Re: Boxing/MMA General Discussion:(Anthony Joshua)

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Re: Hopkins vs Dawson: April 29 in Manila

Postby joejet » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 am

Behop has done the the most remote possible feat for a boxer to acheive at his age. the guy has full of surprises. But I think Dawson will outwork him. Dawson's youth and equally fast hands will be a too much for Behop.. But hey, I root for Behop. I still want the old man to win...
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Pinoy pride 14: Nietes vs Salguero

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Will Salguero beats Nietes as promise? o yabang lang to? lol
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Chavez vs Martinez

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 am

who got the edge on this fight?
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Chavez vs Martinez

Postby joejet » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:who got the edge on this fight?

Martinez I believe. Chavez is reckless. His defense sucks. He comes forward to pressure and to brawl with opponents. He's easy to figure out. But he's inherited his dad's chin and toughness to absorb hits. That's his biggest asset. Skill wise, Martinez
edges Junior by a wide margin. Pero BAI, how many times have we seen bouts where a relentless fighter overwhelms an opponent? Marami di ba? I will not miss this fight. I prefer to see this than Canelo Alvarez vs. Jossesito Lopez.
Chavez Junior is all brawn while Martinez is more of a complete fighter. My take, Martinez wins by knockout. And its GBP vs Top Rank in Pay per view come fight night. Magkasabay na laban to sa opposing Promotions.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm

joejet wrote:
pinoy_usa8 wrote:who got the edge on this fight?

Martinez I believe. Chavez is reckless. His defense sucks. He comes forward to pressure and to brawl with opponents. He's easy to figure out. But he's inherited his dad's chin and toughness to absorb hits. That's his biggest asset. Skill wise, Martinez
edges Junior by a wide margin. Pero BAI, how many times have we seen bouts where a relentless fighter overwhelms an opponent? Marami di ba? I will not miss this fight. I prefer to see this than Canelo Alvarez vs. Jossesito Lopez.
Chavez Junior is all brawn while Martinez is more of a complete fighter. My take, Martinez wins by knockout. And its GBP vs Top Rank in Pay per view come fight night. Magkasabay na laban to sa opposing Promotions.

Its quite confusing where to lean, on w/c boxer you will side. your analysis was right bai, but this young Chavez is tricky now after Roach trained him. he did a lot of improvements & sharpened his skills.

@ 37 yrs of age, Martinez is still quick but i never saw him take a hard punch to the head & body while Chavez is & he's a head hunter- a good body digger.

Its young vs experienced. Chavez has more stamina than the aging Martinez. I bet Chavez' gameplan is to tire-up Martinez from opening through wicked body punch. while Martinez will save his gas tank through end game to survive.

With these bai, I'll go with the young Chavez via UD through points, the only way Martinez can win this fight is to knock out this kid.

A very good rabbit punch.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joejet » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 pm

yes Bai. Junior is continuously learning under Roach's guidance. And i hope he has learned a few defense tricks. He can breakdown Martinez with pure come-forward unabated pressure. A chip off the old block with pure brawler mentality. That's what junior is. His stamina and granite chin will be his best defenses while trying to corner and outwork Martinez. Very interesting and exciting fight.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

This must be a good fight. For $69.95 PPV (HD) + tax? and $49.95/ person for the exclusive close-circuit?
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Your prediction: Chavez Jr vs Sergio Martinez (Sunday)

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:49 am

We've seen a boxing match this year but this is a fight everybody's been waiting-- the middleweight kingpins.

On "Face-Off", Sergio was really hot, taliking trash & fuming mad at Junior right on his face. I hope on fight night he wont get too much excited & bring all the emotions on the ring because if he will Chavez will destroy him.

Chavez is still a baby for a mega fight showdown like this. A raw to say, but considering his height, age, reach & weight advantage coming on this fight, sunday in Manila. He's got the edge. He's capable of putting a 20 pounds into his body after rehydrating inside 24 hrs, then use his weight to bully & press Sergio to the corner on a brute force & make him work every single round without any let up or rest. No breathing space for Martinez and Chavez can do this because he's still 26.

Martinez is still riding a popularity even until now on his KO of the year with Williams & he's still not getting over it. He has a great legs with lethal power on his right-- & this makes him a dangerous to his opponent because he has a good foot work (a former soccer player & cyclist) while doing the back pedal, putting his hands down or by hiding it--but that was 3 yrs way back. Question is, can he still do it now @ age 37 or Is he over hyped?

Martinez & Chavez will finally duke it out this weekend, who will be the best among middleweights.If Junior will lose, its only just a lose on the paper & still can make money for his incoming fights & can grab any of the alphabet straps. How about Martinez if he loses on this one? At 37, do you think his stock market will rise? I cant imagine how boxing bodies are trying to figure it out. Martinez is the favorite on all sportbooks & the number 3 pound for pound & yet his prize money or purse on this fight he's getting is only $1.4M, while Chavez' $3M. (well, no wonder, a no brainer why Pacquiao doesnt want a rematch w/ Bradley & choses Marquez instead---$20M guarantee, plus plus plus)

Honestly, Its hard to make predictions on this fight, but my heart goes to Chavez.

On sunday, we will find all the answer.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 am

Chavez Jr KD Martinez on the last round.

http://www.boxingmma.tk/2012/09/chavez- ... -live.html
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Martinez survived the knockdown (video replay)

Postby dimfer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 am

what a fight for Martinez.. he exposed Chavez' limitations as a boxer... almost like watching a boxing clinic
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Chavez Jr KD Martinez on the last round.

http://www.boxingmma.tk/2012/09/chavez- ... -live.html

salamat sa link. entertaining fight!
Quiel
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Martinez survived the knockdown (video replay)

Postby joejet » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm

The kid is really tough. Absorbing shots from 1 to 11 rounds he never showed any signs that he was hurt at all. In the 12th round I thought he was gonna pull one of those come-from-behind knock- outs against Martinez. it was a life and death moment for Martinez. and because of that round, we may see another match up of these two warriors. Great fight..
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Villoria vs Marquez: sunday in Mla

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am

can Villoria unify the belts?
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Villoria vs Marquez: sunday in Mla

Postby joejet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm

This is toss-up match. Both fighters possess power, speed and athleticism though Viloria being the more agile than Marquez. These are two explosive fighters and I expect a very entertaining bout. I believe this bout will end up in a knock out. I hope its the other guy. Not ours.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 pm

joejet wrote:This is toss-up match. Both fighters possess power, speed and athleticism though Viloria being the more agile than Marquez. These are two explosive fighters and I expect a very entertaining bout. I believe this bout will end up in a knock out. I hope its the other guy. Not ours.

Marquez is good, but Villoria is very confident. so, w/c is w/c?

WBA/WBO straps on the line.

We have to watch this fight.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Gesta vs Vasquez

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am

the 1st title crack of Gesta,...................................
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Gesta vs Vasquez:

Postby joejet » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Malaki kumpyansa ko sa bata na to. I predict Gesta wins by KO.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Bradley vs Provodnikov

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 am

Team Bradley are very confident winning tonight, morning in Manila today.

But Im going for Provodnikov <<< w/c Roach trained this kid.

I think he got the power to beat Bradley. If Bradley will taste it, he might fight dirty-- going for a headbutt
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Is Zhou Shimming good enough for Villoria?

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 pm

A 3 times olympic gold medalist Shimming will be seen in action for his 1st pro debut fight.

Let us see, if he's really that good, enough to fight Villoria by end of this year.

(his fiancee is)
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to TIME OUT!