AMX 6550 Tube Amplifier / Anthony Audio Omega Speakers

(combined Hardware and Tubes forum). For regular members only with minimum 50 posts. Please read Guidelines before posting

Moderator: dante

AMX 6550 Tube Amplifier / Anthony Audio Omega Speakers

Postby geriboy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:09 am

(edited 2019-01-18)

Good day! I'm selling my dad's AMX 6550 Integrated Tube Amplifier and Anthony Audio Omega Floorstand Speakers.

===============================================================

Item #1: AMX 6550 Integrated Tube Amplifier

Specifications are as follows:
1. tube complements:
- 6550 x 4 power tubes (can be changed to KT88 tubes)
- 6SN7 x 2
- 6SL7 x 2
- 5U4G x 2 rectifier tubes (can be changed to 5AR4 tubes )
- auto-bias
2. Speaker outputs: has 8ohms and 4ohms. At 8ohms: 50 watts on ultralinear mode, 30 watts on triode mode
3. Total of 4 inputs: 1 MM phono input, 3 line inputs
4. Amplifier can be used either as an integrated amplifier, pre-amplifier, or power amplifier
- amplifier has a pair of RCA socket for "preamp out" if this will be connected to a separate power amplifier, and a pair of RCA socket for "amp in" if this will be connected to a separate pre-amplifier
5. IEC power cord socket
6. aesthetics: wood sidings; steel casing with chrome plating (shows signs of aging); grey colored transformers. there are "printed" labels (some of which are faded) in the top part of the casing which indicates the tubes attached to each socket
7. no AMX logo attached
8. 220V

History of amplifier:
- I'm not sure who the first owner of this amplifier. But I saw a similar amplifier posted in AMX thread (http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic ... #msg496069); I'm not sure if this is the same amplifier that I am selling
- I bought this amplifier last June 2017 from sir Melvin [Jomel01] (http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,213260.0.html), who bought it from sir ding45 last April 2017 (http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,212644.0.html).
- tubes: I don't know if these are still the original tubes of the amplifier. I don't know the age or exact brands of the tubes. we haven't changed the tubes since we bought it from sir Melvin.
- last checked by sir Andrew last September 2018 ago due to 1) problem in the ultralinear/triode switches, and 2) replacement of IEC power cord plug. he also mentioned some humming on ultralinear mode but not in triode mode. I'm not sure if this is because of the tubes currently installed. I didn't notice any humming when I had the amplifier back from sir Andrew last September 2018 (my dad is currently using a pair of Anthony Audio Omega floorstand speakers). Amplifier was last used in November 2018.

Included in the sale are the following:
1. AMX 6550 integrated tube amplifier. Tubes as posted in the pictures
2. Extra 5U4G rectifier tube
3. a pair of short RCA cables to connect the "Pre-Out" and "Amp-In" RCA sockets together
4. Seven (7) pieces of Proel DH500 1.8mtr RCA cables (see reference at https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROEL-Die-Hard ... 1107807170)

Pictures:
Image || Image || Image

Image || Image

The next two pictures are taken from sir Ding's facebook page:
Image || Image

Another post showing a picture probably from the old AMX Phasetron website - http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic ... #msg191915

Selling price: Php 30,000.00

===============================================================

Item # 2: Anthony Audio Omega Floorstand Speakers

Original specifications taken from one of sir Anthony's posts (in pinoydvd or facebook):

I bought theses speakers from sir Jojo (CoolTOYZPH) last July 2015. He had these speakers modified: he changed one of the speaker woofers to one of Anthony's 8" fullrange speakers (done by sir Anthony). I haven't heard the original version of the Omega speakers, but from sir Jojo's experience, this modification has improve the sound quality of the Omega speakers. I think this pair is "tuned" more for audio/music listening.

For me and my dad, we find these speakers well balanced, nice mids and clear vocals, has enough bass. We had them driven with sir Andrew's AMX 6550 tube amplifier and sir JojoD's gainclone amplifier. For me, the speakers sound a bit better with our current tube amplifier.

Pictures:
Image || Image || Image

Image || Image || Image

Image || Image || Image

Selling price: Php 23,000.00

===========================

Reason for selling: need to clear up space in my dad's living room

Testing and auditioning of amplifier and speakers can be done in my dad's place in Taguig (along East Service Road), preferably after working hours or evening. I might not be able to bring the amplifier to your place because of my work schedule. You can bring your amplifier and other needed equipment (i.e. stepdown transformer, etc) for testing.

I am not always online. But I will follow the reservations made here at my IFS thread. My simple request is that once you posted your reservation here, please inform me via SMS (0933-8593930) so I will be able to acknowledge your reservation. Kindly state your name and WS username when sending me an SMS.

Thank you!

*also posted in pinoydvd internet forum, and different FB pages/groups*
Last edited by geriboy on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

(sold) Anthony Audio ProAc clone floorstand speakers

Postby geriboy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

A-Audio ProAc clone floorstand speakers sold outside wiredstate.
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

(sold) Anthony Audio King-II Folded Horn speakers

Postby geriboy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 am

Anthony Audio King-II speakers sold outside Wiredstate.
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

AMX 6550 Integrated Tube Amplifier

Postby geriboy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 am

posted AMX 6550 tube amplifier for sale.

Thanks!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Anthony Audio Omega Floorstand Speakers

Postby geriboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

posted a pair of Anthony Audio Omega floorstand speakers for sale.

Thanks!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Re: AMX 6550 Tube Amplifier / Anthony Audio Omega Speakers

Postby geriboy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:48 am

Buy both the amplifier and speakers for Php 45,000 and I will include a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC (purchased second hand in pinoydvd forum) for free.

Thank you!
geriboy
Citizen
Citizen

Return to MARKETPLACE - Audio Hardware