ARTICLE ON 10 VINYL STORES IN MANILA

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: ARTICLE ON 10 VINYL STORES IN MANILA

Postby recordmogul » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:03 pm

bb3 wrote:Just goes to show you cant take in everything on the net hook, line, and sinker.

Pero kulang lang siguro sa homework yung mga nagsulat ng article.
Probably some young ‘hipsters’ who discovered something new (to them) that we here have known all along for more years than we care to remember.

. . . teka, may reprint ba yung Anakbayan? :^)

sir, meron si jay niyan noon, ewan ko lang kung may stock pa siya. 180g reissue na german pressing. parang 'yung master yata nito eh nakuha pa sa'min nang kami pa ni bob ang mag-"on".
recordmogul
Master
Master

Postby Bebop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 pm

jamants wrote:I'm happy that grey market is here, but it's a shame that Bebop isn't here. Bebop has been around way before all of these record shops, cheers to Bob for championing the physyical record shop :rock:

Vinylhead records though new to the game like Grey and the others, have been a relevant record shop along with Tres Kuleros. I am not saying the others don't belong on the list but I feel madaming importante ang wala sa listahan.

tnx jay, na touched ako :D he he
ayos lang at dumadami naman nahihilig sa plakang minamahal :inlove:
kudos to all vinyl lovers!
Bebop
Master
Master

Postby bb3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 pm

recordmogul wrote:
bb3 wrote:Just goes to show you cant take in everything on the net hook, line, and sinker.

Pero kulang lang siguro sa homework yung mga nagsulat ng article.
Probably some young ‘hipsters’ who discovered something new (to them) that we here have known all along for more years than we care to remember.

. . . teka, may reprint ba yung Anakbayan? :^)

sir, meron si jay niyan noon, ewan ko lang kung may stock pa siya. 180g reissue na german pressing. parang 'yung master yata nito eh nakuha pa sa'min nang kami pa ni bob ang mag-"on".

Oo, meron nga nung European press. Kasabay nun yung JDLC at MCafra ata diba?
I was referring to the P500 reprint na sinabi sa article.
Reserve!! :D
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:21 am

Cheers to all the lighthearted rejoinders, bros.

Yan ang hobby.

Pang recharge after a grueling week in the workplace. :D :) 8)

Meanwhile, as Jon observes, more and more commercials are featuring the vinyl and the turntable.

Long live, WS!
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby detubo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 am

may mali nga sa article kung wala si Prof Bob. even i had to do my apprenticeship with the mastah! :geek:
detubo
Master
Master

Postby detubo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:03 am

bob baka you meant "ayos lang at dumadami naman nahihilig sa plakang PINAMAmahal :inlove: " :rofl:
detubo
Master
Master

Postby jamants » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

detubo wrote:bob baka you meant "ayos lang at dumadami naman nahihilig sa plakang PINAMAmahal :inlove: " :rofl:

:D :D :D

Bebop wrote:
jamants wrote:I'm happy that grey market is here, but it's a shame that Bebop isn't here. Bebop has been around way before all of these record shops, cheers to Bob for championing the physyical record shop :rock:

Vinylhead records though new to the game like Grey and the others, have been a relevant record shop along with Tres Kuleros. I am not saying the others don't belong on the list but I feel madaming importante ang wala sa listahan.

tnx jay, na touched ako :D he he
kudos to all vinyl lovers!

lab you bob :inlove:
jamants
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Malamang kaya di nasama si bebop, twing pupunta sa MCS yung author sarado bebop :P hehehe ... Ni di nga na discover yung koleksyon ni fafa boytoy ... Buti nalang :)

Sent from my Nokia 3200 using tapsilog
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:21 pm

yaan mo na yan bob...saka dika naman kasama talaga sa best eh.....nagiisa ka lang kasi sa bestest :*
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Bebop d' legend :)

Sent from my Nokia 3200 using tapsilog
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby dnk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Para sakin, di naman talaga kasama ang bebop sa 10 Best Places to Buy Vinyl Records in Manila kasi:

Hindi ko talaga makakalimutan noong mga unang punta ko palang kay bebop, may Regret extended na nakadisplay pero ayaw nya ibenta sakin. Gasgas daw kasi, pero agad nya kinuha. Di ko na nakita kung gasgas ba talaga. Baka siguro kasi I'm not worthy! hehe or talagang masama yung kondisyon ng plaka.

May tindahan ba namang ilalabas mula sa istante na hidden from public view yung pinakahahanap mong plaka, ipapakita sayo, ipapahawak sayo, ipapakinig sayo, tapos pag tanong mo kung magkano, ang sasabihin sayo, "not for sale". Tapos pag lashing na sya, ang sasabihin naman "sige pre, hiramin mo muna, pero isasauli mo a!" at saka ilista sa logbook. Ilang beses ko na narining kay bob ang mga katagang "hindi ko kailangan ng pera... hik!"

