OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD (BUYER & SELLER)

(combined Hardware and Tubes forum). For regular members only with minimum 50 posts. Please read Guidelines before posting

Moderator: dante

Postby Raf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:40 pm

n/a
Last edited by Raf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Location: If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Postby audiostar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:44 pm

audiostar wrote:May I kindly request that you just PM one another - mods

It's quite clear that I was making a request. It's so different from telling you what to do.
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby Raf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

N/A
Last edited by Raf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Raf wrote:
audiostar wrote:Okay bro you can post, but as long as it will not cause further animosity to those involved - mods

this came later

This was in answer to marty's querry if he should pm those involved and after I found out that he also became a party to whole mess. Again what was wrong with me asking for sobriety? As far as I know, censorship is when you suddenly find your post deleted as had happened in the past.
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby vintage_dog » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 pm

audiostar wrote:As far as I know, the transaction happened in another forum,, to be specific, the Pinoybazzar. What has WS got to do with a transaction that happened outside its premises? To make matters worst, the seller posted the same item at WS. The problem became complicated when the seller posted his feedback against the buyer at WS in a transaction which happened in the other forum. This is why I stated in my reply to settle the problem between them via pm so as not to drag WS into the whole mess. I later found out that Marty became involved when he bought the item which was also posted at WS. This the very reason why I said he could post as long as it would not cause further animosity between the warring party. What is wrong with trying to prevent verbal sparks?

The posts were deleted by the parties involved, thank God. The posts were full of expletives, to say the least.

Just don't drag WS into a fight which happened outside. I hope I have made my point clear.

guys, i fully agree with val. let's not drag WS into some issues started elsewhere. frankly, we have much too many issues already to try to rectify or even just understand what happened with transactions done elsewhere. mods are doing their jobs to maintain the peace in the forums while ensuring everyone else is heard.

while parties have explained their sides, let's just leave things "as is". let the parties resolve the matter among themselves outside on a transaction done outside. even for conflicts within WS buyers/sellers, we encourage folks to use the fone or email to clarify and resolve things off line before even posting every conflict.

thinking aloud now, i am inclined to remove this thread on buyer/seller feedback altogether. the buy/sell transaction is a unique event between a particular buyer and seller. it is a private transaction. WS can not and should not get involved in the process other than ensure the item/sale is legit (no drugs, legal, etc.) and the transaction is within the WS guidelines. WS can not vouch for any seller/buyer and we leave that up to the community to determine which sellers or buyers to avoid or patronize.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby handyboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
audiostar wrote:As far as I know, the transaction happened in another forum,, to be specific, the Pinoybazzar. What has WS got to do with a transaction that happened outside its premises? To make matters worst, the seller posted the same item at WS. The problem became complicated when the seller posted his feedback against the buyer at WS in a transaction which happened in the other forum. This is why I stated in my reply to settle the problem between them via pm so as not to drag WS into the whole mess. I later found out that Marty became involved when he bought the item which was also posted at WS. This the very reason why I said he could post as long as it would not cause further animosity between the warring party. What is wrong with trying to prevent verbal sparks?

The posts were deleted by the parties involved, thank God. The posts were full of expletives, to say the least.

Just don't drag WS into a fight which happened outside. I hope I have made my point clear.

guys, i fully agree with val. let's not drag WS into some issues started elsewhere. frankly, we have much too many issues already to try to rectify or even just understand what happened with transactions done elsewhere. mods are doing their jobs to maintain the peace in the forums while ensuring everyone else is heard.

while parties have explained their sides, let's just leave things "as is". let the parties resolve the matter among themselves outside on a transaction done outside. even for conflicts within WS buyers/sellers, we encourage folks to use the fone or email to clarify and resolve things off line before even posting every conflict.

thinking aloud now, i am inclined to remove this thread on buyer/seller feedback altogether. the buy/sell transaction is a unique event between a particular buyer and seller. it is a private transaction. WS can not and should not get involved in the process other than ensure the item/sale is legit (no drugs, legal, etc.) and the transaction is within the WS guidelines. WS can not vouch for any seller/buyer and we leave that up to the community to determine which sellers or buyers to avoid or patronize.

