Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: Newly pressed vinyl albums of Bamboo and Martin Nievera

Postby sumnerbrowne » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:
99khan wrote:
MoJAZZ wrote:
"Arthur Manuntag I heard will be coming up with a vinyl album...I just hope that the mastering will be world class and the back-up musicians will be play as powerful as his voice. Good if Mel Villenas' AMP Big Band plays back-up for him. I had high hopes for the KZ Tandingan album but was disappointed with the arrangement, the back-up musicians and the quality of the recording. I hope someone would produce an album where she sings standards in a big band or a nonet setting. Her voice seems cut-out for that..."

Here it is folks! I was talking to Arthur last night and he gave me a preview of the recorded tracks via phone. I hope to see him soon to listen to the LP test press which is now in his possession. Arthur happens to be the cousin of my eldest brother's wife. The 11-track LP (I was told the cd counterpart will have 16 songs but would need to confirm that) was recorded locally and the album will be pressed in the U.S. Once I get all the technical details, e.g. mixing, mastering, etc..., I will pass them on to you.

Arthur is backed up by various trios but led all by pianist Romy Posadas. Recording will be released by MCA. I gather the LP will sell for over P1K (P1,200?). Scheduled for release in November, he will hand me copies to make available to WS members. It will be priced like the outlets (Odyssey, Astro...) but I will lobby that they will all be autographed and/or personalized for you IF you wish. This shouldn't be a problem.

No need to take reservations at this time. We'll do this once it's out...hopefully sooner than November.

Any interest, any one?

Salamat.

Read about how he stole the thunder from a foreign act via Philstar. Sign me up please for one copy. Thanks. Suggest a separate thread though for easier tracking?

This project needs our support.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby dnk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 am

Mr. Manuntag has my support. Signed copy please.
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zoo101 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:02 am

i have not heard Mr. Manuntag but this effort has my support. 1 signed copy for me as well. sana ma correct yung typo sa album cover :rofl:
zoo101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby 99khan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 pm

zoo101 wrote:i have not heard Mr. Manuntag but this effort has my support. 1 signed copy for me as well. sana ma correct yung typo sa album cover :rofl:

Yes, it will be. Sample lang daw yan. :$
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby 99khan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:51 pm

I just received word from Arthur that his new recording to be released on vinyl will not make it out this year. More like February next year. He is aware that many of you are awaiting to pick up a copy. So sorry. Your signed copy would have to wait just a few more months. I was hoping we can distribute the copies @ the hi-fi show.

For those interested, his holiday album "My Kind of Christmas is You" released in 2011 is being repackaged for re-release on cd.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Limited copies of Art Manuntag's TIMELESS LP available!

Postby 99khan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:19 am

Very limited copies of our very own Art Manuntag's LP "Timeless" released last year is being made available. I was told that this album never made it commercially in music outlets (Astrovision, etc...) and likely never will. Let me know if you want a copy. Pressed in the U.S. I will pick up the albums from Art personally and will be signed if you wish. Send me a PM for more info/particulars.

Tracks:
Side 1: Love is a Many Splendored Thing / The Way You Look Tonight / It's Magic / Love Story / Two For the Road / No Other Love
Side 2: Cheek to Cheek / Come Fly with Me / Time After Time / Loss of Love / Yesterday I Hear the Rain / Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Here's a post from Ed Cruz's OPM blog, a.k.a OTOGI here in WS.
http://opmlp.blogspot.com/2015/08/arthur-manuntag.html
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Limited copies of Art Manuntag's TIMELESS LP available!

Postby sumnerbrowne » Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm

99khan wrote:Image

Very limited copies of our very own Art Manuntag's LP "Timeless" released last year is being made available. I was told that this album never made it commercially in music outlets (Astrovision, etc...) and likely never will. Let me know if you want a copy. Pressed in the U.S. I will pick up the albums from Art personally and will be signed if you wish. Send me a PM for more info/particulars.

Tracks:
Side 1: Love is a Many Splendored Thing / The Way You Look Tonight / It's Magic / Love Story / Two For the Road / No Other Love
Side 2: Cheek to Cheek / Come Fly with Me / Time After Time / Loss of Love / Yesterday I Hear the Rain / Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Here's a post from Ed Cruz's OPM blog, a.k.a OTOGI here in WS.
http://opmlp.blogspot.com/2015/08/arthur-manuntag.html

1 copy please, Nick. Thanks.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Previous

Return to Analog