Pacquiao vs GGG

contains off-topic and miscellaneous discussions on anything and everything other than audio -- jokes, inspirational articles.

Moderators: audiostar, dante

Pacquiao vs GGG

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 am

Was it for the money?

Was it really an off night w/ him during the 1st fight?

His pride?
Or there's still something left in him?

Will history repeat by itself, last November 2003?

I dont think MAB will handle PAC's firepower. MAB is too slow. Seen those last 2 fights of Marco? I would say round 8 tko this time.[/b]
    [code][/code]
    Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 393 times in total.
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 am

Money....everyone wants to fight manny pacquiao because of the money involved. I would fight manny as long as i take home a million dollars...jab palang ni manny, papatumba na ako then retire. :D

I think barrera will lose...matanda na and scarred na siya. marquez would be a better fight against manny. Marquez is a smart fighter. much smarter than barrera. However, if you notice the way manny fought marquez an barrera before and how he fights now is very different. Before jab jab straight...jab jab straight....now he has left hook right hook and lots of combos.

I just hope manny does not end up big headed and lose like tyson.
    handyboy
    Pound for Pound

Postby Raikkonen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:30 pm

I think this fight is about honor, more than the money. Maybe Barrera cannot accept the fact that he was beaten by Pacquiao. :D
    Raikkonen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:41 am

handyboy wrote:Money....everyone wants to fight manny pacquiao because of the money involved. I would fight manny as long as i take home a million dollars...jab palang ni manny, papatumba na ako then retire. :D

I think barrera will lose...matanda na and scarred na siya. marquez would be a better fight against manny. Marquez is a smart fighter. much smarter than barrera. However, if you notice the way manny fought marquez an barrera before and how he fights now is very different. Before jab jab straight...jab jab straight....now he has left hook right hook and lots of combos.

I just hope manny does not end up big headed and lose like tyson.

yes, fame & fortune.
    kahit pipitsugin ka, basta makalaban mo si Manny, sikat ka na rin at bukod doon, tataas pa ang market mo. (except Marquez ha, when he took that fight w/ Chris John in Indonesia sa baryang $30G) But now, he's back anyway.

fortune kaya 'tong boarding pass na ito at sombrero, w/ Manny's signature after 15 to 20 years from now?

[img][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/pinoy_usa8/hen1008001.jpg[/img][/img]
    Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:04 am

Raikkonen wrote:I think this fight is about honor, more than the money. Maybe Barrera cannot accept the fact that he was beaten by Pacquiao. :D

Mexican are knowned to that, "palabra". but,..
    we have to remember that Golden Boy & Top Rank had an agreement that we dont know.
    who knows, they will let Barrera win the October fight and let the PAC-MAB III to happen, for more money in their pocket. (boxers too).

palagay mo? possibli rin, di ba?
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby Bedroom Eyes » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:43 am

Maybe after their fight he want to visit Manila and shoot another San Miguel Beer commercial :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Bedroom Eyes
    Master
    Master

Postby Raikkonen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:35 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:
    Raikkonen wrote:I think this fight is about honor, more than the money. Maybe Barrera cannot accept the fact that he was beaten by Pacquiao. :D

we have to remember that Golden Boy & Top Rank had an agreement that we dont know.
    who knows, they will let Barrera win the October fight and let the PAC-MAB III to happen, for more money in their pocket. (boxers too).

Manny will send him to his retirement, I think Paquiao is being prepared by some promoters to unify all superfeather weight belts! :D
    Raikkonen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby SoLiDtUbEs » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:40 pm

he wants to get some more punishment hehe
    SoLiDtUbEs
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby handyboy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:

thats soooooo possible!!!!
    handyboy
    Pound for Pound

Postby yahoohoohoo! » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:57 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:

yan ang nakakatakot na scenario dyan :shock:

after darlene's knockout blow and finkel's damage suit, i hope manny would still have the power to overcome the barrera obstacle in his path. let's not forget that barrera wants to prove something and he'll go all out in what could be the last fight of his carrer :!:

i just hope that $10M would be enough to motivate pacquiao to go for a much needed win :twisted:
    yahoohoohoo!
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 am

After 4 years, finally we have 2 new World Champions.
    IBF minimum, "little pacman" Condes(thru split decision of the former reigning Rachman) and

IBF/IBO fly Flash Donaire(via 5th round KO to undefeated (not anymore) Vic Darchinyan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmuin9Z6s7E&NR=1

Are we now dominating the lower weight class?

Mabuhay ang Pinoy, may ibubuga. pang world class na pala tayo.
    (bowling, billiard, boxing, mountain climbing & etc)
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby ttommy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:58 am

Sh*t, I missed this! Had some friends over to watch UFC 73 and was also taping Klitschko/Brewster that I overlooked Showtime.

Damn, just watched the KO on youtube, that was brutal!! Even though I admire Vic Darchinyan's punching power, nakakasar ang ngiting aso niya. Sobra gid ka tikalon bi, he even mentioned challenging Manny P... Beh, buti nga.
    ttommy
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby usai » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:35 am

ttommy wrote: Sobra gid ka tikalon bi

Piho gid eh! Inchakto ka gid.
    usai
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby ttommy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:51 am

Just watched the replay and this fight almost brought me to tears... for one, to those not familiar with Vic Darchinyan, he's as intimidating a figure in the flyweight division as Prince Naseem Hamed was in his day. Both fighters are similar in that they were unorthodox, usually got to their opponents mentally, had good punching power and preferred to finish their fights (unlike most of professional "boxers," which has caused the sport's demise on the hands of MMA, but that's another story).

