OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD (BUYER & SELLER)

(combined Hardware and Tubes forum). For regular members only with minimum 50 posts. Please read Guidelines before posting

Moderator: dante

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD (BUYER & SELLER)

Postby arnoldc » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:01 am

If you have feedback, either positive or constructive (negative), about a certain buyer, or seller, please post them here.

Please use the following format-

Seller/Buyer's wiredstate username: rating [(worst) 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 (best)]

Item: description

Comments: blah blah blah (put smiley here)

Example:

-----------------------------------------------

bogart: 3

Item: promo girls

Comments: nice to deal with, delivers the goods as promised and in the quality we agreed on. :twisted:

-----------------------------------------------

WARNING: To MSM and others, no off-topic posts please! :D
Last edited by arnoldc on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby audiofilio » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:45 am

This is a good idea... very helpful to newbie buyers/sellers. :)

IHJ - 4 ( and i'm not just being sip-sip )

Clearaudio Emotion TT - got it 2nd hand but in mint condition, complete w/
original packaging, manual and accesories (as stated on the audio marketplace ad)

Used LPs - randomly picked, didn't even noticed that all were US pressings
until I was back in Bacolod. Does he sell local pressings???

I got a very good price for the Emotion TT, which made me an analog-junkie (not sure if that's good) and all LPs I brought back home are in good condition, plus, this one is priceless... the crash course in "everything analog".

Hypertriode - 4 ( not being sip-sip )

Lehmann Audio Black Cube - got it brand new but at a used price.

Sir Hyper... as what I often hear, is really "the man". When I went to his store to buy the phonostage, his phone line was not working ( very bad weather during that time ), and I was gonna pay through creditcard. Rene made the arrangement with the freight forwarder office beside his store so we can connect his omron-machine. And for the short listening session after... thanks!
Last edited by audiofilio on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
audiofilio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:13 am

Listed in no particular order. All these guys are great!

1. Sonny Tuason (can't remember his WS name) - 4 stars!
1.a Unison Research Pre, UR DM (monos), Rotel CDP 1092, Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun, VPI 16.5
1.b Sonny allowed me to audition product after product after product. I'd say Sonny is one of the most patient dealers around. He never hard sells and allows the buyer to make an informed decision based on the buyer's preferences. And price wise, Sonny is one of the best.

2. JackD and Keith, the VSA Boys - 4 stars!

1.a Von Schweikert VR4-JRs
1.b May speakers na, may wine pa! Jack and Keith are the wonder boys of audio and WS. Barkada first, and businessmen only on the side. I have never met a congressman who will literally roll up his sleeves and do stevedore work for a poor fellow like me. Jack personally loaded my JRs with lead shot, and that was no easy task, after which he and Keith manhandled those now-heavy floorstanders to the optimum placement in my acoustically challenged room. Hindi lang yun. After sales support was so fantastic, with this duo coming back to my place time after time to check how the JRs were doing, and tweaking my room treatments to the proper placement. Did I mention wine? Montes Alpha, Ahhh! Muchas gracias, amigos! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Epoy (Bogart) - 4 stars!
3.a Nottingham Spacedeck and Ace Space Arm, Dynavector XX2 Mk2, Dali Ikon 6, Dynavector 10X5 (for my Technics SL-1200 Mk2), Boston Mat, a passle of accessories for the TT, and maybe, a 47Labs Phonocube! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
3.b Epoy is an endless resource for anything audio. We have discussed analog and digital gear hours on end, over Lapid's chicharon and beer, while listening to everythiing, from rock to jazz, and I always end up richer in knowledge of audio. Like all the rest of the guys I have dealt with, there is not an ounce of hard sell in Epoy. Para nga ayaw makabenta. And if your musical taste can be better served by a competitor's product, he will not hesitate to recommend that for you! He set up my TT meticulously and taught me how to properly set up, align, and tweak cartridge placement. The ultimate testimonial I can give about Epoy's ethical business practices is when I bought the XX2 from him. A few days after he delivered and set up the cart for me, he called me up to say that Dynavector just announced the launching of the XX2 Mark 2. He immediately offered to retrieve the cart he has already installed in my TT to be replaced by the Mark 2 when his shipment will arrive. Fantastic dealer, if I may say so!

