Tono Pre-Amp support

fine audio instruments for those who love music. hi-end sound, export-quality, proudly philippine made.

Moderator: TonoMan

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 pm

threadlock,

where did you source that violin? has it been modified? is it pre-owned? you can bring-over at my place (alabang hills) so i can give it a quick check. i have a reference violin and we can compare.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Tono Violin preamp

Postby threadlock » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:52 pm

sir VD, I got the preamp from sir docbebot just recently. He said the caps was upgraded to Mundorf silver/gold. Im glad you responded quickly. Can you pm me your location and contact #? I might bring it to you this sat/sunday. I will just commute since I have no car. Thanks!
threadlock

Postby mickey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Looks like a grounding issue. VD, if its already with you i can take a peek at it sometime this week.
mickey
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CCC » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Baka pwede ko isabay yung akin?

Threadlock, where will you be coming from?
CCC
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tuscany » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 am

I have the same problem also but I guess the enjoyment has outweighed the problem so I have not really pursued having it checked. Unfortunately, I live in QC and Alabang is too far so unless the problem already outweighs the enjoyment, I'll just live with it in the meantime.

Sir Theadlock and CCC I would be glad to hear from you how the problem was fixed when your units are fixed. Thanks.
tuscany
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 am

tuscany wrote:I have the same problem also but I guess the enjoyment has outweighed the problem so I have not really pursued having it checked. Unfortunately, I live in QC and Alabang is too far so unless the problem already outweighs the enjoyment, I'll just live with it in the meantime.

Sir Theadlock and CCC I would be glad to hear from you how the problem was fixed when your units are fixed. Thanks.

Tuscany,

If QC, you can PM mickey on where you can have it sent. Silver Strings is in QC too (West ave.)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby mickey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 am

No Problem, just leave it with any of our staff. Will get back to youn in a few days.
mickey
Citizen
Citizen

Re:

Postby Bagets » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 pm

@Sir Arnold & Vintage Dog

I am a complete noob, having acquired a relatively mint Tono violin from one of the WS members. It has a beautiful sound except that I'm hearing some "crackling/ frying" sound from one channel. Switched the 6SN7GTB tubes and lumipat din ang sound sa other channel. Thinking that this one tube is the culprit I tapped at the base and it's quite microphonic, unlike the other one. Also picks up some faint radio signals from time to time.

Sirs, what can I do at this point. Ok lang ba to change one tube muna. What could be a good source of decent ones today?

Thanks in advance for sharing your invaluable knowledge.
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Tono Pre-Amp support

Postby toobs » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi Bagets,

Arnold and Vintage dog maybe offline.
You are right, the tube is defective.
Nice initiative of swapping the tube to identify the problem.
You can just replace the noisy tube but ideally the two 6SN7 should be of the same brand and make.

toobs
toobs
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Tono Pre-Amp support

Postby Bagets » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you very much Toobs for the kind help. Looking to change this tube soon and then can go back to appreciating the music.

All the best to you.
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Tono Audio