Works Twelvehundred (Works1200)

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Re: Works Twelvehundred (Works1200)

Postby jundai15 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Nicadraus wrote:
jundai15 wrote:Risen from the dead, just amazing how you do it, Angelo your the man for the 1200's :)

Thank you sir. :)

Just curious, how did you remove the cat's hair from the deck, canned air?
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 am

jundai15 wrote:
Nicadraus wrote:
jundai15 wrote:Risen from the dead, just amazing how you do it, Angelo your the man for the 1200's :)

Thank you sir. :)

Just curious, how did you remove the cat's hair from the deck, canned air?

Paint brush. Almost all the parts were washed with liquid soap. All electronics, PCBs and motor spindles are sprayed with deoxit and brushed them carefully.
Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:36 am

Now available (for Works1200 refurbishements only). Decals not sold separately.

Original Technics 1200 labels

Laser printed water-slide decals and sealed with clear top coat to protect them from peeling off. Also the top coat hides the seam lines which are almost invisible.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Very nice! Great job!
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:36 pm

JoeyGS wrote:Very nice! Great job!

Thanks! :)
Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 pm

White Mark 2

Main diecast frame finished in flat white with original Technics logo and labels. Tonearm section, tonearm mount and rubber base, pitch knob and pop-up lamp guide are finished in flat black. All used with automotive polyurethane paints. All Lights are fitted with super bright white LEDs. RCA cables replaced with internal ground. Black aluminum pitch decal applied, Pitch control caalibrated and lubed with Deoxit (Fader). Tonearm calibrated to factory setting. Tonearm pivot bearings lubrictaed as well as the motor spindle. All PCBs cleaned. Platter refaced and repainted. Start/Stop, 33/45 buttons have been replaced due to very bad condition.

Before and after pics below:

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Resurrected 1200 MK2 (labelled)

Here's the 4th pair we finished for Frankie Cortez.

One unit was a 1200 MK2 while the other was a 1210 MK2. Restored back to original silver MK2 with original Technics logo and labels. Main diecast frames and tonearm sections are repainted to original MK2 silver. Rubber base to flat black. Platters scraped, ref-faced and repainted. All used with automotive polyurethane paints. Strobes are fitted with Super bright red LEDs. 33/45 fitted with 5mm red LEDs for better illumination (stock was 3mm). Pop-up lamps converted to super bright white LEDs. Pitch indicator fitted with super bright green LEDs and defused. High grade RCA cables and connectors installed with internal ground. Tonearms calibrated to factory setting. Pitch controls calibrated and applied with Deoxit (Fader). One deck was missing some parts such were: pitch control assembly (pitch control, pitch PCB and pitch knob), tonearm clip, and tonearm counter weight. So all these parts were provided to complete the deck. New silver aluminum pitch decals applied.

See before and after pics below.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zyborg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:13 pm

sir-saan-po-ang-shop-nyo-gusto-ku-ipa-ayos-ung-dalwa-mk2silver-ko-at-change-color-to-black(1210)-tnx
zyborg

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:04 am

Bling Bling 1200s (chromed including tonearm sections)

One unit is a 1200 MK5 while the other is 1200 MK3. Main diecast frames and tonearm sections are mirror chrome finish. Rubber base and tonearm mounts are finished in flat black. Platters scraped, ref-faced and repainted. Strobes, 33/45, pop-up lamps and pitch indicators are also fitted with super bright blue LEDs. High grade RCA cables and connectors installed with internal ground. Tonearms calibrated to factory setting. Pitch controls calibrated and applied with Deoxit (Fader). New silver aluminum pitch decals applied.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am

Owen's MK Too

​Main diecast frames and tonearm sections are finished in original 1200 MK2 silver complete with labels. All lights are fitted with super bright white LEDs (strobe, 33/45, pop-up lamp, pitch indicator). New RCA cables and connectors with internal ground. Tonearms calibrated and pivot bearings lubricated. Pitch control calibrated with Deoxit lubrication. Platters re-faced and repainted. Rubber base repainted as well as tonearm mount to flat black. New silver aluminum pitch decals applied.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jundai15 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Great job inside and out, and happy birthday angelo, and just to pose a question, what's the use or purpose of the sub auxilliary weight that is located at the back of the counter weight in the tonearm, my headshell is also original technics and m447 cartridge, I have one and thinking of using the sub weight as well, but is their any good purpose to use it? I use my turntable for listening only and not for Djing, Hope you can share your knowledge, thanks
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 pm

jundai15 wrote:Great job inside and out, and happy birthday angelo, and just to pose a question, what's the use or purpose of the sub auxilliary weight that is located at the back of the counter weight in the tonearm, my headshell is also original technics and m447 cartridge, I have one and thinking of using the sub weight as well, but is their any good purpose to use it? I use my turntable for listening only and not for Djing, Hope you can share your knowledge, thanks

