The MOST quiet Aircon

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Postby hypertriode » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:48 am

national/panasonic bro. check out the aircons at my two stores. the newer one has a built in ionizer and even has a "quiet" mode :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby John Martin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:01 am

yup. got the 2hp split inverter model and it proves to be super efficient, thus electric bill. Though I know there are more quiet brands, im not sure of reliability.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby keith » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:45 pm

John,

Is there a 2 HP inverter already? I thought biggest was the 1.75HP?
keith
walastick

Postby John Martin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Sorry, its the 1.75hp but if you read the energy feature, its even stronger as a 2hp standard.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

silent aircon

Postby brady » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:23 am

Mag Sirs... why not use split-type AND install ducting. Like in recording studios/rooms
brady
Citizen
Citizen

Re: silent aircon

Postby quarterback » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:30 pm

brady wrote:Mag Sirs... why not use split-type AND install ducting. Like in recording studios/rooms

There are two types of fan coil units: wall and ceiling mounted.

Wall mounted is cheaper option because you save on the ducting and piping.

Ceiling mounted units are generally more expensive than wall mounted. Also you will incur added cost on pipings and ducting. You also need larger clearnce between the ceiling and the upper slab. Unless you really have a big listening room and big budget, wall mounted fcus are more practical. The cost difference will go a long way at the Bikini Bottom. :wink: :wink:
quarterback
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:06 am

Just had my National Panasonic 1 1/2 hp inverter series split installed in our bedroom yesterday. It sure is very quiet in and outside. Problem is we can now hear the ticking of our wallclock. The temperature was constant thru out the night, unlike our old wall type AC which has noticeable temperature fluctuations when the compresor cycles. Will give feedback later on once electric bills come :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby John Martin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:33 am

skee6 wrote:Just had my National Panasonic 1 1/2 hp inverter series split installed in our bedroom yesterday. It sure is very quiet in and outside. Problem is we can now hear the ticking of our wallclock. The temperature was constant thru out the night, unlike our old wall type AC which has noticeable temperature fluctuations when the compresor cycles. Will give feedback later on once electric bills come :)

Hi Skee, Your electric bills are expected to decrease. SIGNIFICANTLY! Congrats.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:05 am

Hi Skee, Your electric bills are expected to decrease. SIGNIFICANTLY! Congrats.[/quote]

John, tried the dry mode setting overnight. It was indeed extremely quiet and comfortable. Its comparable to centralized aircon system in hotel rooms. :) I am sure our electric bills will go down. I hope they come up with smaller capacity splits in the future. I highly recommend this new generation inverter series AC.
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby John Martin » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:08 am

Be careful in using dry mode, baka magka sore throat ka niyan due to low humidity. That's the setback of the Dry mode.
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby skeesix » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:22 am

I know what you mean. In some hotel rooms where we layover, I place a glass of water on the side table, or sprinkle the carpet with water. I find leaving the bathroom door ajar too close for comfort, specially for a snorer like me. I tend to sleep with my mouth open, hence dry and perhaps sorethroat. :( This usually happens during our flights to the Middle East where the air is very dry. :(
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: The MOST quiet Aircon

Postby iceman90a » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:59 pm

raising up an old topic: what HP would you recommend for a small room - 4m x 3m, with a low ceiling?

thanks
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hyperion » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

iceman90a wrote:raising up an old topic: what HP would you recommend for a small room - 4m x 3m, with a low ceiling?

thanks

0.6-0.8hp is ideal
Hyperion

Do you have an IDEC?

Postby O.D. Yeo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 pm

does anyone have any experience with the cheap-o IDEC split advertised in Inq @ P16.5k for 1 hp and 18.5k for the 1.5 hp?
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Do you have an IDEC?

Postby zetroce » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 pm

O.D. Yeo wrote:does anyone have any experience with the cheap-o IDEC split advertised in Inq @ P16.5k for 1 hp and 18.5k for the 1.5 hp?