I believe its better to have this thread taken out.
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby miguelmd » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Sir audiostar, stereophile and VD couldn't have said it any better! What masterful work and dedication, your honors! Kudos to all of you sirs!

mitchmd
miguelmd

Postby Raf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 am

N/A
Last edited by Raf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dante » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 am

Hi Raf. I wonder if you were able to catch this thread early enough to read the exchange between ctlim and mrquery before those gentlemen edited their posts? The exchange between them was very heated and I was tempted to butt in myself at that time (and I am not even a mod) to appeal to the two to cool it. After all, we are all friends here. Audiostar must have read the unedited versions of their posts as well, and it was in the context of peacekeeping that I believe he asked martye to PM his comments, and later, to suggest perhaps the use of cooler language to a public posting, when marty said that he wanted to air his own comments on the issue. I do not presume to speak for Audiostar, who I know to be an advocate of unbridled expression, but I have to say that the context of his posts appear to have been lost with the edits made by the original posters to their more emotional postings.
I am not sure if there is a saved version of those unedited posts, which I think will make you understand where audiostar was coming from.
Peace, Bro!
dante
cool dude

Postby Raf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 am

Senor,

Always good to hear from you and I havent seen enough of you and VD recently.

Yes I saw all of the posts you mention. Your assessment is clear, succint and on the money. And I have no more comments left.

Thank you for your concern!

Raf

dante wrote:Hi Raf. I wonder if you were able to catch this thread early enough to read the exchange between ctlim and mrquery before those gentlemen edited their posts? The exchange between them was very heated and I was tempted to butt in myself at that time (and I am not even a mod) to appeal to the two to cool it. After all, we are all friends here. Audiostar must have read the unedited versions of their posts as well, and it was in the context of peacekeeping that I believe he asked martye to PM his comments, and later, to suggest perhaps the use of cooler language to a public posting, when marty said that he wanted to air his own comments on the issue. I do not presume to speak for Audiostar, who I know to be an advocate of unbridled expression, but I have to say that the context of his posts appear to have been lost with the edits made by the original posters to their more emotional postings.
I am not sure if there is a saved version of those unedited posts, which I think will make you understand where audiostar was coming from.
Peace, Bro!
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 am

so why are you guys still awake???? :D
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby Raf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:34 am

handyboy wrote:so why are you guys still awake???? :D

Sobrang OT pero, listening to Rivofied CJ PV-5 and loving it...you?
Raf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 am

Trying to sleep but i worked out a bit late. My adrenaline still up but my body is tired! will pop some dorms in a bit. :)
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:30 am

handyboy wrote:Trying to sleep but i worked out a bit late. My adrenaline still up but my body is tired! will pop some dorms in a bit. :)

didn't recognize you with your new avatar. i like the old one better :D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JackD201 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:50 am

I'm gonna miss all our max star ratings when this thread goes :cry: :cry: :cry:

May 10 pa ako kay Bradder Keith! :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jon Agner » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 am

JackD201 wrote:I'm gonna miss all our max star ratings when this thread goes :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mukhang ipinamana mo kay Keith lahat ng CDs mo ah :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 am

JackD201 wrote:I'm gonna miss all our max star ratings when this thread goes :cry: :cry: :cry:

kaya nga aalisin na ito eh dahil dun :lol:

4 lang highest, 10 binigay ni keith!!! luto!!! :lol:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pican » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:59 am

I am for retention of this thread, too! Despite what happened, the thread can/will provide good service/info to WS members when dealing with sellers of hardware or software.

Sayang naman ang good points ni Jack pag nawala thread. Sisip!!!
pican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:05 am

Raf wrote:Audiostar,

VD and the elders have spoken with wisdom and I will submitt...but only after this last post.

My goal here is to emphasize a member's rights to air thoughts objectively without fear of hindrance or the feeling of walking on eggshells...treading on thin ice, so to speak

hey raf,

point well taken. i interpret val's original comment as a way of discouraging the 2 parties from taking the issue/misunderstanding into WS....and nothing more, with no intent of "suppressing members' rights to air thoughts objectively".

hey, hope you can make it tonite at dante's...lapit lang from LS.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 am

pican wrote:... Despite what happened, the thread can/will provide good service/info to WS members when dealing with sellers of hardware or software.

why, what happened? :shock:

:lol:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to MARKETPLACE - Audio Hardware