A few more reasons for another DJ101 field trip

On ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to know about AUDIO but were afraid to ask!

Moderator: audiostar

Re: DJ101 Session 1 - Feb 4, 2013 - Come and Join!

Postby jlooney » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 pm

dnk wrote:Sorry Jun, but Session 1 was moved from San Juan to BF Pque. Not that many beers to open here as we need to be sober enough to absorb the DJ101 learnings (nakakahiya sa resource person kung puro lasing estudyante nya). Session 2 perhaps will be at Noly's studio which is a different story all together (unli-SML). But, of course you are more than welcome to join, DJ looney.

Ayos!

hahaha! DJlooney!
Sama pa din kahit san juan!
Thanks dnk!
jlooney
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Sign-up now for DJ101!

Postby jlooney » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Dodie wrote:
jlooney wrote:
TheAnalogSource wrote:DJ101 Session 1
@ The Analog Source Studio, Little Baguio, San Juan
Drinking session AFTER.

1. dnk --- weekdays office hours, saturday evening onwards
2. doasmarx --- kahit anong araw basta sabado :) :) :)
3. djTAS - anytime except the 9th

sama ako - learner / taga bukas ng beer

hoy boss dalhin mo yung box ha, bgay mo na lang kay bebop, dun ko na lang kunin. thnks. sana makasunod ako ;)

yesir=)
jlooney
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm

DJ TAS, of TheAnalogSource has confirmed that he will be giving away some analog DJ goodies during the session. wooot wooot!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Isang tulog nalang, DJ101 na!

We are all set and good to go! Current headcount stands at 12 but we can still accommodate a few more. Just let me know before the event starts.

See you tomorrow!
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 am

dapat ang bilang sa kain nyan 14....2 dnk, 2 tas and 10 others hehehe
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby planarribbon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am

pwede pa po ba sumama? open pa po yung carpool ng mcs/bebop?
planarribbon
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am

planarribbon wrote:pwede pa po ba sumama? open pa po yung carpool ng mcs/bebop?

MCS carpool is still open. Please be there before 6:30PM so the group can leave as soon as its complete. The traffic at the south can be a pain in the a$s.

Goodie!
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:dapat ang bilang sa kain nyan 14....2 dnk, 2 tas and 10 others hehehe

Pareng Noly,

Don't worry, the host already took this FACT into consideration.

Hehehe
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnel90 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks Dan for initiating the DJ 101 session, enjoyed and learned a lot from our resource person, master DJ, Cocoy. Never knew anyone who knows his vast collection of music that intimately, up to the producers of each song he would really know the detail of the music. :clap: Very grateful also to the gracious host last night, DJ Melvin, food and booze plus ice cream :) Here's a couple of shots from last night, enjoy. Until next session WiredState DJs :rock:

arnel90
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 am

mas lalo ako na-inspire magDJ dahil ke cocoy....thanks for the training.....

special thanks to our gracious host melvin and organizer dan. sana maulit uli

.... just woke up though so will post pics later
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby Jomel01 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:50 am

I knew our resource person Cocoy Puyat could mix but I was equally amazed at his skill, knowledge and passion at both software and hardware. His 30 years of DJing + his BS Education degree really made the session worth our while and I never knew we will be needing calculators to mix, may Math pala involved! Thanks DJ Cocoy for unselfishly sharing your time and talent last night, my dance LP will now have more quality and interactive time with me...

It was fun- Cheers!
Jomel01

Thank You for making DJ101S1 a reality!

Postby dnk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm

First, in behalf of all the participants, I would like to express our sincerest heartfelt thanks to Mr. DJ Cocoy Puyat for finding the time to try and teach old dogs new tricks. Instead of hanging out with the chicks over at his newly opened bar (Straight Up in BGC), he opted to spend time with us to share his knowledge and experience. Sana hindi ka madala and we hope to see you again in the forthcoming DJ101 sessionS. Yes, that is session with a big bold S in the end, because after last night, I know we are going to need more than a few to get us even remotely close to a passing grade.

After the first session, I can confidently say that I can transition to ANY song after New Order's Bizzare Love Triangle, regardless of BPM difference. That is perhaps the most important lesson of the session: know your songs. I actually thought I knew my records but not after learning what I need to know about the record in order to successfully mix it. It was really an eye-opener.

