Gemini XL-DD50 Turntable

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Gemini XL-DD50 Turntable

Postby roadworthyman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Good Day mga Sirs / Ma'aam

Ask ko lang kung may idea kayo sa Gemini brand na turntable?

Yung friend ko kasi binebenta sa akin ng presyong matindi pa sa bentang adik (pero di sya adik ha. hehe!), pamigay na presyo since hindi naman talaga mahilig sa music. Nakatambak lang daw sa bahay ng matagal.

Gemini XL-DD50 ang brand at model. 110V, galing US.

photo above from google image for reference

thanks,
Erick
roadworthyman

Re: Gemini XL-DD50 Turntable

Postby TheAnalogSource » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:23 pm

for one, it's way much better than the usb turntables at the mall.

for most similar new table i've opened, it can be converted easily to 220v.

if you are getting it at about 8-10k, then the price is just about right. pag sobra baba pa dun, adik talaga kebigan mo hehe

can you clarify one thing, the model uses DD but i see a belt on the package. can you confirm if its a belt or direct drive. pag direct drive, naka jackpot ka sa price above.

enjoy your new toy.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby roadworthyman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:30 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:for one, it's way much better than the usb turntables at the mall.

for most similar new table i've opened, it can be converted easily to 220v.

if you are getting it at about 8-10k, then the price is just about right. pag sobra baba pa dun, adik talaga kebigan mo hehe

can you clarify one thing, the model uses DD but i see a belt on the package. can you confirm if its a belt or direct drive. pag direct drive, naka jackpot ka sa price above.

enjoy your new toy.

Hi Sir

I currently own a Audio Technica LP-60 kaya medyo atat na rin ako palitan.

Yes, less than 8k ko sya makuha :clap:

As per DJRresource, Direct Drive po sya http://www.djresource.eu/Gearbase/gear/ ... i-XL-DD50/
Tinitigan ko mabuti yung laman ng box, cables po yung parang belt :D :)

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it a lot sa tulad ko na newbie :rock:
Last edited by roadworthyman on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roadworthyman

Postby TheAnalogSource » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 pm

well, the at lp-60 if im not mistaken has a function for you to rip the lp to a usb but that is about all of it. plus maybe the built-in phono preamp.

otherwise, you have most of the standard turntable functionality with this table - vtf, antiskate, pitch, cartridge alignment - for better playback.

heck if its a directdrive, get another one and you are even dj battle ready hehe
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby endrik35 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Saw this article regarding Gemini tuntable in general. . . Hope you put this into consideration. Happy listening! :)

"I learned on Gemini tables. Kind of difficult to learn on and not very forgiving if you don't have the world's most gentle touch. They are direct drive, but they lack Technics' floating platter design. Instead the platter is connected directly to the armature of the motor, so when you slow down to stop the platter from spinning, you are actually stopping the motor and will eventually burn it out. . ."
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby roadworthyman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am

Sir TheAnalogSource and Sir Endrik35

Many thanks talaga sa mga reply :D

Actually, medyo guilty pa ako kasi iniinsist nya na 1k lang ang ibayad ko sa kanya : :clap: lol:

Wala naman akong balak mag-DJ dito since more on playing / listening lang ako ng mga plaka :lol:
roadworthyman

Return to Analog