Turntable Technicians

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Turntable Technicians

Postby Quiel » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:28 pm

Am looking for guys/shops who can very well service vintage turntables: Dual and Garrard. Appreciate recommendations the vinyl experts.

Problems encountered has something to do with the consistency of spinning and tonearm movement.

Thanks!
Quiel
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Turntable Technicians

Postby Superman » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:10 pm

Quiel wrote:Am looking for guys/shops who can very well service vintage turntables: Dual and Garrard. Appreciate recommendations the vinyl experts.

Problems encountered has something to do with the consistency of spinning and tonearm movement.

Thanks!

bro. quiel,

you can try bro. hypertriode (rene rivo) at his humble matanzas abode...call 832-5710...cheers!

superman :wink:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby ihatejazz » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:42 am

Hey guys lemme give you a lead. Don't attacck MSM too much. He d man! He has the most complete/extensive set of analog tools this side of the earth. However, his fees are exorbitant. So moral of the story, be kind to the man
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:46 am

Ihatejazz wrote:Hey guys lemme give you a lead. Don't attacck MSM too much. He d man! He has the most complete/extensive set of analog tools this side of the earth. However, his fees are exorbitant. So moral of the story, be kind to the man

What the Hell :?: :x

Tools you say :?: I have different sizes of monkey wrenches and sledge hammers to be used for your alignment needs. :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby ihatejazz » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:52 am

Or you can have it brought to Hyper. He'll do it. But you have to feel if he is in the mood. :) He charges reasonably too. However, if his fee is out of hand chances are he had it subcontracted. Wanna guess who the triggerman is?
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:59 am

Triggerman would surely be ihatejazz. :D
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby stjohn » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:34 am

whois MSM?
and what kind of 'things' you want to do with vintage TTs?

help could just be around the corner.

egay
stjohn
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ihatejazz » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:19 pm

M shoe me d top dog setup man! :D :D D foremost clearaudio expert :D :D ! alignment king! :D :D :D
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:30 am

Ihatejazz wrote:M shoe me d top dog setup man! :D :D D foremost clearaudio expert :D :D ! alignment king! :D :D :D

No way man :!: :)

First of all, I'm not a dog :!: :x :D

I'm not, and not claiming to be the foremost Clearaudio expert as I have not OWNED, or heard ALL of Clearaudio's products in my OWN listening environment. :roll: Although I have heard entry level, as well as top of the line Clearaudio tables, tonearms and cartridges, I heard these in different set-ups, different rooms, and most of all, using different software. How in the world could I call that fair evaluation :?: :roll: Call me an expert if you actually bring the entire Clearaudio line-up, including a Master Reference / Insider combo to my house for me to evaluate for at least a month. :D :D

As far as I am concerned, I was just a mere spectator to all these Clearaudio stuff, and not an "evaluator". :roll:

Alignment King :?: :D How could that be :?: Nobody even goes to my house and ask my help. :D Oh, by the way, I don't charge exorbitant rates. :x :D :D
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby ihatejazz » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:38 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:
Ihatejazz wrote:M shoe me d top dog setup man! :D :D D foremost clearaudio expert :D :D ! alignment king! :D :D :D

No way man :!: :)

First of all, I'm not a dog :!: :x :D

I'm not, and not claiming to be the foremost Clearaudio expert as I have not OWNED, or heard ALL of Clearaudio's products in my OWN listening environment. :roll: Although I have heard entry level, as well as top of the line Clearaudio tables, tonearms and cartridges, I heard these in different set-ups, different rooms, and most of all, using different software. How in the world could I call that fair evaluation :?: :roll: Call me an expert if you actually bring the entire Clearaudio line-up, including a Master Reference / Insider combo to my house for me to evaluate for at least a month. :D :D

DOBLE CARA :evil:

As far as I am concerned, I was just a mere spectator to all these Clearaudio stuff, and not an "evaluator". :roll:

Alignment King :?: :D How could that be :?: Nobody even goes to my house and ask my help. :D Oh, by the way, I don't charge exorbitant rates. :x :D :D
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:57 pm

With his magnificent work with the Rockport, I say SETUP2 is the technician man :!:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby ihatejazz » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:15 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:With his magnificent work with the Rockport, I say SETUP2 is the technician man :!:

He I gotta see. Shoe me yo still ma man!
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby setup2 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:39 am

del
Last edited by setup2 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
setup2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hypertriode » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:37 am

hey SETUP2 i have no triggerman. i work by myself when it comes to analog. since i'll be setting up my retro-analog system, i'll be needing your knowhow and expertise. i'm sure you won't let me down and will have time...cheers!
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby setup2 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:21 am

hypertriode wrote:hey SETUP2 i have no triggerman. i work by myself when it comes to analog. since i'll be setting up my retro-analog system, i'll be needing your knowhow and expertise. i'm sure you won't let me down and will have time...cheers!

Sorry, I may have misunderstood statements made in this thread... no offense meant... I already deleted my post about it... I doubt if you will need my assistance in setting up your analog system as I know your good in setting up turntables... hope you invite me for a listen when it's up and running... :)
setup2
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Analog