For all we know, baka ang target audience nung article e "not worthy" kay Bebop d' Great.

para sakin, ikaw pa din ang number one! ako din pa-kiss :*
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:22 am

well...i know how you take it lightly on other thing like when we are labeled jologs and be at the butt of jokes....but your passion for records and music in general should never be discounted by anyone...anyone....un lang...bopol lang nagsulat nun article na un
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby darkest_error » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:45 am

Nocturnal records shouldnt be on the list as sellers of lps. I know the store more than a decade already and what they're selling are shirts and cds/dvds of mostly metal artists. Yes they do have a small shelf that contains no more than 25 lps but the tinderas there would not sell those lps without the owner around. The spot on the list for nocturnal should have been for other legit sellers of vinyls. Nothing against nocturnal, coz if you want anything underground even if in digital then its a place to visit. But expecting to see there slayer's reign in blood or vio-lence's eternal nightmare in LP format? I dont think so. The writer even included a map, yes you will find the store but not the lps you expect. If nizzle dazzle is still alive today(also was in cartimar recto), i would believe more if they'll sell metal lps.
darkest_error
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bb3 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:51 am

One of the entries in this list of “best” stores is an on-line shop named Happy Dad;s Vinyl shop.
I clicked on the link to the shop’s site and saw the Doobie Brothers classified under easy listening.
I’m just wondering how a shop that cant even properly categorize its music can land in the Top 10.
Didnt the authors even check out the site to see this glaring mistake?
. . .Maybe they think that Michael Mcdonald is one of the Lettermen? ;)
. . . or maybe they think that Doobie is English for Tiongco. :)

If the authors of the article just did their homework, they could have just told their readers to sign in over here at WS or Pdvd and get loads more of choices from our individual sellers. At least our sellers grade the records and categorize them properly. . .
. . . hindi ilalagay ni boytoy si Perry Como sa Classic Rock :).
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jlooney » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:06 am

dnk wrote:Para sakin, di naman talaga kasama ang bebop sa 10 Best Places to Buy Vinyl Records in Manila kasi:

Hindi ko talaga makakalimutan noong mga unang punta ko palang kay bebop, may Regret extended na nakadisplay pero ayaw nya ibenta sakin. Gasgas daw kasi, pero agad nya kinuha. Di ko na nakita kung gasgas ba talaga. Baka siguro kasi I'm not worthy! hehe or talagang masama yung kondisyon ng plaka.

May tindahan ba namang ilalabas mula sa istante na hidden from public view yung pinakahahanap mong plaka, ipapakita sayo, ipapahawak sayo, ipapakinig sayo, tapos pag tanong mo kung magkano, ang sasabihin sayo, "not for sale". Tapos pag lashing na sya, ang sasabihin naman "sige pre, hiramin mo muna, pero isasauli mo a!" at saka ilista sa logbook. Ilang beses ko na narining kay bob ang mga katagang "hindi ko kailangan ng pera... hik!"

For all we know, baka ang target audience nung article e "not worthy" kay Bebop d' Great.

The best talaga!
jlooney
Citizen
Citizen

Postby radiohead » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 am

jlooney wrote:
dnk wrote:Para sakin, di naman talaga kasama ang bebop sa 10 Best Places to Buy Vinyl Records in Manila kasi:

The best talaga!

Pare andun ka ata sa store when the writer passed by. Akala tuloy bar/extension ng Aida's kaya di na sinama sa list!
radiohead
Citizen
Citizen

Postby theng » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:well...i know how you take it lightly on other thing like when we are labeled jologs and be at the butt of jokes....but your passion for records and music in general should never be discounted by anyone...anyone....un lang...bopol lang nagsulat nun article na un

Hahaha. So true! Bebop should be included in the list. But for me, he is in a category of his own. Mabuhay ka Idol Bebop!
theng
Citizen
Citizen

Postby choyb » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:49 am

Bebop...Rules!!!

Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Tapatalk
choyb
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:38 pm

kudos to all vinyl lovers![/quote]

Tend to agree with Bob here. From a big picture, all these mean more people getting into the hobby. From there the survival of the fittest (in terms of value for money and service) shall continue to be operative.

A couple of months back, there were no test pressings for mainstream OPM vinyl albums. Feedback coming from this community may have had an influencing factor on these being now a part of the process.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Rush2112 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:52 pm

BEBOP RECORDS ITO ANG NUMBER ONE. 8) 8)
Rush2112
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Analog