Nonito Donaire entered the ring to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger," which I thought too cheesy, until I saw the look in his eye! All throughout the fight he showed he wasn't intimidated, he dictated the tempo, countered when Darchinyan threw his best, and at times, even displayed a degree of contempt (for Darchinyan's sluggishness or wild throws) that recalls Barrera's dismantling of Hamed's but without Barrera's dirty tricks, e.g. banging Hamed's head on the ring post. Donaire also made me think that, finally, here's a Filipino fighter (aside from Pacman who listens to his corner religiously) who can think on his feet. On top of that, not only does he show his charisma and intelligence during the post fight interview, he also displayed a lot of class.

Personally, I watch a lot of MMA and boxing, had watched UFC from the start, never missed a Pride (I don't watch KOTC *but* I watch Fight Girls :lol:), lurk at Sherdog although the only MMA event I had watched live was UFC 32 at NJ back in 2001. Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a Filipino fighter since, well, Brandon Vera (who's half-pinoy)... because Packy doesn't count, since he's, well, god, lol.
    ttommy
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 am

ttommy wrote:Sh*t, I missed this! Had some friends over to watch UFC 73 and was also taping Klitschko/Brewster that I overlooked Showtime.

Damn, just watched the KO on youtube, that was brutal!! Even though I admire Vic Darchinyan's punching power, nakakasar ang ngiting aso niya. Sobra gid ka tikalon bi, he even mentioned challenging Manny P... Beh, buti nga.

(firstly, on Klitschko vs Brewster, its a no match fight. jab all night long by Klits to Brews' repaired retina will keep him winning unanimously)

Well, Darchinyan said after that devastating power left hook he took, he wasnt hurt at all, even we saw the rubbery/vegeatables legs he had. (tikalon jud, to') He saw himself when he KO Gabi, But Dado wasnt bleeding.
    Now, VD dont know yet what to do, whether/either will ask a rematch (if there's a clause), or go up to superfly division and try his luck for the vacant IBO. If VD will capture the IBO superfly, Donaire will face him again because its Donaire's original weight class.

But Team Donaire have other something in mind, they're gunning for the dangerous WBC fly Pongsaklek of Thailand (65-2-34), who took the WBC belt since 2001, defended 17 times w/ a 34 seconds record, 1st round KO, shorter than Michael Spinks & Mike Tyson's 1st round KO.
    Do you think Donaire (19-1-11) can wrestle the WBC belt?

Other options:
    There are good Mexicans who are rated 1 & 2 (if VD dont have a rematch clause) how about Brian Villoria?,.... Team Donaire are not interested w/ the same pinoy boxer. Donaire brothers, Nony & Glen got lost to Brian during the olympic finals. Do you remember when Glen was TKO'ed by Z Gorres in the 1st round, on the undercard of Morales vs Pacquiao I (we shared the room together w/ penalosa & gorres)

Any other option for Nony?
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby ttommy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:41 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Do you think Donaire (19-1-11) can wrestle the WBC belt?

Honestly before the Darchinyan fight, I've never heard of Nony at all. I had watched Glen's fight as well as most VD fights on Showtime but I haven't been following any Pinoy boxer aside from Pacquaio. Pacman, I've followed since he was an amateur fighting on Vintage Sports (Channel 13 ba 'yon?). Besides, it's very seldom Pinoy boxers get shown in US TV. And I'm not about supporting Pinoys just "for the sake of", so, no, I'm not impressed with Viloria as well. But from hereon, I'll keep a closer eye on Nonito.

As for Thai boxers, sorry haven't heard of Pongsaklek (I'm more into their Muai Thai fighters-- Buakaw, Kaoklai, etc.)
    ttommy
    Citizen
    Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:57 pm

Aside from Manny vs Marco II to watch on Oct. 26, here are some others boxers and fight to add on your calendar.

Amonsot vs Katsidis,....will he add up the phils' crown.

Pongsaklek vs Donaire,... will Nony can unify the belt? and be the Ringside Magazine #1 flyweight?

Condes, to undercard in Manny's fight in Mandalay.

Denoy, the uprising/promising kid.

Mark this, too;

Boom Boom and Gerry Penalosa for the World Cup, will Gerry can make it once again & to be the WBO champ? before retiring?
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:57 pm

pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:04 am

accdg to line up,

"one down, two to go",..to wipe them up totally & put them to retirement permanently.
    the hardest fight for Manny, could be Juanita Manuelita

[img][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/pinoy_usa8/juanitamanuela.jpg[/img][/img]
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Can Amonsot grab that WBA belt?
    He said, he's in very good condition, but the last 3 fights of Czar was not that so convincing enough. But the famous ALA owner said, Amonsot has a big chance because of his tip top shape.

Hopkins vs Wright
    Bernard Hopkins, the future hall of famer 42 yrs old, middleweight undisputed, (47-4-1, 32 KOs) defended his belt 20 times before retiring. now he's back, light heavy (ring mag) belt is on the line, at a catch weight of 170#.
    Winky Wright, 35 yrs old, (47-4-1, 32 KOs) the master-breaker conqueror of Felix Trinidad. When they fought in 2005, Winky scored unanimously from 1 to 12 rounds, Felix never had, even a one round. in fact, its negative score for Felix because there were some points deducted from him in the middle round, if i remember it right. After that fateful night for Trinidad, he retires.

For these, I will still go for Winky, he got a brilliant defense. I think Hopkins cant penentrate Wright or break his air tight defense.

ABS CBN will have a delayed live telecast this sunday morning, (manila time) from Mandalay Bay in Vegas
    Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pinoy_usa8
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Next

Return to TIME OUT!