Haba na nito. I have other dealers that I would like to give my comments about, but that will have to wait for a second post. Hanapbuhay muna...

Mabuhay ang WS!
Last edited by dante on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dante
cool dude

Postby ihatejazz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Mods,
My take is I think this thread must be re-worked. Isn't there a previous thread about favorite sellers? This is exactly a repeat. MSM already expecting fireworks :twisted:
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:58 pm

ihatejazz wrote:Mods,
My take is I think this thread must be re-worked. Isn't there a previous thread about favorite sellers? This is exactly a repeat.

Yup. :wink: Its just gonna be a thread to praise sellers. :o Pataasan na ng bangko. :lol:

Lets face it, Pinoy tayo. :wink: It would be difficult for the typical Pinoy to voice his or her real opinion, especially if its going to "hurt" someone. :evil:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby arnoldc » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:03 pm

Fritz, that's not the intent of this thread.

And as I said, feedback ito- negative or positive. Now, if you're not posting a feedback, I'll delete your post again. :twisted:

You and George stated your thoughts, which well considered. If the other will say no to this thread, then fine with me. I'll just delete the entire thing. But I'd like to hear from the others.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby ihatejazz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:04 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:
ihatejazz wrote:Mods,
My take is I think this thread must be re-worked. Isn't there a previous thread about favorite sellers? This is exactly a repeat.

Yup. :wink: Its just gonna be a thread to praise sellers. :o Pataasan na ng bangko. :lol:

Lets face it, Pinoy tayo. :wink: It would be difficult for the typical Pinoy to voice his or her real opinion, especially if its going to "hurt" someone. :evil:

I was able to search a thread titled: Top 5 sellers ar WS. This thread could be a continuation of the former
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:10 pm

OK, sorry, back to topic. :)

My latest buyer: DCO 8) Rating of 4 8) 8)

Item Bought: IXOS Cables :)

Comments: Sent my cables via Air21 to his place in Bagiuo. :) He texted the next day confirming that he got it. :) He wired the payment the next day. :) Woopeedo :!: I'm richer. 8) 8)

Conclusion: DCO is a good Buyer :!: 8)

Additional Comments: He should have sent me Frat via Air21 too. :(
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby DCO » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:33 pm

Sir MsM,
Good Seller! sent item at once even if he did not receive any payment yet!
Rating 4
Air 21 did not accept Frat.... everyone was scared of him!
:evil:

:) :)
Last edited by DCO on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby KD » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:35 pm

Seller: sinar rating 4

Item: Used Shure M44-7 MM cart with stylus, with Audio-Technica headshell

Comments:

1) Outstanding pictures of the merchandise
2) Accurate description of the merchandise
3) Good price
4) Free and prompt delivery
5) Medyo nataranta lang yung messenger kasi hinahanap sa buong building si KD. eh hindi naman yun ang pangalan ko sa tunay na buhay. :lol: Buti na lang tumawag yumg messenger kay sinar at tinext ako.
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby rascal101 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:41 pm

Seller: boytoy24

Rating: 4

Item: Audio Technica Cart

Comments:

1. Picture and actual as advertised
2. Businesslike transaction
rascal101
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:56 pm

Buyer: AA1 8)

Rating: 4 8) 8)

Item: Alpine CD Changer :)

Comments: Paid me in cold cash :!: :o
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:59 pm

Buyer: TAG 8)

Rating: 4 8) 8)

Items: SR20DE parts :o

Comment: Paid me in cold cash too, + talked about cars and audio. 8)

This thread is HOT :!: :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby Jazzmanoy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:12 pm

Noctilux: Rating: 4. Practically bought all my audio equipments (used) from this fellow, from front end to speakers...including cables. Excellent after sales, generous credit offers, may technical advise pang bonus. Pwedeng hiram kung walang budget. Medyo low profile lang itong tao na 'to kaya itago na lang natin siya sa pangalang NHOCTI.

