PSEi: upside potential of PSEi index at 7200 level

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Re: PSEi: upside potential of PSEi index at 7200 level

Postby marty_e » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:38 pm

If you guys get together for a session, I can join you. I would be happy to share what I can re investing strategies, portfolio and asset allocation, current stock picks etc

Sent from my iPhone
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

at the current levels am a bit more cautious investing in PSEi; yes am a bit long on most stocks (+10-20%) bought early this year, but have also not recovered yet on some (eg rwm, mwc, dmpl, pcor, etc)... hehehe

not sure about PSEi hitting the 8000 level as what some friends hope for in the short term, but i'll probably continue to only invest on major "blue chips"..TEL, JFC, AC, ALI, GLO, SMPH, URC, plus EDC, FGENetc etc. i completely shy away from speculative stocks

diverted some funds to preferred shares and other recent IPOs too and into UITF/balanced funds and in mutual funds both local and US$ denominated..

----------------------------------------

marty_e wrote:If you guys get together for a session, I can join you. I would be happy to share what I can re investing strategies, portfolio and asset allocation, current stock picks etc

Sent from my iPhone

we'll take you up on this offer ;) maybe over coffee or lunch ... makati or alabang?
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby muypogi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 pm

sumnerbrowne wrote:I wonder what you guys think of getting into mutual funds. With mutual funds, your risk is addressed via diversification. You also don't need to monitor the market daily as your portfolio manager will be the one to do the worrying for you. The variety of mutual funds out there also get to address all types of risk appetite.

For newbies into investing, MFs are a good way to get your feet wet. But strictly for medium to long term investment only. . . mutual funds as an instrument were originally for pension funds, so the nature of the instrument is inherently for those with a longer-term horizon.

Likewise, the practice of constant investment, which is called peso-cost-averaging works best for mutual funds. You invest regularly, without timing the market, so that even if the market tanks, your steady investments will ensure you capture at least some of the potential upside when the market recovers. . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 pm

marty_e wrote:If you guys get together for a session, I can join you. I would be happy to share what I can re investing strategies, portfolio and asset allocation, current stock picks etc

Sent from my iPhone

Nice! Moi can also chime in. :)

Ako taga-cheer ha. Pili na lang which company :)
Superman
Master Showman

Postby rtsyrtsy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 am

jadis, if your entry into the market causes a sure-fire crash, we make make money on that by shorting. :-)
rtsyrtsy

Postby jadis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:jadis, if your entry into the market causes a sure-fire crash, we make make money on that by shorting. :-)

Russ, it had crossed my mind in the past. But I needed a 'consortium' of willing partners. :lol: And we need friendly brokers too. :D :D :D

Is there a broker in the house? :D :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 pm

ayan na mga experts :clap:
keith
walastick

Postby jadis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm

keith wrote:ayan na mga experts :clap:

Keith,

Sa totoo lang, I had been tempted a few times to pm you for your advise. Pero makapal pa ang scar tissue ko, nag preno ako. Also, was worried that I might close your brokerage house down sa losses ko. :D :D :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:59 am

jadis wrote:
keith wrote:ayan na mga experts :clap:

Keith,

Sa totoo lang, I had been tempted a few times to pm you for your advise. Pero makapal pa ang scar tissue ko, nag preno ako. Also, was worried that I might close your brokerage house down sa losses ko. :D :D :D

:D :D
keith
walastick

Postby jadis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Bloodbath at the world stock markets today, PSE down big, dragged down by China's Stock Market Bubble.

I haven't bought anything since the last post here.

Time to buy?
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Superman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 pm

jadis wrote:Bloodbath at the world stock markets today, PSE down big, dragged down by China's Stock Market Bubble.

Time to buy?

Yes sir!

And for those w/ existing ones...time to top-up!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby jadis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Superman wrote:
jadis wrote:Bloodbath at the world stock markets today, PSE down big, dragged down by China's Stock Market Bubble.

Time to buy?

Yes sir!

And for those w/ existing ones...time to top-up!

Top up? Is that like average down?

What if the market continues to fall in the next few weeks? I know, I'm not the guy to buy stocks. :sweat:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby zenaudio » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:42 am

It's the correction some have been waiting for to (re)enter, but may not be bottom yet.
Some will wait for a while. Others are starting to nibble select stocks or index funds.
I won't go all-in yet...
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to TIME OUT!