Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 am

Hi WS,

Polyeast wrote me today to pass the word to you about the upcoming release of newly pressed albums by Bamboo and Martin Nievera. They are asking for our support to show their management that the vinyl market for OPM does exist.

Hope you can support. I intend to get 2 copies of Bamboo. Will see which of the two albums by Martin Nievera are worth getting.

Any pledges I can document here? Maybe I can ask them to consign copies to our sellers like Bebop, Grey Market and Vinylhead?

Thanks.
Last edited by sumnerbrowne on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Re: Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 am

The albums were pressed in Europe.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby forseti » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 am

Willing to get Bamboo album.

Any price indication already?
forseti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bb3 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 am

Bamboo yes, but I wonder why Martin?
For me, he just doesn't seem to fit the target analogue market.
The record label has The Dawn, Hale, Eddie K., Zia Quizon, heck, even RicoJ might even lure a larger analogue market.
It seems that the boys in EMI-Poly didn't do their homework again. And if the records don't sell to their expectations, these same boys will be quick to judge that there's no analogue market here.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Let's see how this pans out.

I will get both albums though to support this endeavor.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:46 am

I'll get Bamboo . .

As for Martin, I have his albums in vinyl and they surprisingly sound pretty good for a local press and a VG+ record. Baka maganda pagka-master nung albums niya dati so they're starting with these.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby don » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 am

when,where, how much kaya?
don
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:55 am

forseti wrote:Willing to get Bamboo album.

Any price indication already?

Thanks Forseti.will let you know ASAP.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:59 am

bb3 wrote:Bamboo yes, but I wonder why Martin?
The record label has The Dawn, Hale, Eddie K., Zia Quizon, heck, even RicoJ might even lure a larger analogue market.
It seems that the boys in EMI-Poly didn't do their homework again. And if the records don't sell to their expectations, these same boys will be quick to judge that there's no analogue market here.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Thanks Boy. Good points there. That 's why I told them to reach out to the legends and masters here or at the very least to check out the Nov HiFi show to have an on the ground understanding. Will pass your inputs on the artists.
Last edited by sumnerbrowne on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:00 am

muypogi wrote:I'll get Bamboo . .

As for Martin, I have his albums in vinyl and they surprisingly sound pretty good for a local press and a VG+ record. Baka maganda pagka-master nung albums niya dati so they're starting with these.

Thanks Muypogi.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:02 am

don wrote:when,where, how much kaya?

Don the albums arrived yesterday and are meant to be distributed next wk. will post the prices as soon as they forward the info.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:08 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:

I hope I'm wrong though.

Here's hoping these albums sell well. Actually, the words they used in the email were: if these don't sell, we're (referring to themselves) dead to our bosses. I will suggest that they reach out soonest or maybe organize a focus group session with WS legends and masters.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby otogi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:Don the albums arrived yesterday and are meant to be distributed next wk. will post the prices as soon as they forward the info.

Wow. Where to get/Or How to reserve a copy? Please reserve me a copy :) . How limited/many they pressed?
otogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 am

Sign me up for all of them.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:15 am

otogi wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:Don the albums arrived yesterday and are meant to be distributed next wk. will post the prices as soon as they forward the info.

Wow. Where to get/Or How to reserve a copy? Please reserve me a copy :) . How limited/many they pressed?

Thanks Otogi. Will pass the info ASAP.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:17 am

Here are the titles:

Bamboo The Singles

Martin Nievera Best of English Covers

Martin Nievera Best of Tagalog Songs

Kelan kaya Eraserheads The Singles?

Or Noel Cabangon Byahe?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 am

JackD201 wrote:Sign me up for all of them.

Thanks Jack.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 am

I hope I'm wrong though.

Boy thanks again. Sent them your inputs on the artists. Also suggested an FGD with the WS masters and legends. What do you think is the best way, coffee and pastries at EMi or beer sessions with WS residents?

To disturb my original targets for vinyl pressing also passed the word to the camps of Eraserheads and Noel Cabangon. Hope they listen.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby MoJAZZ » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:49 am

I agree with Boy if I may butt in. The effort and also the realization that vinyl has a market in the Philippines is a very good sign. There are a lot of filipino artists whose music are worthy of being pressed in vinyl. Also a lot of old records are worthy of being remastered. Ryan Cayabyab's One album would be something I'd like to see including his Classics series.

Arthur Manuntag I heard will be coming up with a vinyl album...I just hope that the mastering will be world class and the back-up musicians will be play as powerful as his voice. Good if Mel Villenas' AMP Big Band plays back-up for him. I had high hopes for the KZ Tandingan album but was disappointed with the arrangement, the back-up musicians and the quality of the recording. I hope someone would produce an album where she sings standards in a big band or a nonet setting. Her voice seems cut-out for that...

Maybe what they can do is give WS a list of analog tapes of local artists which they have preserved and do an initial survey amongst our members on which albums we'd like to see on the market and then do a larger survey to confirm the filtered list? Just a thought...
MoJAZZ
Citizen
Citizen

Postby iceman90a » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 am

I'll get a copy of the Bamboo lp
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby detubo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 am

I am getting the albums even if I have one caveat. I am sure the album was made using a digital masters. Most likely DAT copies ;( . But I'll get them anyway to show support.

Please tell them if they need help to do it right to contact me or jamants.

We just got approval yesterday from Gary V's people to reissue his Moving Thoughts LP. Our precondition was to use only the original 2" analog tapes which were fortunately still intact. Gary's people totally agreed on this. We are fortunate that his people who were the original engineers and producers are also passionate about the quality of the reissue. While waiting for Universal Records approval we already ask if we can post process/clean the tapes professionally in the US. Then it's shipped back to us for Gary's team to master it to the sound it's meant to be. Then we ship about 5 copies of the newly mastered magnetic tapes to Kevin Grey to cutting into the stampers. Of course he will ship us multiple test pressings for Gary's approval. Then it goes to chad kasem QRP for production.

I am only mentioning this just to show how tedious the process is to do it right. I hope the record companies consider doing it this way so we don't end up with a Adele 21 LP or a Beatle's box set.

I am worried if future reissues of pinoy opm don't live up to the standards even to that of the original pressing then it could just end up to be a fad. Dapat pakingan nila and SONA ni pnoy. Hindi puwede ang "puwede na"
Last edited by detubo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
detubo
Master
Master

Next

Return to Analog