Any doctors in the house?

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Postby arnoldc » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:15 am

Doc Gerry Patawaran, EENT yata but I'm not sure, a Michell GyroDec user (di ko napansin kung may CD player sya)

Doc Tristan (plasticman kasi Plastic Surgeon sya), now a Bix user

Yung isa pang Doctor na na meet ko kina Boy nung nag sale sila, nakalimutan ko pangalan. Ang sabi ni Boy, may sampung Bong Penera LPs daw itong Doc na ito...
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby jonas » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:23 am

thanks stereophile, im actually half-afraid to post my specialty because most of the time the reaction is , "ano yun?"

jonas- nuclear medicine

90% analog, 10% digital (home)
100% digital (car)
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:30 am

jonas, ano yun? :D
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:33 am

jonas, ano nya yon? :lol:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:52 am

jonas wrote:jonas- nuclear medicine

Lupit at :!: :o
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby Noel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:54 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:
efm2 wrote:For simple relaxation I would recommend myotherapy. This is a scientific form of massage technique that targets the whole body more so the sore spots that you would like to be treated. Chiropractics deal more on spine alignment and the problems that arises from it like neck pain, shoulder pain, scoliosis, all forms of back pains and other related problems.

Thanks for the info, efm2. :)

MSM, i've experienced myotherapy sessions several times at the Intercare center for a neck/back problem - I tell you its no picnic. Very painful during the massage as the therapist tries to break down (by sheer force) "hard" spots in your muscles. Para kang binugbog sa likod. But afterwards, real feeling of bliss. Highly recommended.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:36 pm

Noel wrote:MSM, i've experienced myotherapy sessions several times at the Intercare center for a neck/back problem - I tell you its no picnic. Very painful during the massage as the therapist tries to break down (by sheer force) "hard" spots in your muscles. Para kang binugbog sa likod. But afterwards, real feeling of bliss. Highly recommended.

Ako kasi, I have whole body massages once a week. :) Yung legit ha. :wink: Di yung ala ihatejazz type of massages. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

But sometimes, I feel na bitin yung massage. :roll: Maybe this myotherapy thing is for me. :) Magkano ba 1 session :?: How many minutes per session :?:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby Noel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:57 pm

There's one real good therapist there that does myotherapy, very forceful, tenacious, ikaw ang susuko. If he does it, I guarantee you won't feel lacking. Again its painful during the massage, NOT at all relaxing, until after the session when you start to feel its calming effect.

Its been a few years since I was there (the greenhills branch) so baka wala na siya. I can't even recall his name. Rate at that time was around P750 per session. It goes for around 30 mins. Suggest you try it just to satisfy your curiosity. The clinic itself is very profesionally run.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:58 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote: Magkano ba 1 session :?: How many minutes per session :?:

noel, please respond via PM only to msm (not in this thread) on his question. thanks
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jonas » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:50 pm

nuclear medicine-medical field which deals with the diagnosis and therapy of diseases through the use of unsealed radioactive substances administered into the patient. if you or anybody you know has had a heart attack, cancer or any thyroid disease, most likely a nuclear medicine doctor was consulted (without the patient knowing) for help in the diagnosis.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:51 am

Jonas, yun pala yun!

efm2, MC is an old friend of mine and I get adjusted by him pretty regularly, the Caloocan City brothers Rey and Rex are excellent Myo guys, I think you did some accupuncture on my wife's neck some time back. Was it you who B.I.ed Martin into going audiophile? Konting tulak na lang tuloy tuloy na yan. He's been to my place a number of times and I've been trying to sink my piranha teeth into his brother's vinyl collection from Roxy's. Ayaw lang talaga bumitaw.

