Inquirer article on Analog Leading Lights

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: Inquirer article on Analog Leading Lights

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:11 am

caavoom wrote:I really enjoyed the article(s). Great work there. Not to steer away from the topic, though, I'm wondering if there ever was a book about the history of hi-fi and vinyl records here in the Philippines. With the wealth of knowledge, expertise and OPM Records of some members here in Wiredstate, I think a definitve tome is long overdue.

Thanks, man. Appreciate it. This took three months (of after-office hours and weekends) to prepare because of the skeds of the SMEs and the challenge of organizing their colorful inputs into a cohesive story that both hobbyists and non-hobbyists would read. The story correspondingly grew with each passing month because as I was interviewing one SME, he or she would think of another SME I should interview as well. The original text consisted of 48,000 characters. I had to trim it to 20,000 and break it down to three parts for publication purposes. So I'm grateful to those who read and appreciate it. :-)

I don't think there is one.

I do remember suggesting one time that WS come up with an anthology of its best posts and threads.

I've also been writing here about Val someday compiling his Audiofile writings into a Best of Audiofile book.

Maybe the Philippine hi-fi history book is something our admins and mods can look at as a next project. The people who can make that a reality are already gathered in this forum - sound engineers, composers, musicians, graphics artists, record producers and other music lovers. They just need to sit down and resolve to do it.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 am

Happy to share that the Inquirer emailed yesterday to advise that the feature has generated positive response. At least one reader from the province who has several turntables went out of his way to track me down to ask questions. :D
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Errata:

Jay Amante and Raffy Santos were also founding members of the Nov Hi Fi Show based on a well-meaning input from an equally well-meaning insider.

The names of the founding members in my notes cited Tony boy De Leon, Robert Crespo, Boy Bustamante, Arnold Cruz and Joseph Esmilla.

A more accurate assertion, per the insider, is that Tony boy, Robert, Boy, Raffy and Jay put up the show together with valuable support from Joseph and Arnold.

My apologies to Jay and Raffy.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Added the names of Jay and Raffy in the remarks field.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/12826 ... he-country
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby jamants » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:Errata:

Jay Amante and Raffy Santos were also founding members of the Nov Hi Fi Show based on a well-meaning input from an equally well-meaning insider.

The names of the founding members in my notes cited Tony boy De Leon, Robert Crespo, Boy Bustamante, Arnold Cruz and Joseph Esmilla.

A more accurate assertion, per the insider, is that Tony boy, Robert, Boy, Raffy and Jay put up the show together with valuable support from Joseph and Arnold.

My apologies to Jay and Raffy.

hey no worries Von, think nothing of it. cheers my friend :)
jamants
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Analog