Tribia Filipiniana

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Re: Tribia Filipiniana

Postby Jon Agner » Wed May 20, 2015 8:34 pm

onedown wrote:of more recent vintage ...
dm transit [aka death machine]. up banned these buses from entering the campus for numeroucs
jd transit
walang tindigan bus at pesos 1.50 [operated by mmtc]. end of the route in qc is ateneo, in front of the blue eagle gym.

JD transit din sinasakyan ko noon from makati to ortigas ave, DM transit medyo sosyal looking before the MMTC buses came in :)
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby ambel » Wed May 20, 2015 9:11 pm

JD ay lawanit yung body nya. Yung yellow bus ay De Dios Transit route nya ay QC to Airport via Quezon Blvd. Espana,
Taft Baclaran and Airport. Sa EDSA naman ay California Bus Line going to Airport and Monumento.
Yung skating rink sa Cubao ay nasa loob ng Fiesta Carnival ngayon ay Bus Terminal at back of Shopwise across
Ali Mall.
ambel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jazzmanoy » Wed May 20, 2015 10:59 pm

bb3 wrote:Heto pa isa.

Sirit na! Sino 'to? :?:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jazzmanoy » Wed May 20, 2015 11:42 pm

May kapatid ang JD bus, ang MD bus, identical to JD sharing the same color (red) and plying the same route. I think they also share the same terminal. Talking of colors, there's a green one called Yujuico. These were the buses I used to ride to and from Mendiola when I still stay in Project 4. Fare was P0.25 then, di pa uso aircon sa bus but nobody complains as traffic is not as terrible as today. During rainy days, windows are up closed and you cant see nothing as windows then were also made of lawanit. During rush hours, buses were already jam packed when they reach Mendiola. I would then walk all the way from Mendiola to Quiapo just to get a seat. Sadly, twice na hold up ako ng mga goons lurking in c.m. Recto. I was left with nothing... Kahit pamasahe wala. Nevertheless, i still take a bus and just rely on good samaritans who will take pity after i share to them my misfortune. Fortunately hindi naman ako na bobokya! :lol: Yan ang storya ng grade school days ko back then. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bb3 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:26 am

Jazzmanoy wrote:
bb3 wrote:Heto pa isa.

Sirit na! Sino 'to? :?:

Pancho Pantera.
Uncle Bob used to advertise this choc drink. There was even a Pancho Pantera doll to promote the product.
bb3
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Jazzmanoy wrote:During rainy days, windows are up closed and you cant see nothing as windows then were also made of lawanit.

:D :D :D
Mamimili ka, mababasa ka sa pawis o sa ulan? :D :D :D
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:10 am

A video clip of Manila from 42 years ago.
Look at the buses, mini skirts, people washing clothes and swimming in the river...

https://www.facebook.com/PhilippinesMyPhilippines/videos/684084761620606/
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby choyb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:15 pm

zenaudio wrote:A video clip of Manila from 42 years ago.
Look at the buses, mini skirts, people washing clothes and swimming in the river...

https://www.facebook.com/PhilippinesMyPhilippines/videos/684084761620606/

Thanks for sharing.
The population of the Philippines then was 38.6 million!
Impact & effect of an uncontrolled additional 62million Filipinos by 2015?... !!!
choyb
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to TIME OUT!