A few more reasons for another DJ101 field trip

On ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to know about AUDIO but were afraid to ask!

Moderator: audiostar

Re: Sign-up now for DJ101!

Postby cocoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 am

that is me
cocoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 am

@cocoy - Thank you very much for sharing your time and knowledge to us. We will surely come up with something that would fit all of our schedules. Cheers!

Okay... due to the request of our good friend bebop, lets have a "dry run" on Saturday. I understand not everyone is available on Saturday, so lets just schedule another session during weekdays closely to follow this one. Syempre if you are free to attend both then you are more than welcome.

So let me fix the sign-up lists. Lets continue the previous one we already started that signifies our interest and availability. I'll add another column for participation so we know who and when the resource persons are available. I'll also update it with info I obtained off-line.

DJ101 Sessions

1. dnk --- weekdays, saturday evening onwards --- learner/instigator
2. doasmarx --- kahit anong araw basta sabado --- learner
3. djTAS --- anytime except the 9th --- learner/host (San Juan)
4. Jomel01--- weekdays office hours --- learner/host (Paranaque)
5. mixx --- (please advise availability) --- resource person
6. bebop --- after store hours --- learner/vinyl sponsor
7. wavemaster --- anytime with prior notice --- resource person
8. merlin --- after office hours --- learner (yata)/kainuman
9. cocoy --- Monday & Tuesday evenings --- resource person

Now, for the "Dry Run" Session on Saturday (Feb 2, 2013), I think there is no need for a sign-up sheet. Just an open invitation to everyone and anyone who would like to join. Venue is at The Analog Source Studio. Mr. Mystery DJ will facilitate but other resource persons are more than welcome. Participants, bring your prized rare new-wave/80's 12" extended records so we an practice scratching them... just kidding :P as of now, we have a pledge of unli SML from the host and ice+JWBlack from me. wala bang magdadala ng lechon(g manok)? hehe :lol:

Ayos?
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby mixx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

@ sir dnk im available mondays to thursdays, wag lang matataon na me setup kami :)

@ sir analog source i can bring EV monitor speakers, i think audiophile speakers wont suffice lalo na pag nalalasing na yung DJ :?:

@ sir cocoy <- one of my idols 8)
mixx
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:26 pm

cocoy wrote:that is me

Ey, what's up bud? :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby cocoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

@ Jack

Too much time on my hands. Gotta find alternative outlets. Thus, I will share the knowledge.
cocoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Hahahahaha. Still haven't got a chance to catch one of your gigs lately. Seeing you once a year at the HiFi show isn't enough bro. Catch up soon!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby cocoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 pm

FYI

We are opening a new bar tom night, Feb 1, 2013. "Straight Up" is at the 16/f Roof Deck of Seda Hotel in Bonifacio Global City. 30th St corner 11th Avenue. At the end of Bonifacio High Street beside Muji & The Gap.

I will have 2 1200's set up there on most nights.
cocoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:46 pm

dan, di pa ko ready sa dry run...sobra short notice..saka me na-oo-han nako this sat ;) ....saka as i type at this moment me dry run na nagaganap sa mcs....basta un main event good na un

.....dyan na muna kayo ke cocoy sa fort sa sat para maiba naman hehe
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby doasmarx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:dan, di pa ko ready sa dry run...sobra short notice..saka me na-oo-han nako this sat ;) ....saka as i type at this moment me dry run na nagaganap sa mcs....basta un main event good na un

.....dyan na muna kayo ke cocoy sa fort sa sat para maiba naman hehe

enjoy mga jologs :rofl:
doasmarx
Fanatic
Fanatic

Sign-up now for DJ101!

Postby dnk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry Noly, my bad for not consulting you first. Next sat naman you'll be busy welcoming the snake. So next lunar year na ang session sa inyo. We need to come up with something sooner. Strike while the iron is hot. Any suggestions guys?

@mixx - its very generous of you to lend us not only your time but also your equipment. Admittedly, I'm curious as to what can happen pag nalasing ang DJ! Hehe

@cocoy - thanks again for sharing your free time and knowledge with us. All the best to you and your new bar. I will definitely drop by soon and watch you work those 1200's in a real world setting.

What ever we come up with, I'll keep this thread updated.

Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

DJ101 Session 1 - Feb 4, 2013 - Come and Join!

Postby dnk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am

With a lot of help from my co-instigators, who wish to remain anonymous, here is the comprehensive plan for DJ101 Session 1.

