Topics on Religion and Politics NOT ALLOWED

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Postby qguy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 am

no problems with the policy except for the outright ban.. maybe the offendin member can have a warning first.

lets say on old time member like Hypertriode, Jadis or MSM makes a new post about politics or religion.. Would the moderators ban the member ?
qguy
Master
Master

Postby arnoldc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 am

Do you really think they would do that knowing the rules?
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby Mamimili » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:18 am

Very well put Jack!
We should all remember that moderators are charged with being neutral (i am sure) this is not an easy thing to be sometimes! so why make their life more difficult?
WS was created out of passion for audio and fun, why waste our time with anything else when there are various means and places to express other views.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby qguy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:20 am

For arguments sake after 2-3 years they forgot ? or during or after the election ? lets say they did not read this thread ? ..

Just imagine a simple post or topic or a question like asking "Who won the presidential election ?" would mean that you can no longer post in this forum .... madali mag ban pag new member, the user can can easily create a new name and all is well diba ?. . but can you as a moderator ban an old time member ? medjo mahirap ata for the moderator .. diba ?
qguy
Master
Master

Postby arnoldc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:27 am

qguy, you are trying to complicate a simple matter. you speculate and create scenarios..

NO moderator has the capability to ban, to begin with. That capability is reserved to vintage_dog.

So if you ask me, if someone would violate the rule and I have moderator rights, that thread or topic will be erased, regardless of who posted it.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby trauma » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:30 am

again very Sayang.

Wiredstate is the first site i log onto every day and sometimes there are current events that touches on politics that are posted and therein lies in interesting terms the diversity of subjects that will make an audiophile aware of whats going on in every aspect of life that I would otherwise treat as trivialities.

Sayang because as Catholics our mandate is to spread the Word. AND
seldom does anyone show their wrong religious inclinations in a forum where Catholics are erudite, armed and ready to re-take a lost lamb.

Sayang because no one among us was interested in that lamb but were instead driven to panic attacks that lead to the banning of all religious and political ideas.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Audiogeek » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:55 am

Peace Brothers!. May be in silence, we can do something positive and change for the better. I agree with the new WS policy to focus on our collective interest.
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 am

arnoldc wrote:There are many other forums where you can "discuss" politics, by all means, join those forums.

i agree with sir Arnold

with regards Banning a member, may i humbly suggest 2 stern warnings would be enough as a reminder.. the 3rd offense on the same topic/thread will remove the offender from WS

have a bright day to ALL 8)
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby trauma » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm

i guess we have discussed this enough and its time to give it a rest
since no argument can repeal a VD commandment.

Just bring on the ergonomic chairs joko jokes and anything about Food that seem to be about Our Collective Interest.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Maybe if we simply stick to the rules, there will be no problems...Rules here were made very SIMPLE already...

There are other sites about Religion and Politics where we could join and express our views/opinions and share our faith...

For WS, our common/collective interest is AUDIO...

The mere fact that we "joined" WS, we accepted at the onset that there are rules to be followed, particularly enforced by the moderators and the administrator himself...in fairness and out of respect to our administrator, I believe he is simply preventing more divisive conflicts and debates particularly on the topics of Religion and Politics - definitely never-ending! Would be unfair also to comment that "no argument can repeal a VD commandment"...this is in the best interest of WS and its members, look at it from that angle...

You may agree or you may not agree - the same thing in the "I am Sorry" thread...BUT at the end of the day, any new topics on Religion and Politics shall not be allowed anymore, and that's the bottomline...

Thanks!
Last edited by Superman on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Superman
Master Showman

Postby philjonc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:57 pm

no ifs, buts...and oops.
i believe by now almost all of us knows the new rule.
we know that its effectively immediately.
and offenders will be automatically banned. (regardless of the number of posts :wink: )
philjonc
Citizen
Citizen

Postby soundpurist » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Tama lang, proper place, proper time. Let's just follow the admin's rule.
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby RacksRUs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 pm

This is a sad day for freedom loving audiophiles. Reminds me of EO 464
RacksRUs

Postby aresti » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:19 pm

RacksRUs wrote:This is a sad day for freedom loving audiophiles. Reminds me of EO 464

If anyone feels like sharing their opinions on politics and/or religion in their exercise of freedom, then may I suggest the following fora:

http://www.philippinepolitics.net/boards/

http://www.politicsforumpoliticalworld.com

http://www.groupsrv.com/religion/
aresti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 pm

RacksRUs wrote:This is a sad day for freedom loving audiophiles. Reminds me of EO 464

There are other sites (as posted by aresti) where you can express your opinions, etc. on Politics and Religion...If you feel sad about this rule, sorry about that...BUT we must ALL follow the rules here in WS as a responsible member...and IMHO I do not think with this simple rule there's no more freedom here at WS. Check the Bikini Bottom Thread... :D

OT: Are you the same RacksRUs in PinoyDVD? I believe you've also started some sort of a debate regarding cables sounding better if broken in or not...
Superman
Master Showman

Postby soundpurist » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Cooool. . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm

i feel the opposite

i say i am happy that the new rule is a RE-FOCUS announcement and i agree with our dear Administrator
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby michael corleone » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Don't be blue.Be grateful to aresti.Those are nice links where you can share your political and religious opinions.
michael corleone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mamimili » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:37 pm

VD and a few others developed an interest and were decent enough to put in the effort and cash to get WS going so many others could join in, add, take whatever from the site.

They ask for nothing in return except to follow a few simple rules and that everyone gain something from the WIREDSTATE AUDIO COMMUNITY.
AUDIO, add some fun topics, there is no need for anything else.
Moderators, guidelines are set. Audio is the main reason for this site. Delete this thread. It has no purpose or reason.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:47 pm

i am in full support of this policy, i feel that such subjects does not do any good and only adds more unnecesary arguments, lets keep this site lite and easy. i think jackD summed it up clearly
pigdog
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to TIME OUT!