ihatejazz: Rating: 4. LPs and few analog accessories bought from this gentleman were all in excellent condition. Good price too. Very accomodating and perfect pr. Madali lang mag blush ito kaya itago na lang natin siya sa initials na IHJ.

boytoy: Rating: 4. You will surely won't go wrong when buying LPs from this guy. With all the detailed descriptions and pics in his postings, buyer would definitely get his money's worth. He loves to hide his identity behind his ever changing, glamorous avatars.

recordmogul: Rating: 4. Very accomodating. Excellent after sales. Fairly good price LPs. Gives generous discounts. Pasensyoso. Kulang sa nutrition pero athletic. Itago na lang natin siya sa identity na Mogul ng mga records.

Moderators note: I edited the post because it IS REQUIRED to put in the wiredstate username as I previously stated. No need to riddle.
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby chalapenio » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Sellers: 'venturevul' and 'weatherweather'

Rating: 4

Item: LPs

Comments: these guys just posted once since i joined ws

venturevul - reasonably priced, 180-200 gm, near-mint, new indie artists
weatherweather - cheap near-mint stuff

cheers

p.s. agree with preceding assessments on sellers i deal with; you know who you are
chalapenio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jazzmanoy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Jazzmanoy wrote:
Moderators note: I edited the post because it IS REQUIRED to put in the wiredstate username as I previously stated. No need to riddle.

Ok, no problem...sorry mod. :oops:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby RU9 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:57 am

seller: bogart/architectural audio (aa) rating: 4

Item: Primare CD player

Comments:

11:30 am - called aa, I agreed to get a Primare Cd Player
10:00 am (next day) - Got the Cd player here in Zambo City. That was FAST.
Last edited by RU9 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RU9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby AA 1 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:05 am

Seller: MSM

Rating: 4 :D

Item: Alpine CD Changer / Lightning Fuse Holder

Comments:

- Accurate description of the merchandise
- Great Price
- with Trial Period
- Free Delivery :D 8)
AA 1
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:05 am

RU9, so what's your rating?
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Whew call me a lucky sonofagun all commercial sellers have been really good to me...even before they knew who I was wearing shorts and NO ROLEX.

The big stores not represented in WS I won't mention na anyway 4 stars rin naman sila.

AA - 4 Stars, so good they became friends not just business associates

IHJ - Dati ko na kaibigan ito before we even discovered we were both into audio. 4 Stars........Minus 3 kasi masyado demonyo! :lol: Plus 3 ulit kasi bumawi sa discount. May pa-tsibog pa. :lol: Minus 3 ulit kasi ayaw na mag-golf. Laro ka na ulit MAS-tatanda ka sa ginagawa mo na yan!

Noel14 - great guy, knows his stuff. If A-Amped wasn't out of the way, I'd visit more often. 4 Stars. Hindi hard sell ok si Noel.

Hypertriode - what can i say? 4 stars nanaman. I love his "As long as I live" warranties :lol: Best thing about Rene is when I start getting weird ideas siya mismo nagsasabi na sayang lang ang pera.

fld - It turns out when it comes audio, long distance relationships can work :lol: Super fair, a great resource, simple kausap. Sana nasa Manila para masmadalas makasama. 4 stars.

Upscale - 2 Stars only :( Went for repairs and I was never even called back for any status reports. Ako lagi naghahabol. Sayang. I never went back.

Audioden - 4 stars for before and after sales service but pricing confuses me. No deduction because of prices. That's any sellers call and we have to respect that.

Tonomen - They send me tweaked out units to use WHILE my unit is also being tweaked. I love being one of their guinea pigs :lol:TRIPPY! 4 Stars!

Jadis - Aside from Koetsu where he already extends fantastic service. My source for ultra-quality vinyl. To this day walang sabit. He will report and adjust prices down to the last tiny scratch. Nobody sight and play grades with the accuracy of this guy.He can also source you some pretty obsure stuff. LPs are worth the premium if for that reason alone. 4 Stars.

The Privateers

Killer Mike - QUATTRO
Kung Fu - QUATTRO
Racio - QUATTRO
JackD201
Immortal

Next

Return to MARKETPLACE - Audio Hardware