Is your headshell the one with a counterweight on top? The additional sub auxilliary weight is designed to be used with the newer Technics headshell with counterweight on top. Especially when using the extra 4 grams.
Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jundai15 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Nicadraus wrote:
jundai15 wrote:Great job inside and out, and happy birthday angelo, and just to pose a question, what's the use or purpose of the sub auxilliary weight that is located at the back of the counter weight in the tonearm, my headshell is also original technics and m447 cartridge, I have one and thinking of using the sub weight as well, but is their any good purpose to use it? I use my turntable for listening only and not for Djing, Hope you can share your knowledge, thanks

Is your headshell the one with a counterweight on top? The additional sub auxilliary weight is designed to be used with the newer Technics headshell with counterweight on top. Especially when using the extra 4 grams.

No sir, my headshell is a technics one , the black one that has no counterweight.
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:39 pm

jundai15 wrote:
Nicadraus wrote:

No sir, my headshell is a technics one , the black one that has no counterweight.

You can use the counterweight plate that comes with the shure cartridge that you place between the headshell & cartridge. Then use the auxiliary weight.
Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jundai15 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Got it sir angelo, I know the plate that you're talikng about, thanks for the advice :)
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Gary's M5G

These decks have gone through a full maintenance service and some modification work.
Everything cleaned thoroughly. Main frame, internals, PCBs, switches, tonearm assembly, platters, rubber base, legs, etc. Pitch controls cleaned and lubricated with Deoxit. Tonearms calibrated and lubricated pivot bearings. Ground wire eliminated and internally grounded. Retained original RCA cables since they are still in excellent condition. Motor spindle cleaned and lubricated. Stock strobe LEDS are replaced with bright red. 33 LED to super bright blue and 45 to super bright red. Stock pop-up lamp replaced to super bright blue with front firing position and pitch indicator replaced to super bright white. All buttons (start/stop, 33/45, reset, pitch range) and pitch knobs coats have started to peel. So everything mentioned were repainted to original M5G stock color. Hand paint traced the markings to black and top coated the buttons and knobs to clear flat paint. Under platter halo installed with power supply. Pitch plate polished as well as the dust covers.

See before and after pics below.

Before:

After:

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Bacolod Bound - SL-1200 W12 (Works1200 edition)
Top main diecast frame is finished in flat white polyurethane paint with flat based clear coat. Labels are also applied. Tonearm sections are finished in glossy jet black. Pitch knob, pop-up lamp guard and rubber base are finished in flat black. Platter was scraped, repainted and 3-step refaced. Strobe, 33/45 and pitch indicator LEDs have been replaced with super bright blue. While the pop-up lamp has been converted from ordinary bulb to super bright white LED. Tonearm calibrated with pivot bearings lubrication. Pitch control calibrated and lubricated with Deoxit. New aluminum pitch decal for MK6 (black with gold markings) applied. New high grade RCA cable and connectors installed with internal grounding.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:06 pm

SL-1200 - Reborn

Fully refurbished and restored back to original SL-1200 MK2 complete with labels.
Main diecast frame and tonearm sections are finished in original silver. Platter scraped, repainted and 3-step re-faced. All LEDs have been replaced. Strobe, 33/45 are replaced with bright red LEDs. Pop-up lamp converted to super bright white LED. Pitch indicator installed with bright green LED. Installed new aluminum pitch decal ornament (silver). New pitch control knob, Replaced pitch control with a new one as well. RCA cables and connectors replaced with high grade one and internally grounded. 33/45 tach switches have also been replaced because the one ones are stuck already due to dirt & corrosion.

See before & after pictures below.

Before:

New parts:

After:

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:05 am

Hager's 1200 Elegance

Newly refurbished pair for my good friend, Peter Hager.

Main diecast frame and tonearm sections finished in flat black. Topped with flat clear coat. Strobe, 33/45 & pitch indicators are fitted with super bright blue LEDs and pop-up lamp converted to super bright white LED. Platter re-faced (3-step), rubber base repainted. Tonearm calibrated to factory setting and pivot bearings lubricated as well as motor spindle. Pitch control calibrated and lubricated with Deoxit. New RCA cables and connectors installed with internal ground. Applied new aluminum pitch decal, black with gold markings, dust covers buffed and PCBs cleaned.

Before and after pics below:

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Chromium 1200

The 7th chrome project I did.

Main diecast frame plate and tonearm sections are done chrome plated mirror finish. Strobe, 33/45 & pitch indicator are fitted with super bright blue LEDs while pop-up lamp converted and fitted with super bright white. New RCA cables and connectors installed. Calibrated tonearm and lubricated pivot bearings. Calibrated pitch control with DeOxit lubrication. Rubber base and toneame mount plate are repainted to flat black. Platter re-faced and repainted. Installed new aluminum black pitch decal with gold markings (MK6 version). All circuit boards cleaned as well as switch assembly.

Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Analog