-------------------

DJ101 Session 1 is set on Monday, Feb. 4, 2013 at about 7:00PM in an undisclosed location in BF Paranaque. May I request our resource persons Sirs cocoy, mixx and wavemaster to confirm their availability?

For those coming from Makati, a carpool has been organized that will meet-up at MCS (Bebop Records) at about 6:30PM that will leave at 6:45PM sharp. Same carpool will go back to MCS after the event. There will also be a carpool from BGC (PM me for details) leaving at about 6:30PM, however, there will be no carpool back to BGC after. Our host will prepare a simple dinner and a few drinks, with emphasis on DJ101 and not the drinks, to maximize the learning. For those going straight to the venue, please PM me for directions.

All the required DJ equipment, including the necessary speakers and amplification, will be ready at the venue. What is needed though is for participants to bring two identical records to use for the beatmatching exercise as there might be some hands-on practice if time permits. Scratch your records at your own risk. hehe

Again this is an open invitation to all WS members who wants to be a DJ ON ANALOG SETUP.

Please signify your interest here.

Lets GO! :rock:
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jlooney » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:DJ101 Session 1
@ The Analog Source Studio, Little Baguio, San Juan
Drinking session AFTER.

1. dnk --- weekdays office hours, saturday evening onwards
2. doasmarx --- kahit anong araw basta sabado :) :) :)
3. djTAS - anytime except the 9th

sama ako - learner / taga bukas ng beer
jlooney
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnel90 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

dnk wrote:With a lot of help from my co-instigators, who wish to remain anonymous, here is the comprehensive plan for DJ101 Session 1.

-------------------

DJ101 Session 1 is set on Monday, Feb. 4, 2013 at about 7:00PM in an undisclosed location in BF Paranaque. May I request our resource persons Sirs cocoy, mixx and wavemaster to confirm their availability?

For those coming from Makati, a carpool has been organized that will meet-up at MCS (Bebop Records) at about 6:30PM that will leave at 6:45PM sharp. Same carpool will go back to MCS after the event. There will also be a carpool from BGC (PM me for details) leaving at about 6:30PM, however, there will be no carpool back to BGC after. Our host will prepare a simple dinner and a few drinks, with emphasis on DJ101 and not the drinks, to maximize the learning. For those going straight to the venue, please PM me for directions.

All the required DJ equipment, including the necessary speakers and amplification, will be ready at the venue. What is needed though is for participants to bring two identical records to use for the beatmatching exercise as there might be some hands-on practice if time permits. Scratch your records at your own risk. hehe

Again this is an open invitation to all WS members who wants to be a DJ ON ANALOG SETUP.

Please signify your interest here.

Lets GO! :rock:

Will join sir as a miron :) from BF as well.
arnel90
Citizen
Citizen

Re: DJ101 Session 1 - Feb 4, 2013 - Come and Join!

Postby dnk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Sorry Jun, but Session 1 was moved from San Juan to BF Pque. Not that many beers to open here as we need to be sober enough to absorb the DJ101 learnings (nakakahiya sa resource person kung puro lasing estudyante nya). Session 2 perhaps will be at Noly's studio which is a different story all together (unli-SML). But, of course you are more than welcome to join, DJ looney.

Ayos!
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 pm

monday it is...ok in bf....im in.....lapit lang yan sa inyo jun.....san nga un masarap na crispy pata hehe

ganto ba ang identical records....pare parehong sealed hehe
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby amonv » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

sama ko..
amonv
Citizen
Citizen

Postby WaVeMaster » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:24 am

game!
WaVeMaster
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:16 am

We are good to go! As of now we have a total of 11 attendees. All three resources have confirmed their attendance and we are setting up a second dj setup in the venue to accommodate more hands on practice.

To those who are interested but haven't signed up yet, please let me know by sunday evening and have a final headcount for food preparation, and if an additional carpool is needed.

Sign-up na!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Vinylhead » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Goodluck guys! Go DJ's!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Vinylhead
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Dodie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 pm

jlooney wrote:
TheAnalogSource wrote:DJ101 Session 1
@ The Analog Source Studio, Little Baguio, San Juan
Drinking session AFTER.

1. dnk --- weekdays office hours, saturday evening onwards
2. doasmarx --- kahit anong araw basta sabado :) :) :)
3. djTAS - anytime except the 9th

sama ako - learner / taga bukas ng beer

hoy boss dalhin mo yung box ha, bgay mo na lang kay bebop, dun ko na lang kunin. thnks. sana makasunod ako ;)
Dodie
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to NEWBIE Corner