can't help it...

For Vinyl and Record lovers: turntables, cartridges, etc.

Moderator: dante

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:29 am

vintage_dog wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:congratulations! she's got good taste! 8)

Since I listen more to my New Wave stuff, does that mean, I don't have taste :?: :x :( :cry: ............... :lol:

remember, she got you! :D

but seriously, "taste" is subjective...so your preference is just as good as anyone else's
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stereophile » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:10 am

Congratulations on your new/vintage Technics ttable MSM! :)

After all is said and done about owning 'audiophile' ttables, there will always be room for a Technics ttable... :D Happy listening! :D :D :D
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Postby m_shoe_maker » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:15 pm

stereophile wrote:Congratulations on your new/vintage Technics ttable MSM! :)

Thanks stereophile :!: :) I guess you are also a Technics lover :?: Isn't that a picture of the famous SL1200 under your name :?: :)

stereophile wrote:After all is said and done about owning 'audiophile' ttables, there will always be room for a Technics ttable... :D Happy listening! :D :D :D

Yup, Technics direct drives were the first tables I bought with my hard earned allowance (I would not eat lunch just to save the money to get the tables when I was in high school :D ).

My New Wave LPs are more at home with the Technics. :)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby stereophile » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:58 am

Yes, that is a 1200 under my name. :)

Yes, I still use a beat up :( , but still cranking Technics 1200 MK2. :D It is hard to put a good turntable down. :D :D :D

I use a Shure M44-7 cart on this baby. It still does the yoeman job of screening LPs for use on my othe 'table and is what I also use for not so serious/critical listening. It's especially cool to listen to in the morning while sipping coffee and reading the newspapers. It's in the living room, hooked up to a lo-fi circa early '80s Sony mini-components (w/ phono input). The CD player broke down many years ago. Though it has a built in tape player, my only source now for this rig is analog.

I always relish the reactions of guests when they see/hear the set-up: "You still have LPs?" :? & "You still have a turntable?" :? I play an LP, which is followed by: "Wow! I can't believe how good this sounds" :shock: :? or for those born in the LP era "I didn't realize what I've missed..." :cry: which is then followed by " Hmmm..., I wonder where are my old LPs/ttable...?" :idea: :roll: :?: Priceless... :lol2:

I agree, New Wave LPs don't sound as good on an 'audiophile' ttable as on a Technics with a Shure cart! :D :D :D Happy listening, bro! :D :D :D
stereophile
vinyl junkie

Previous

Return to Analog