Turntable

On ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to know about AUDIO but were afraid to ask!

Moderator: audiostar

Turntable

Postby shotypua » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:04 am

Hi,

I'm looking for my First Turntable. I used the search function but couldn't get the answer that i wanted. My question is which direction should i go? Vintage is ok with me. I just need some advice on which Vintage TT and Cartridge Combination to buy and my budget is somewhere along 10k-12k. Thank you very much!
shotypua
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Turntable

Postby Mamimili » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:29 pm

If you stick with your budget unless you are very lucky you will not be happy... I would save up and increase the budget by at least 50% which should get you into the modern budget TT range. Look at AT, Denon, Music Hall and Project for starter TT's.

Unless very very lucky you are not going to find a usable vintage TT with your present budget.
User avatar
Mamimili
Master
Master
 
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Subang

Re: Turntable

Postby nicole » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:40 pm

User avatar
nicole
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:36 pm
Location: Da Nang City / Cavite

Re: Turntable

Postby shotypua » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Mamimili wrote:If you stick with your budget unless you are very lucky you will not be happy... I would save up and increase the budget by at least 50% which should get you into the modern budget TT range. Look at AT, Denon, Music Hall and Project for starter TT's.

Unless very very lucky you are not going to find a usable vintage TT with your present budget.


hi sir thanks for the reply. I'm open to 2nd hand vintage TTs
shotypua
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Turntable

Postby choyb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:00 am

Rega RP1 Turntable would fit you budget. Look for pre owned, or add a few more to your budget for brand new.
Good luck!
choyb
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Turntable

Postby jundai15 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:25 pm

In my own opinion, If you want a turntable good enough for professionals, get the turntables radio stations use and discos abuse. Technics Direct Drive. By by the way, I have a Technics SL-1600 MK2. But the best way is to go out and audition :)
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:04 am
Location: Q.C.

Re: Turntable

Postby mullard88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:55 pm

If you have already listened to several turntable based systems, you will have a few favorites. Just check out the prices of your favorites and adjust your budget if required. In the long run, you might regret buying based on budget. But you will definitely enjoy long term satisfaction buying what you really like.
User avatar
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:19 am

Re: Turntable

Postby shotypua » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

jundai15 wrote:In my own opinion, If you want a turntable good enough for professionals, get the turntables radio stations use and discos abuse. Technics Direct Drive. By by the way, I have a Technics SL-1600 MK2. But the best way is to go out and audition :)


i sent you a pm sir
shotypua
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Turntable

Postby shotypua » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

mullard88 wrote:If you have already listened to several turntable based systems, you will have a few favorites. Just check out the prices of your favorites and adjust your budget if required. In the long run, you might regret buying based on budget. But you will definitely enjoy long term satisfaction buying what you really like.


i just listened to a Technics SL 1350 and nothing to compare it to.
shotypua
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Turntable

Postby mullard88 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:56 pm

In that case, if I were in your situation, I will hold back, be patient, and listen to a few turntable set ups. But I will not hold back in starting my lp collection.
User avatar
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:19 am

Re: Turntable

Postby shotypua » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:41 am

mullard88 wrote:In that case, if I were in your situation, I will hold back, be patient, and listen to a few turntable set ups. But I will not hold back in starting my lp collection.


thank you! yup i've started buying LPs already hehe
shotypua
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Turntable

Postby mullard88 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Great! Buy extra copies of your favorite lps.
User avatar
mullard88
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:19 am

Re: Turntable

Postby jundai15 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:24 pm

shotypua wrote:
jundai15 wrote:In my own opinion, If you want a turntable good enough for professionals, get the turntables radio stations use and discos abuse. Technics Direct Drive. By by the way, I have a Technics SL-1600 MK2. But the best way is to go out and audition :)


i sent you a pm sir


Replied sir to your pm and that's good to hear that you auditioned one turntable, if you found the turntable your looking for , go for it, condition of the turntable is also to consider before taking the plunge, try also REGA turntables.
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:04 am
Location: Q.C.

Re: Turntable

Postby morpheus6262 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:26 am

Hi chief!

How's Sherwood rx 4208 and 4508?
Or is the Pioneer a10k better?

Thanks in advance!
morpheus6262
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:56 pm


Return to NEWBIE Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest