Amphion Ion+

Post your listening experiences, impressions, reviews of audio systems and equipment.

Moderators: Hyperion, audiostar

Amphion Ion+

Postby cia » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Recently acquired the Amphion Ion+ bookshelf speakers from Whole Sound Still in the break in stage, but already exhibiting it's potential SQ.
For those familiar with the sound of the LS35a, the ion+ Highs and mids are quite close. IMO, however bass is more natural with the ions. These speakers excel when used for near field listening.
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Amphion Ion+

Postby keith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Tito, post naman ng pictures ;-)
keith
walastick

Postby Superman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Congratulations, 'insan! Sleepless nights na naman I'm sure :)
Superman
Master Showman

Postby august » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 am

Congratulations cia!

My wife fell in love with those speakers the first time she saw and heard them. Whenever we are in BCG, we never fail to drop by Frank’s and listen to the Amphion Ion+. We found that the NuForce Icon Amp and the iDo mate well with the Ion+. In fact we are seriously getting the said speakers for her office (we already have the NuForce components).

With your indulgence, here are some pics I took at Wholesound. I second Keith’s request for pics of your Ion+/system...

august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby cia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi August

I wish I could post pics of the system. Due to the fact that I was born and grew up during the analog years, I don't know how to post digital pics here. :o my ions are black.

You mentioned nuforce.......I use the DDA100 for the ions. Additionally for listening to internet radio I.e spotify and skyfm, I use either my Ipad or android phone connected by bluetooth to the dda using the nuforce btr100. Quite convenient since no cable needed except from btr to dda, need an optical cable. Am pretty sold on nuforce products.

I am sure your wife and office mates will enjoy the ions. Bill na......
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Equipment Reviews, Listening Impressions