Alvarez vs GGG

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

Donaire vs Arce:

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm

A fight to watch, how Donaire will handle a real-veteran slugger & warrior
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Donaire vs Arce:

Postby joejet » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:36 am

I think Arce is custom-made for a knock out counter punch coming from the Filipino Flash.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Donaire vs Rigondeaux: April 14 Manila

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm

2x gold olympian & world champ, the glass jaw Rigon will run all night long against our own, like of that the Narvasa fight- a unification bout
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Donaire vs Rigondeaux: April 14 Manila

Postby joejet » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:2x gold olympian & world champ, the glass jaw Rigon will run all night long against our own, like of that the Narvasa fight- a unification bout

Puro tirang takot ang gagawin ng kubano na yan. Stick and move. But mostly move than stick.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 am

pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:28 pm

Rigo: I will be a unified fighter after April 13

Donaire: I will knock him out

Rigo: he will see the best in me on fight night

Donaire: 400 amateur fights is awesome but totally diff on a pro fight for 12 rds.

Rigo: blah blah blah

Mares: Donaire will KO Rigo in 7. (the WBC title holder, supposedly to unify w/ Donaire, but never happen bcoz of the feud betw Arum & Goldenboy Oskie)

Rigo had only 11 pro fights & had reach 2-full 12 rounds only in his pro career. he can box & punch & got the power but armoured w/ a glass chin.
This is my curiousity,.......We dunno if he can take the signature left of Nonito. I dunno how he will react if he taste the power on the early rounds.

Will he run all night long? I think so
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joejet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Rigo: I will be a unified fighter after April 13

Donaire: 400 amateur fights is awesome but totally diff on a pro fight for 12 rds.

Mares: Donaire will KO Rigo in 7. (the WBC title holder, supposedly to unify w/ Donaire, but never happen bcoz of the feud betw Arum & Goldenboy Oskie)

Rigo had only 11 pro fights & had reach 2-full 12 rounds only in his pro career. he can box & punch & got the power but armoured w/ a glass chin.
This is my curiousity,.......We dunno if he can take the signature left of Nonito. I dunno how he will react if he taste the power on the early rounds.

DONAIRE WILL KNOCK THIS CUBAN COLD!
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 pm

joejet wrote:
pinoy_usa8 wrote:Rigo: I will be a unified fighter after April 13

DONAIRE WILL KNOCK THIS CUBAN COLD!

I guess not that easy as we thought. Rigo has power in both hands. clever & smart the way he boxed & sees the punches coming.

As for my assessment Donaire will get hurt in this fight esp Rigo says, he will fight aggressively will come forward & engage in a slugfest.

But there's a big "But" in this fight though,..

If Rigo does accdg to his game plan (yes, he will hurt Nito). 1st,.. that is if he wont run around after feeling the power of Donaire's power. If he can handle the power
then he will pay the price dearly, because

He will stumble & fall,... & kiss the floor eventually on the late rounds. (say 10 or 11)
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby CHRIP » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 am

Hmmm... TKO after 3 Rounds. Donaire ako siyempre! Hope Rigondeaux can dodge the SONIC BOOM punch of Nonito... If not... Then the fight is over! :) :) :)
Hindi naman kasi bumabato ng basta bastang suntok si Donaire... His very technical when he throw bombs. Hindi siya bibitiw ng hindi nakakasakit.
I'm excited to see this fight! :) :) :)
CHRIP
Citizen
Citizen

Postby CHRIP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:29 pm

CHRIP wrote:Hmmm... TKO after 3 Rounds. Donaire ako siyempre! Hope Rigondeaux can dodge the SONIC BOOM punch of Nonito... If not... Then the fight is over! :) :) :)
Hindi naman kasi bumabato ng basta bastang suntok si Donaire... His very technical when he throw bombs. Hindi siya bibitiw ng hindi nakakasakit.
I'm excited to see this fight! :) :) :)

UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAMEME! Hay... Sayang naman... :( :( :(
CHRIP
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gino » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Too much fries.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 am

told you sooo,...