Hi Billy,

I have an idec 1.5 hp which i have been using for 4 years now. It's good and can cool our 30 sq. m room well. No problems with the evaporator nor the compressor, but i have replaced the thermistor 5 or 6 times already. I'm just not so sure with the later models. It was quiet for the first 3 years, but when they replaced the evaporator motor fan, that was when the noise came out. Apparently, the motor is already a replacement since the original one is no longer being manufactured. It must have something to do with motor support not fitting very well into the frame. But the noise goes away after about 45 minutes.

Maybe they have improved their later models. The older model use a Hitachi Compressor.

If you were to ask me if i will buy another Idec, i would probably go for the branded ones like Panasonic or Samsung.
;)
zetroce
Master
Master

Re:

Postby merlin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:24 pm

skeesix wrote:Just ordered a 1 1/2 hp split type National Panasonic inverter series for our bedroom. Feedback from friends their electric bills dropped considerably with this new technology. Will provide feedback on the noise level once installed. :?

The inverter feature is TRUE. The 2HP Panasonic split type has the same consumption vs. 1 HP window type. Mas tahimik pa ;) Although the downside is mas mahal ang installation and cleaning :worried:
merlin
Legend
Legend

Re: Re:

Postby Hyperion » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 pm

merlin wrote:
skeesix wrote:Just ordered a 1 1/2 hp split type National Panasonic inverter series for our bedroom. Feedback from friends their electric bills dropped considerably with this new technology. Will provide feedback on the noise level once installed. :?

The inverter feature is TRUE. The 2HP Panasonic split type has the same consumption vs. 1 HP window type. Mas tahimik pa ;) Although the downside is mas mahal ang installation and cleaning :worried:

Um hindi ba free ang installation? and since split type ... its much easier to DIY clean if the external compressor is accessible. However the fan unit is tricky to take apart and assemble together hehe ...

I just bought an inverter type Ref a few months ago and the electric bill saving is like P1k compared to old Ref per month too. I plan to replace my bedroom window type AC with inverter split type din.
Hyperion

Re: Re:

Postby merlin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Hyperion wrote:
merlin wrote:

Um hindi ba free ang installation? and since split type ... its much easier to DIY clean if the external compressor is accessible. However the fan unit is tricky to take apart and assemble together hehe ...

I just bought an inverter type Ref a few months ago and the electric bill saving is like P1k compared to old Ref per month too. I plan to replace my bedroom window type AC with inverter split type din.

Hansen, the freebie is the 10 ft. copper tube. You'll be charged for the excess tube and installation which is around 2,500 to 3,500 per unit. Agree with you on the inverter feature for the ref ;)
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby SD-6 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:46 am

I did a side by side comparison between the 2.0HP split inverter ACs. My priority was operating cost (EER of 13.0BTU/HW or better) and indoor sound level.

At the moment I am favoring the LG because of the Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 13.2BTU/HW. I have to mention Samsung as it has the longest compressor warranty at 10 years, a 27db indoor sound level and WiFi. The drawback are the slightly lower EER at 13.0BTU/HW and costs more.

The lowest price of the two LG Inverters that I think are 2013 models?
LG Split Type Premium Inverter 2.0HP HS-18IPI is P37,200
LG Split Type Standard Inverter 2.0HP HS-18ISI for P32,998

Based on this chart 40db sounds like a Library, bird calls (44 dB); lowest limit of urban ambient sound and 30db is a quiet rural area.

It was reported on Friday, October 31, 2014 that the power rates up P0.04/kWh starting Jan. 2015 as ERC OKs TransCo request (GMA News Online). So it is somewhat timely to plan.

Update: There appears to be a 2014 LG Split Type Premium Inverter 2.0HP Model # HS-18IPB claiming an indoor sound level of 19db. It wasn’t published on LG Philippine’s website so I have to call or visit a brick & mortar store to verify the tech spec. This 2.0HP model has 1.5HP and 1.0HP counterparts with the 19db claim. Hopefully the EER of the LG HS-18IPB is 13.2BTU/HW or better.
SD-6
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:12 am

am quite happy with the panasonic econavi models....i noticed not on your short list. would be nice to measure their noise level too
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TIME OUT!