Stereophile, if I break my back delivering speakers or my hand while setting them up at least i know who to call! Jonas, I hope I never have to go see you professionaly, kita na lang tayo sa kasal ng pinsan mo this Nov.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby efm2 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:42 am

[quote="JackD201"]Jonas, yun pala yun!

efm2, MC is an old friend of mine and I get adjusted by him pretty regularly, the Caloocan City brothers Rey and Rex are excellent Myo guys, I think you did some accupuncture on my wife's neck some time back. Was it you who B.I.ed Martin into going audiophile? Konting tulak na lang tuloy tuloy na yan. He's been to my place a number of times and I've been trying to sink my piranha teeth into his brother's vinyl collection from Roxy's. Ayaw lang talaga bumitaw.

Stereophile, if I break my back delivering speakers or my hand while setting them up at least i know who to call! Jonas, I hope I never have to go see you professionaly, kita na lang tayo sa kasal ng pinsan mo this Nov.[/quote

Hi JackD201,

Yes, it was me who is everynow and then trying to push him to venture
a little deeper :) As for now, nothing beats his iPod as his audio anywhere
carry.
efm2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marty_e » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:23 am

Hi efm, MC is an old friend of mine as well. In fact I bumped into him in DEX Greenhills before last year's audio show. Yes he does have an extensive vinyl horde that remains unused by him. Give him my best.

Going back, Isn't Amandarae's brother a doctor as well?
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jonas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:56 am

JackD201 wrote:Jonas, yun pala yun!

Stereophile, if I break my back delivering speakers or my hand while setting them up at least i know who to call! Jonas, I hope I never have to go see you professionaly, kita na lang tayo sa kasal ng pinsan mo this Nov.

right! i never want so see you or any wiredstate guys and their friends and family in my clinic! bad news yun! yung mga kaaway nyo na lang!

sa wedding ng pinsan ko, hindi ako sa iyo tatabi, baka mapagkamalan na driver/bodyguard mo lang ko. anyway, jun Y. is surprised you still have time to go online when your sked is so busy daw. i told him you post during the graveyard shift.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

Postby efm2 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:40 am

marty_e wrote:Hi efm, MC is an old friend of mine as well. In fact I bumped into him in DEX Greenhills before last year's audio show. Yes he does have an extensive vinyl horde that remains unused by him. Give him my best.

Going back, Isn't Amandarae's brother a doctor as well?

Hi marty_e

Will do.
efm2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Quiel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:19 pm

For the doctors in the house (if they don't mind) and those knowledgeable: am looking for answers regarding this procedure to detect cancer thru' blood samples. Heard it's kind of new. How reliable is this compared to biopsy or any other test procedures?
Quiel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby plasticman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:33 pm

Plasticman- Plastic Surgeon (Cosmetic, Reconstructive and Burn) - Manila Doctor's Hospital;
Healthway Medical Clinics (Alabang Town Center and Festival Mall)
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby plasticman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:41 pm

another doc visited me once at my ayala residence. he was with Tony M and also brought his misis na doc din sa pgh... i forgot the name

sir VD,
I think that was me with my wife na ophthalmologist
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby quarterback » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Will a junior intern count? My eldest is now a junior intern at uermmc. hoping to be a cardiologist.
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jonas » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:32 am

Quiel wrote:For the doctors in the house (if they don't mind) and those knowledgeable: am looking for answers regarding this procedure to detect cancer thru' blood samples. Heard it's kind of new. How reliable is this compared to biopsy or any other test procedures?

i believe the procedure you mentioned detects cancer through tumor markers in the blood. These are PSA, AFP, CEA, CA19-9,etc. These tumor markers have been around for a long time and many large hospitals can measure them. What you may be referring to is a dedicated machine that can measure all of these tumor markers in one go instead of one by one. For people with no cancer yet and they have this or any blood screening for cancer done, the value would be the early detection of cancer. But a biopsy or other confirmatory procedures (CT, MRI, ultrasound, PET,etc) still has to be done once the blood exam is positive. Surgeons and oncologists need confirmatory tests before operating or giving chemotherapy. It is not enough to know that a person has breast cancer or pancreatic cancer, the actual cancer cells have to be seen through a microscope and the size and location of the actual tumor mass have to be seen in a scan for proper treatment to be given.
jonas
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to TIME OUT!