PRE-AMP: Tono pre (12au7)

fine audio instruments for those who love music. hi-end sound, export-quality, proudly philippine made.

Moderator: TonoMan

Postby KEN2 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:49 pm

Sir I'm using Yamaha RXV-800 the 3 power amps(Quad 306 very old) are connected to C,L,R main preout of the receiver by Y adapter though they are rated only 50Watts/ch, they seems to give better sound when playing audio Cd's compare to using the receiver only.

TIA
KEN2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:58 pm

you can connect the amps for the L and R channels to the Tono preamp and you're all set to go :-)
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KEN2 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:00 pm

Sir, wala ba akong problema in matching
Tono preamp with my power amps(375mV for 50W into 8ohms,20Kohms impendance ).sir I'm also concern on how can i use my main speaker for both audio and HT without rewiring my connection incase I got Tono? Any device or connection you can recommend?

Sir main concern is the macthing/compatibility issue if any; for speaker connection problem once siguro may extra budget bili nalang ng separate pair of speakers.

TIA
KEN2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:05 pm

best way is really to try it out in YOUR system. can't really assure you if it will work well or not. send me a PM so i can arrange for you to try it out...
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby boombastig » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:06 pm

Got my tono preamp from vintage_dog last Wed and there's two words I can say abt. the unit AWESOME AND SUPERB!!! I have never imagined such a simple looking device can make my system sound so good, unlike anything I've ever heard before.

Just got a genesis IM8300 and I was looking for a system which I can use for these beauties as these are hard-to-drive units. So I asked for an audition with vintage_dog and all thru the amps that we used, the tono preamp was used to drive them. Honestly I was very impressed no matter what amp was used. So I decided to get one and paired it with my solid state power amp (of course with the expert help of vintage_dog on how to connect it) to drive my genesis speakers. It was really an audio nirvana and the sound was really great no matter what type of music I use. To my surprise, I even hooked this up to my HT set-up using the genesis speakers as fronts powered by the solid state amp and of course the tono preamp. And when I put in my best DVDs, I was amazed at the details and clarity that I started to hear certain things that I never heard before in my old HT (things like rain falling on leaves or small pebbles falling as people pass by a mountain trail). Speechless ako!

Thank you vintage_dog for introducing me to the tono preamp. It's a pity that when you start exporting these audio marvels that the local audio buffs may find them harder to come by. Kudos to you guys who came up with the tono preamp! Galing niyo talaga. To all of you out there looking for a good system, don't try looking at other imported high-priced units, just get the tono preamp and the amp line (personal and 300b). I myself am eyeing the 300b and am saving up for it. Hope that I still can find an available unit once I've saved enough.
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby party_pooper » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:28 pm

Sir,

Is the Tono Pre-amp still available for a newbie like me??Please text me if I could still avail the item tnx..

party_pooper

Postby TonoMan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:21 pm

sorry, we've long been sold out of this best seller!
TonoMan
Citizen
Citizen

Postby macolive » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:57 pm

party_pooper wrote:Sir,

Is the Tono Pre-amp still available for a newbie like me??Please text me if I could still avail the item tnx..

Check Rene Rivo (a.k.a. Hypertriode) he may have a unit for sale.
macolive
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Tono Audio