(I think, team donaire wont ask immediate rematch. they will see the same result. 2 to 3 yrs, maybe)
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joejet » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:told you sooo,...

(I think, team donaire wont ask immediate rematch. they will see the same result. 2 to 3 yrs, maybe)

BOxing clinic for Donaire. He could have used more jobs that could have helped him find the range but he was out there for blood. His mindset was for a knock out that made him easily figurable by Rigondeaux who has 400 fights experience in his amateur days. Not to mention the olympic golds. I agreed with the decision. Nonito was outclassed. But come to think of it. Rigondeaux may have just won the most important fight of his carreer but it surely didn't endear him to boxing fans out there. This fight is so significant for Rigondeaux yet it failed to have a hugely meaningful impact in the boxing world and it failed to capture the imagination of boxing fans. Rigo had been a very exciting fighter and knocking every opponent out until he fought Donaire. I thought I saw an overly defensive fighter in the person of Floyd Mayweather, But hey, get a load of what Rigondeaux did in that fight. Mayweather may be overly defensive too but the SOB is an exciting fighter when he's executing his "defensive offense". He lands very clean, snappy counterpunches that often translate to a potentially fight-ending knock down or knock out. (Mayweather vs. Hatton). And he's a "TALKER" too. Back to the fight, there were so many "Dead Moments" as was evident from the fans' boos and shouts. And it was definitely not Donaire's doing. In the later rounds, knowing he was behind the cards, Donaire literally run after Rigondeaux as though a discomfited hunter trying to catch his prey. Eventually our fighter got frustrated. This fight should improve Rigo's stock dramatically but I really don't think it did substantially after his lackadaisical victory over Nonito. Yes, his game plan was effective against an equally skilled and tactically savvy Donaire and he won the fight handily. But I really doubt he won the heart and respect of the majority of boxing fans all over the world.
SOURGRAPING ASIDE, RIGONDEAUX WON, BUT MY HAT IS NOT OFF TO HIM.

ps
This fight exposed Donaire and could be used by his future opponents as their blueprint in gameplan. It is imperative that Donaire learns to execute a gameplan as antithesis of Rigondeaux's style.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 pm

For another fighter to use Rigo's gameplan, he'd have to have the speed of Rigo's feet as well. I haven't seen footwork that good in a long, long time.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Killer Mike » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Killer Mike
Legend
Legend

Mayweather vs Guerrero

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:34 am

Will Guerrero be the first man to beat Mayweather?

you think so?
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero: May 5

Postby JackD201 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Guess not. On to Canelo.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 pm

JackD201 wrote:Guess not. On to Canelo.

he wont pick Canelo for his September 2nd fight -- it could be a live wire, lol.
and he will continue cherry picking his opponents until he will finish his 6 fight- contract in showtime,.. unscath/undefeated.

Showtime's ads was "May Day": No blueprint to beat him.

There was. He ducked Margarito & the younger Cotto when they were in their primed, so w/ Pacquiao. (not now I guess)
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joejet » Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:
JackD201 wrote:Guess not. On to Canelo.

he wont pick Canelo for his September 2nd fight -- it could be a live wire, lol.
and he will continue cherry picking his opponents until he will finish his 6 fight- contract in showtime,.. unscath/undefeated.

Showtime's ads was "May Day": No blueprint to beat him.

There was. He ducked Margarito & the younger Cotto when they were in their primed, so w/ Pacquiao. (not now I guess)

I think the style that can give Money May a real problem is the welterweight version of the Cuban Regondeoux. He's quick n' slick n' slippery. A southpaw and he packs power on his left hand. He's got incredible footwork that helps him pivot and maneuver to a safe stance and yet able to keep the readiness to counter attack. Problem is, there's no welter nor junior welter version of this quick black fox.
Plus the fact that Money May doesn't have a boss. Thus he's been able to weed out threats and pick those he can easily win over.
joejet
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE