Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

Postby lord_dracula » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Finally got Bamboo The Singles (yesterday at Astrovision Trinoma - they still have 4 copies when I left). I think the Bamboo LP sounded better compared to the Nievera LPs.

I do agree that plastic sleeves should be used. The paper sleeve clings to the record, and even carefully removing the LP from the sleeve won't save it from a clingy paper sleeve. :(
lord_dracula

Postby thebat2012 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Next vinyls will have significant increase in pricing. I replaced the ordinary white sleeves with a white sleeves with Poly Lined Offwhite Innerbags. This is the best there is and will eliminate the "light scratch" issue. Plus planning on making it 180g press.

Mas ok ba sa inyo yung 180g or okay na kayo sa 150g (140-160g)?
thebat2012

Postby Jon Agner » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:47 pm

thebat2012 wrote:Next vinyls will have significant increase in pricing. I replaced the ordinary white sleeves with a white sleeves with Poly Lined Offwhite Innerbags. This is the best there is and will eliminate the "light scratch" issue. Plus planning on making it 180g press.

richard,

for me, I'm fine with 180 gm. Just be sure that the master is properly cut for a wider dynamic range. There are 180 gm vinyls that sounded terrible when compared to the 150/160 gm counterpart, and sometimes its because of the metal master.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby bb3 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:
thebat2012 wrote:Hi all! Thank you so much for supporting my project. The feedback is overwhelming! I received a lot of comments and suggestions left and right good and bad, but ultimately I'm so happy with all your responses and to those who purchased early. thanks so much kay Von for kicking my butt and jump starting this project. Halos ubos na 500pcs pinagawa ko!

Currently busy with the next batch of release. hinahalungkat ko lahat ng master sources to get the best quality source. buti na lang ako din gumawa ng mga 1/4in tape master ng octoarts dati so I know my sources.

I will post the titles here soon (or I will make a thread na lang).

And btw, we are no longer called EMI. Nag split na kme. We are Polyeast Records and we also own the whole Octoarts Records and Galaxy Records. Sister company namin Universal Records. Malamang sa akin din ipapa handle yung vinyl releases ng UR.

Again, thanks so much and keep on supporting OPM vinyls.

thebat aka Richard Calderon.

Sa wakas, andito ka na, Richard! Welcome aboard. :-) Hope you get to talk extensively with the legends and masters here led by Detubo, JackD201, Jon Agner, Kabubi, Hypertriode, BB3, TAS, Bebop, and many more on your next steps for OPM on vinyl. Congrats on your project again and thank you for taking us seriously.

:D Cheers!

Mabuhay ang OPM!

Von / Richard,

It’s been decades since the Philippine team last won over Korea in basketball.
Recently, in spite of all the obstacles, we won it purely with heart.
It’s been decades since the last release of a local vinyl. We have long been waiting for this day.
Recently, in spite of all the obstacles, you guys have helped make this day possible – also with heart.

Salamat

@thebat, I think I'll have to be working on that batmobile table soon! ;)
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:31 am

bb3 wrote:
sumnerbrowne wrote:
thebat2012 wrote:Hi all! Thank you so much for supporting my project. The feedback is overwhelming! I received a lot of comments and suggestions left and right good and bad, but ultimately I'm so happy with all your responses and to those who purchased early. thanks so much kay Von for kicking my butt and jump starting this project. Halos ubos na 500pcs pinagawa ko!

Currently busy with the next batch of release. hinahalungkat ko lahat ng master sources to get the best quality source. buti na lang ako din gumawa ng mga 1/4in tape master ng octoarts dati so I know my sources.

I will post the titles here soon (or I will make a thread na lang).

And btw, we are no longer called EMI. Nag split na kme. We are Polyeast Records and we also own the whole Octoarts Records and Galaxy Records. Sister company namin Universal Records. Malamang sa akin din ipapa handle yung vinyl releases ng UR.

Again, thanks so much and keep on supporting OPM vinyls.

thebat aka Richard Calderon.

Sa wakas, andito ka na, Richard! Welcome aboard. :-) Hope you get to talk extensively with the legends and masters here led by Detubo, JackD201, Jon Agner, Kabubi, Hypertriode, BB3, TAS, Bebop, and many more on your next steps for OPM on vinyl. Congrats on your project again and thank you for taking us seriously.

:D Cheers!

Mabuhay ang OPM!

Von / Richard,

It’s been decades since the Philippine team last won over Korea in basketball.
Recently, in spite of all the obstacles, we won it purely with heart.
It’s been decades since the last release of a local vinyl. We have long been waiting for this day.
Recently, in spite of all the obstacles, you guys have helped make this day possible – also with heart.

Salamat

@thebat, I think I'll have to be working on that batmobile table soon! ;)

Thank you, Boy. I draw strength from the kind words and gestures of support that come my way from my fellow analog pilgrims. The psychic boost of actually holding, spinning and listening to a new OPM vinyl also helps. :D
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby alphaomega » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Finally, I was able to get a copy of Bamboo's album and one of the Martin albums as well. Cannot wait to get home! It has been a long time since I last bought a sealed OPM album! Thanks!!!
alphaomega
Citizen
Citizen

Postby randybarba » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Just got the bamboo lp from astrovision in edsa shangri la. Very happy with the sound :) . More power to polyeast.
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zoo101 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

thebat2012 wrote:Next vinyls will have significant increase in pricing.

why? ;( ;( ;(
zoo101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 pm

thebat2012 wrote:Next vinyls will have significant increase in pricing. I replaced the ordinary white sleeves with a white sleeves with Poly Lined Offwhite Innerbags. This is the best there is and will eliminate the "light scratch" issue. Plus planning on making it 180g press.

