Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

Postby sumnerbrowne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:09 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:WS,

Good news!

Two options to choose from:

1. Wait until Aug 10 for vinyl launch in MOA to buy your copies from retailers.

2. Or get your copies from EMi at Php 950 each.

Please write your avatar names below and your orders only if you want to get your copies before Aug 10.

PRE-ORDER LIST

1. Sumnerbrowne. B MT ME

Will compile and forward. You can then go to EMI to pick up the records.

Thanks.

Please disregard this. Baka matabunan ng bagong posts. Will start a new thread on the pre-orders.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:This project has gotten bigger than my original intent which was to lobby for the vinyl release of Eheads, Cabangon, the Dawn, Bamboo, Rivermaya...hope you can help me request the WS board to liaise with EMI. As I told them, I'm just a newbie here. The leading lights of WS have been in this hobby for decades. I believe they can give better and more inputs than what I have provided so far.

Also the MOA launch might be a good venue for WS to spread its wings and get more members. EMI is asking for a volunteer exhibitor who can bring their audio set up to audition the vinyls in public. Hope you can help. Have written to Tonyboy and Jon already.

Thanks.

without Tonyboy's permission or knowledge, i'll take the liberty of suggesting that he is a perfect choice to keep the ball rolling, or the vinyl spinning. i think the best opportunity is to use the HiFi show as the platform for that all important meeting with EMI where the recording honchos can get a pretty good grasp of the market and meeting the "leading lights"

as for the volunteer exhibitor, TAS comes to mind since he has exhibited his set up in various occasions such as an art show and school program.

on a different note, i think you should get an award, Von --- for providing that spark in getting the vinyl faithful to take control of their fortunes.

k
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:47 am

kabubi wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:This project has gotten bigger than my original intent which was to lobby for the vinyl release of Eheads, Cabangon, the Dawn, Bamboo, Rivermaya...hope you can help me request the WS board to liaise with EMI. As I told them, I'm just a newbie here. The leading lights of WS have been in this hobby for decades. I believe they can give better and more inputs than what I have provided so far.

Also the MOA launch might be a good venue for WS to spread its wings and get more members. EMI is asking for a volunteer exhibitor who can bring their audio set up to audition the vinyls in public. Hope you can help. Have written to Tonyboy and Jon already.

Thanks.

without Tonyboy's permission or knowledge, i'll take the liberty of suggesting that he is a perfect choice to keep the ball rolling, or the vinyl spinning. i think the best opportunity is to use the HiFi show as the platform for that all important meeting with EMI where the recording honchos can get a pretty good grasp of the market and meeting the "leading lights"

as for the volunteer exhibitor, TAS comes to mind since he has exhibited his set up in various occasions such as an art show and school program.

on a different note, i think you should get an award, Von --- for providing that spark in getting the vinyl faithful to take control of their fortunes.

k

Thanks, Buboy. Wrote to Tonyboy already.EMI open to guesting at the Hi Fi Show.

TAS nga pala is into vinyl advocacy. Hope Noly is much better now. Na confine daw sya sa ospital..

Thank you for the kind words, Buboy. The reward is the music and the idea that I am paying forward the kindness extended to me by WS friends like you when I was starting out in this hobby.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Great news, Noly very open to the idea of exhibiting at MOA.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby zoo101 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 am

^ thank you sir for all your work in making this possible :clap: :clap: :clap:
zoo101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pandidoy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Got mine already :D

Thanks Summerbrowne :clap:
pandidoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:02 pm

pandidoy wrote:Got mine already :D

Ayuz! 8) Pandidoy, hope you can share your feedback. The Polyeast Team is awaiting inputs from WS.

Turns out there's more OPM bands being lined up in addition to the names I dropped yesterday. Also on the drawing board are...

PAROKYA NI EDGAR

KAMIKAZEE

I forgot the names of the others but I'm pretty sure they're practically contemporary rock bands.

Kundiman artists are also being slated for vinyl release.

