked, the likely reason is the seller overlooked a rule.

:)
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby Fourplay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:34 am

I would like to quote Boytoy's rules (read his thread):

*There Is A Small Risk Anytime You Buy A Record On Wiredstate,So If Your The Kind Of Person Who Looks For The Most Minute Flaw To Complain About, Please Do Us Both A Favor, And Don't Buy.

* There Is A Return Policy In Place, So Please Buy With Confidence! I Won't Bother Listing A Record That Is Damaged Or Obviously Defective And Cannot Be Played.

* If You Buy From Someone Else, We Both Lose! If You Think My Prices Are High, I'm Not Forcing You, It's Your Choice To Reserve For The Item Or Not. My Only Assurance Is The Albums I'm Selling Although At A Higher Price , Are One Of A Kind And In Good Quality, Which I Doubt, You Can't Find From Other Sellers

* My Main Objective Is For Every Transaction To Go As Smooth As Possible, And To Date I Have Had Over 3000+ Transactions That Worked Out Just Fine. As For The Negative Comments I Do Have, Most Of Them Could Have Been Avoided If The Buyer Would Have Made An Effort To Communicate With Me....Hence THINK....Before You Leave A Negative Or Neutral Feedback....It Doesn't Help Anybody

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fourplay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pigdog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 am

I liked Boytoys rules and it is straightforward and he is a great person to deal with! :D
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby 99khan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 pm

I would like to participate in the discussion this saturday and express my humble opinion. See you there.

Many people have very good points. In an ideal set up, the marketplace should work by itself. Moderators should have very little involvement, if any, at all. Establishing TRUST should be the first order of the day.

I, for one, am not a fan of "more rules", and sometimes of unnecessary "policing" and monitoring. This is a sign of immaturity and irresponsibility. WS has a long way to go in this regard.

When selling in the marketplace, ALL SHOULD ABIDE BY THE RULES, regardless whether we agree or not. A discussion is healthy.

I, personally, started only selling last December and do not intend to do this long term. I enjoy the posts, the interactions -- they're funny, sometimes thought-provoking, and at times absurd.

BUT most especially, it's the friendships and relationships that we establish as a result of all this that really matters most in the end - BPs or no BPs.

Let's keep WS fun.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:50 pm

stereophile wrote:Ok. A meeting then. Personally, I think it's best held this Sat pm at Bikini Bottom (Hyper's/Vinyl Dump) This is where the sellers( Gypsy, Raffy, Dong, DannyB, Danny C) and most of the BP eaters (Butanding, Wattanabe, Merlin, Fourplay, M Corleone , etc :wink:)converge. Let's settle it once and for all. May I ask the Hon JackD, Pican & Jadis if they can spare the time to meet. With the number of members in attendance, I think we can carve the rules in stone... :D

I'll be there :) Tama matagal na akong hindi naka takas at nakapunta sa BB :twisted:
JackD201
Immortal

Previous

Return to MARKETPLACE - Software