Two Channel Set up

On ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to know about AUDIO but were afraid to ask!

Moderator: audiostar

Two Channel Set up

Postby igop9 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 am

This is my first post. I would appreciate if you guys could give your opinions/recommendations regarding my future set up

My set up:
Denon TT DP300F
Marantz PM8005
Marantz CD5004
Polk Audio RTi A9

Would appreciate all the info I could get. 100% for music use. I'll be getting this set up from Listening in Style (Shangri-la Plaza, Edsa Shaw). My Room size is 15x18 ft. Thanks :D
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Two Channel Set up

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:32 am

compare the denon turntable with the audiotechnica lp240 which i believe is also available at LIS. sturdier build plus standard headshell and all adjustments available. the denon advantage is the auto play function.
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:13 am

One question I think you should have a definitive answer to is whether you still really need a CD player.

The alternative to a CD player is using a streamer-DAC set-up. If you have a spare / old computer lying around, that can potentially take care of the streaming side. This is not without its hassles. For one, you need to rip all your CD's properly which can be a tedious process. Further, you'd need to tinker around with your computer to optimize it for audio streaming / rendering--this can be part of the fun for tinkering types but can be very frustrating for those with computer-phobia.

In my humble opinion, the advantages of a streamer-DAC set-up outweigh that of a traditional spinning disc set-up. First, having a computer as a source opens up the use of new services like Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, etc. Second, you may fancy getting into high resolution downloaded music. Third, to my ears, in my system, in my room (or headphones), properly ripped CDs sound better than spinning CDs.

Hope this helps and good luck!
rtsyrtsy

Postby luismorizono » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:52 pm

igop9 wrote:This is my first post. I would appreciate if you guys could give your opinions/recommendations regarding my future set up

My set up:
Denon TT DP300F
Marantz PM8005
Marantz CD5004
Polk Audio RTi A9

Would appreciate all the info I could get. 100% for music use. I'll be getting this set up from Listening in Style (Shangri-la Plaza, Edsa Shaw). My Room size is 15x18 ft. Thanks :D

your gears are ok for two channel set-up. what seems to be the problem? :)
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:49 am

+1 on not getting a CD player. Unless you have thousands of them why bother with a dead format?
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby luismorizono » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 am

Mamimili wrote:+1 on not getting a CD player. Unless you have thousands of them why bother with a dead format?

ouch! ;(
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 pm

luismorizono wrote:
Mamimili wrote:+1 on not getting a CD player. Unless you have thousands of them why bother with a dead format?

ouch! ;(

I qualify for "smallest CD collection" competitions so don't take my biased views to seriously :lol:

(don't tell anyone but i do have 1 CD player and 1 CD player/recorder that i have decided to keep)
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby egay » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Mamimili wrote:
luismorizono wrote:

ouch! ;(

I qualify for "smallest CD collection" competitions so don't take my biased views to seriously :lol:

(don't tell anyone but i do have 1 CD player and 1 CD player/recorder that i have decided to keep)

Silly boy ;)

Yes, if you are just starting with CDs. Stop. Don't get a CDP; instead consider downloads and setup Computer Audio.
In fact, if you have less than 100 CDs, you still should seriously consider Computer Audio rather than splurge :P your money for CDPs + CDs. Sayang na.
But if you have more, then perhaps a CDP 'could' still be reasonable...

Still, Computer Audio seems to be the most rational choice now.

Oh, yes, your choice system looks fine for starters and perhaps as a long-term investment as well.

But you are entering a hobby that can be 'demanding' :devil:

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby igop9 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Good day to everyone, as per your advice mga sir, for the past 3weeks or so panay po ang audition ko from diffrent audio stores,ito po original na setup that i was considering on buying
My set up:
Denon TT DP300F
Marantz PM8005
Marantz CD5004
Polk Audio RTi A9

Until i saw this advertisment on FB about a store in timog ( Audible Illusion) went there right away and cheked out some of their gears na naka set up, the owner was really so helpfull kaya ng try kami ng diffrent set up's (psb /nad) until i heard his NAD and PARADIGM combo, it blew me rigth away,last saturday we closed the deal, andito na po final set up...

Paradigm studio 60
Nad 375 dac
Marantz Cd 6005
rega Rp1
Nad Pp4

Thank you po sa mga input nyo mga sir, big help po talaga, I will be posting the photos (GEARS) pag natapos na po break in at na deliver .... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby luismorizono » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:42 pm

congratulations bro! happy listening. :clap:
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy the music!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby Mamimili » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:02 pm

p.s. let us know when the itch begins............ :devil:
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby igop9 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:15 am

Copy po sir,luismorizono /Mamimili thanks again :D :clap:
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby trod93 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 am

Congrats! Btw, acoustic treatment can dramatically improve the sq of your setup too. ;)
trod93
Citizen
Citizen

Postby igop9 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks for the input Sir,trod93 Will be considering the acoustic treatment asap :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zenaudio » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Good choices! :up:
Congratulations and start building that vinyl collection! :D
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby igop9 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 am

Noted po sir,zenaudio nag start na po ako mag collect, got my vinyl's sa Stereofiles (Timog) ang bait din ng owner Ms. Che , Now I think nakakaramdam na ako ng itch NAMAAAAN :D :D :D :D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby igop9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm

by Mamimili » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:02 pm

p.s. let us know when the itch begins............ :devil:

Good Pm (sir paul) aka. Mamimili, Would like you to know i have the itch already :lol: :lol: :lol: I think ill be trading my rega rp1 for the rp6, after just 2 weeks of acquiring the rp1 :D :D :D
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby alfa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 pm

How much was the Denon TTDP300F and where did you see it?
Thanks in advance

igop9 wrote:Good day to everyone, as per your advice mga sir, for the past 3weeks or so panay po ang audition ko from diffrent audio stores,ito po original na setup that i was considering on buying
My set up:
Denon TT DP300F
.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
alfa
Citizen
Citizen

Postby igop9 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:40 am

alfa wrote:How much was the Denon TTDP300F and where did you see it?
Thanks in advance

igop9 wrote:Good day to everyone, as per your advice mga sir, for the past 3weeks or so panay po ang audition ko from diffrent audio stores,ito po original na setup that i was considering on buying
My set up:
Denon TT DP300F
.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good day sir alfa, if Im not mistaken it's around 22k ang srp but i think may discount pa, LIS sa Shangrila po (Mandaluyong) your welcome sir :) :) :)
igop9
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to NEWBIE Corner