Rivermaya at Eraserheads na lang talaga ang kulang, solved na. :-)
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby don » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

post naman feedback sa mga nakakuha na.
don
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CHRIP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am

pandidoy wrote:Got mine already :D

Sana nag pasabay na ako... Interesting yung line up ng songs... Best of Bamboo. :) :) :)
CHRIP
Citizen
Citizen

Postby manila » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:12 am

don wrote:post naman feedback sa mga nakakuha na.

Bamboo

Performance 8.5/10. Sonics 6/10 conservative rating.

Above expectation for an inaugural release. Thanks to wilb for getting me a copy!
manila
Citizen
Citizen

Postby glendaleang » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Ang tagal ko nawala sa WS haha pwede parin po ba mag order nito?
glendaleang

Postby onedown » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Superman wrote:
kabubi wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:Almost forgot, the Apo is also being lined up. I'd like to believe that for this one, they will be using the original analog tapes.

if the APO will again come up with vinyl albums, Please reserve ALL the albums 8) 8) 8)

i also sincerely believe that there will be an early bird discount for the first ones to reserve. i hear 50% off for the first one to make a reservation :lol:

Me too for APO :emo: :rock: :devil: :angel: :clap:

all apo albums? that would be at least a dozen albums, not including compilations.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

glendaleang wrote:Ang tagal ko nawala sa WS haha pwede parin po ba mag order nito?

The vinyls will be made available in most record stores after their launch ;)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby sumnerbrowne » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

glendaleang wrote:Ang tagal ko nawala sa WS haha pwede parin po ba mag order nito?

Pwede. Pero marami na sa Astro branches. Mas less hassle kesa pumunta sa Quezon Ave.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby dnk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:Pwede. Pero marami na sa Astro branches. Mas less hassle kesa pumunta sa Quezon Ave.

Not the astroplus at sm aura. Been there a few minutes ago and they were clueless about the 3 albums. Wala daw sila opm na plaka.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:51 pm

dnk wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:Pwede. Pero marami na sa Astro branches. Mas less hassle kesa pumunta sa Quezon Ave.

Not the astroplus at sm aura. Been there a few minutes ago and they were clueless about the 3 albums. Wala daw sila opm na plaka.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Dan,

When requested Lang. I think they based this on the feedback they read here. Anyway, Lapit na August 10 :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby CHRIP » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:14 am

Very impressive ang Bamboo The Singles! Dynamics is good. Rinig ang kalansing ng cymbals at malinis boses ni Bamboo... Sana lang ginawang double album para mas enjoy. Got a copy from Odyssey. :) :) :)
CHRIP
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kapitan88 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 am

went yesterday in astro rob's place, sold out din ang bamboo. :( looks like this project is a success. congrats summer at sa polyeast for taking this risk. :)
kapitan88

Postby vinylforever » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 am

Sa mga magpoproduce ng vinyl albums, you would do better with greatest hits compilations. Like for me who's is not a big Gary V fan, I might not get a Moving Thoughts reissue, but a greatest hits Gary V. would definitely be on my list. Same with Regine... Greatest hits ng True Faith, Sugarfree, Itchy Worms, Rivermaya, reissue ng POT, and first 3 albums ng E-heads please.
vinylforever

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:57 pm

CHRIP wrote:Very impressive ang Bamboo The Singles! Dynamics is good. Rinig ang kalansing ng cymbals at malinis boses ni Bamboo... Sana lang ginawang double album para mas enjoy. Got a copy from Odyssey. :) :) :)

Malay daw natin baka magkaron ng volume 2 pag na sold out yung Bamboo. 500 copies lahat yun.

Checked the CD compilation Bamboo The Platinum Collection, there are 8 other hits which are not in the Singles album. These are:

Umagang Kay Ganda
Muli
So far away
As the Music plays
F.U.
Much has been said
Truth
War of hearts and minds

Throw in a live version of Noypi and Hallelujah and you have another full-length album... :D What do you think Polyeast?
Last edited by sumnerbrowne on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Analog