For now, there will be a lot of listening, taking down notes, counting bars and beats, song history, producer, composer, BPMs, among others. I was thinking perhaps we can come up with a shared database of songs, but that is a different story altogether.

The class of DJ101S1

Many thanks also to our wonderful host and co-instigator Jomel01 for welcoming us to his lovely home, feeding us and re-arranging his lanai to fit 2 DJ setups and a bunch of drunkards. Special thanks too, Noly Dy for all the support and sponsoring the raffle prizes, which we forgot all about. Cocoy got us all thinking and preoccupied that no one cared about the raffle anymore. I'll post more pictures later tonight.

If you weren't able to attend and find the idea cool, there is nothing stopping you from being part of DJ101S2, either as a participant, resource person or sponsor. ;)
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Thank You for making DJ101S1 a reality!

Postby doasmarx » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

dnk wrote:First, in behalf of all the participants, I would like to express our sincerest heartfelt thanks to Mr. DJ Cocoy Puyat for finding the time to try and teach old dogs new tricks. Instead of hanging out with the chicks over at his newly opened bar (Straight Up in BGC), he opted to spend time with us to share his knowledge and experience. Sana hindi ka madala and we hope to see you again in the forthcoming DJ101 sessionS. Yes, that is session with a big bold S in the end, because after last night, I know we are going to need more than a few to get us even remotely close to a passing grade.

After the first session, I can confidently say that I can transition to ANY song after New Order's Bizzare Love Triangle, regardless of BPM difference. That is perhaps the most important lesson of the session: know your songs. I actually thought I knew my records but not after learning what I need to know about the record in order to successfully mix it. It was really an eye-opener.

For now, there will be a lot of listening, taking down notes, counting bars and beats, song history, producer, composer, BPMs, among others. I was thinking perhaps we can come up with a shared database of songs, but that is a different story altogether.

The class of DJ101S1

Many thanks also to our wonderful host and co-instigator Jomel01 for welcoming us to his lovely home, feeding us and re-arranging his lanai to fit 2 DJ setups and a bunch of drunkards. Special thanks too, Noly Dy for all the support and sponsoring the raffle prizes, which we forgot all about. Cocoy got us all thinking and preoccupied that no one cared about the raffle anymore. I'll post more pictures later tonight.

If you weren't able to attend and find the idea cool, there is nothing stopping you from being part of DJ101S2, either as a participant, resource person or sponsor. ;)

bat parang wala si Marlon/Wavemaster?
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dnk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 pm

doasmarx wrote:bat parang wala si Marlon/Wavemaster?

Marlon had an unforeseen family matter he had to attend to. Pero bawi daw sya sa DJ101S2, na dapat kasama ka na Dax.
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby northwardnimbus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm

ang saya. sali next time!
northwardnimbus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby merlin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Special thanks to Dan, Melvin and Cocoy for making our first DJ session a big success! Time to buy another1200 so I can begin mixing :D
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby mixx » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm

apologies to the group i wasnt able to join last night, nagkaroon lang trouble with my setup sa tagaytay, its nice to hear that the group enjoyed the 1st session. sana magkaroon ng part 2 soon :) btw nice shirts
mixx
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm

mixx wrote:apologies to the group i wasnt able to join last night, nagkaroon lang trouble with my setup sa tagaytay, its nice to hear that the group enjoyed the 1st session. sana magkaroon ng part 2 soon :) btw nice shirts

Its ok sir edmar. At the rate we are going we are going to need a lot of instruction and I am sure that session 2 will happen soon, with the help and support of the group.

As for the shirts, there is one waiting for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby amonv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Thank you Cocoy for your time and sharing your knowledge to us... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: see you next week for the Lps..

Melvin.. thank you for hosting and showing your skills in DJing :clap: :clap: :clap:

DJ DNK.. :x :x :x
amonv
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 pm

As promised, some more pictures from DJ101S1

Resource Person Cocoy checking out Jomel01's decks

Host Jomel01 working the decks

Battle? hehe si amonv ang referee

sexy back (what?!)

cocoy's tools of the trade: various carts, halved squash balls and SMB!

the resource person "preparing" for the lecture

no introduction needed

lecture proper

teacher's pet

eager beavers

cooldown

I hope that Session 2 follows soon, but for now, practice... practice and practice muna.

Again, thanks to everyone who made this session as fun as it was. :clap:
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to NEWBIE Corner