I would agree that proper post-prod and mastering should come first vs doing 180gm vinyl. . . there are some "thin" album presses that have very nice sound, so it doesn't mean 180g = good sound.

if our purpose is for vinyl to be again be a viable medium, I'd be for keeping the costs and purchase price as low as possible without sacrificing quality. I'd go for:

1) Properly mastered source material
2) 150gm
3) plastic (kahit yung ordinary) liners, to replace the too-tight paper liner
4) song list on the vinyl itself, para madali mag-cue ng kanta

At P950 per LP, the newly-pressed OPMs are reasonably priced, given the very low volume run and the quality of the cover and vinyl. Hope it stays within that vicinity. . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby thebat2012 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 am

1) Properly mastered source materiald - check!
2) 150gm- check!
3) plastic (kahit yung ordinary) liners, to replace the too-tight paper liner- check!
4) song list on the vinyl itself, para madali mag-cue ng kanta- check!
Ayos na to lahat!
thebat2012

Postby sumnerbrowne » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:03 am

thebat2012 wrote:1) Properly mastered source materiald - check!
2) 150gm- check!
3) plastic (kahit yung ordinary) liners, to replace the too-tight paper liner- check!
4) song list on the vinyl itself, para madali mag-cue ng kanta- check!
Ayos na to lahat!

Ayuz! Thanks, Richard. Since hindi na 180g vinyl do I take it to mean that there will be no more significant price increase which you mentioned earlier. Check din ba?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby 99khan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:26 pm

MoJAZZ wrote:
"Arthur Manuntag I heard will be coming up with a vinyl album...I just hope that the mastering will be world class and the back-up musicians will be play as powerful as his voice. Good if Mel Villenas' AMP Big Band plays back-up for him. I had high hopes for the KZ Tandingan album but was disappointed with the arrangement, the back-up musicians and the quality of the recording. I hope someone would produce an album where she sings standards in a big band or a nonet setting. Her voice seems cut-out for that..."

Here it is folks! I was talking to Arthur last night and he gave me a preview of the recorded tracks via phone. I hope to see him soon to listen to the LP test press which is now in his possession. Arthur happens to be the cousin of my eldest brother's wife. The 11-track LP (I was told the cd counterpart will have 16 songs but would need to confirm that) was recorded locally and the album will be pressed in the U.S. Once I get all the technical details, e.g. mixing, mastering, etc..., I will pass them on to you.

Arthur is backed up by various trios but led all by pianist Romy Posadas. Recording will be released by MCA. I gather the LP will sell for over P1K (P1,200?). Scheduled for release in November, he will hand me copies to make available to WS members. It will be priced like the outlets (Odyssey, Astro...) but I will lobby that they will all be autographed and/or personalized for you IF you wish. This shouldn't be a problem.

No need to take reservations at this time. We'll do this once it's out...hopefully sooner than November.

Any interest, any one?

Salamat.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 pm

99khan wrote:
MoJAZZ wrote:
"Arthur Manuntag I heard will be coming up with a vinyl album...I just hope that the mastering will be world class and the back-up musicians will be play as powerful as his voice. Good if Mel Villenas' AMP Big Band plays back-up for him. I had high hopes for the KZ Tandingan album but was disappointed with the arrangement, the back-up musicians and the quality of the recording. I hope someone would produce an album where she sings standards in a big band or a nonet setting. Her voice seems cut-out for that..."

Here it is folks! I was talking to Arthur last night and he gave me a preview of the recorded tracks via phone. I hope to see him soon to listen to the LP test press which is now in his possession. Arthur happens to be the cousin of my eldest brother's wife. The 11-track LP (I was told the cd counterpart will have 16 songs but would need to confirm that) was recorded locally and the album will be pressed in the U.S. Once I get all the technical details, e.g. mixing, mastering, etc..., I will pass them on to you.

Arthur is backed up by various trios but led all by pianist Romy Posadas. Recording will be released by MCA. I gather the LP will sell for over P1K (P1,200?). Scheduled for release in November, he will hand me copies to make available to WS members. It will be priced like the outlets (Odyssey, Astro...) but I will lobby that they will all be autographed and/or personalized for you IF you wish. This shouldn't be a problem.

No need to take reservations at this time. We'll do this once it's out...hopefully sooner than November.

Any interest, any one?

Salamat.

Read about how he stole the thunder from a foreign act via Philstar. Sign me up please for one copy. Thanks. Suggest a separate thread though for easier tracking?
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby 99khan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks Von. Heads up lang 'to. When all systems go, I will create a new thread. Hopefully, we will get a good response.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ambel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:15 am

This will be a good one Art Manuntag and Romy Posadas. I hope that the mastering job was done properly.
Hey there is a CD by Judith Banal that was mastered by Doug Sax. If she can do it why not them.
ambel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 pm

99khan wrote:
MoJAZZ wrote:

Any interest, any one?

Salamat.

Count me in on this :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby 99khan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks y'all. Will keep you posted.

Anyway, check out the album cover...it says "Love Is A Many Spledored Thing". SPLEDORED?!? Good thing this is not the final cover...or is it? Ha! Ha! Ha!
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby otogi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm

99khan wrote:Image

Any interest, any one?

Salamat.

Wow. 8) I want a signed copy :-)
otogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby 99khan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm

otogi wrote:
Wow. 8) I want a signed copy :-)

Sure Ed, ikaw pa!!!
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby brubeck » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 am

please add me up for a signed copy sir :D thanks :)
brubeck
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Analog