Alvarez vs GGG

NEWS, Announcements, Greetings, Schedules, EBs, listening sessions, lectures, shoot-outs, field trips, gimmicks, etc. for WS members only...

Moderators: vintage_dog, audiostar

Alvarez vs GGG

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Who's next after Raf ? (congrats nga pala, pre)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080602/lf_ ... chelors_dc

Do you wanna buy Armani or Prada Amp, if they will produce one? Look, Dior cellph for $5000, will be in the market next week in Paris.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/2791 ... e_comments
Last edited by pinoy_usa8 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:21 am, edited 47 times in total.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:42 am

It's quite amazing what the respondents to that study went through and are going through before marriage.

My favorite Jesuit gave me this sage advise right before I tied the knot:

The important decision is not to get married which is a one time decision made on the wedding day.

The important decision is to stay married which is a decision made after every fight, after every mistake, after every forgotten birthday or anniversary or date, after smelling your partners' stale breath first thing in the morning, after each time one puts up the sentadera because the other forgot, after one fixes the toothpaste tube because the other didn't press from the bottom, etc.

Couples decide to stay married each and every second of each and every hour of each and every day. That's where the real hard work is. And dare I say, that's where the fun truly is.
rtsyrtsy

Postby bass_nut » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 am

i do not have a perfect family nor a very smooth relation with my wife, children & apos... neither am i a marriage councilor... but here is my take...

what confused me about the study was the worries those men inculcated in their brains wherein they have not been into it. bakit sila takot sa di nila alam? maybe they read or listened too much of others' experiences and believed these as an absolute pattern. what relationship do they expect? a computer-like thing where everything falls onto its proper place as expected and commanded upon a click or push of a button? oh my!! humans are NOT cold and apathetic unlike electronic chips... humans are not robots, nor mathematical equations with very predictable results every time...

whenever younger gen ask me about marriage, i always tell them "it is very very easy to start a relation, very hard to maintain... do not believe the word COMPATIBLE as there is NO such thing in marriage... adjusting to your partner from moment to moment is what makes you compatible to each other" :) quarrels, shouting episodes, soft talk... these are all forms of communications and very good ones if we make sure it ends up with very positive results :) oh yes, very difficult to do i must agree... some of the best medicines are 1a) a set of listening ears 1b) constant communication 2) a loving heart 3) humility overpowering destructive pride.

best regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:It's quite amazing what the respondents to that study went through and are going through before marriage.

My favorite Jesuit gave me this sage advise right before I tied the knot:

The important decision is not to get married which is a one time decision made on the wedding day.

The important decision is to stay married which is a decision made after every fight, after every mistake, after every forgotten birthday or anniversary or date, after smelling your partners' stale breath first thing in the morning, after each time one puts up the sentadera because the other forgot, after one fixes the toothpaste tube because the other didn't press from the bottom, etc.

Couples decide to stay married each and every second of each and every hour of each and every day. That's where the real hard work is. And dare I say, that's where the fun truly is.

i agree with your input sir :wink:
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:49 am

bass_nut wrote:3) humility overpowering destructive pride.

My officemates say they know it very easily if I'm talking to my wife on the phone. They say that I just rattle off a long series of "yes," "I agree," "you are right," "OK," "go for it," and other phrases indicating agreement.

That's a man's job. Men should say yes to anything women say even if what women say is wrong.

There is great joy in just waiting for women to realize they made a mistake then men say "I told you so" albeit only very softly so no one else hears. :twisted:
rtsyrtsy

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:34 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:

yes russ, especially if you have kids, where the real joy is.

[
quote="bass_nut"]
whenever younger gen ask me about marriage, i always tell them "it is very very easy to start a relation, very hard to maintain...

uh-oh,..we're scaring the gen-x on this, doc, lol
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 am

[
quote="bass_nut"]
whenever younger gen ask me about marriage, i always tell them "it is very very easy to start a relation, very hard to maintain...

uh-oh,..we're scaring the gen-x on this, doc, lol[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
actually i encourage them to "not fear" marriage... they have a misconception of looking & looking for their perfect partner in life who does not exist as there is NONE... i told them their girlfriend (yung tunay :D ) is a potential wife as long as both can accept each other's negative & positive traits, can adjust to each other's differences and are willing to stay together forever for each other thru thick & thins :wink:

during the "steady period" i encourage them to act their normal selves as this is the exploratory & discovery stage... to never step the best foot only... to always show what & who they really are... to study what they can be capable of doing in case "rainy days" occur... to focus & prioritize on family & kids forever...

i also encourage them to be monogamous for life :evil: :lol:

yes, very difficult advices... but do-able 8) sacrifices have priceless rewards at the end of the road... like having a bright colourful rainbow after the end of each storm...

naku, i am now sounding like a marriage councilor eh i am not a perfect family man myself :oops: :cry: :cry:

this is getting to be a very interesting thread... to be honest, i am -relearning and learning more from you guys as well... :wink:

have a bright day mga kapatid :)
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Be aware: Monster inside me

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:46 am

Little did we know, parasites are in our body living for 20 or 30 yrs until they reach to hundreds, even thousands and they are deadly.

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/mons ... ar-videos/
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

this is the real "Monster inside me"

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 pm

WARNING: Dont you ever try to watch it, if your Heart is weak.

This is the real one, and they are everywhere.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re:

Postby qguy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Natawa ako dito !!!
Common sa akin "Yes", "Ok" and "go for it"

rtsyrtsy wrote:
bass_nut wrote:3) humility overpowering destructive pride.

My officemates say they know it very easily if I'm talking to my wife on the phone. They say that I just rattle off a long series of "yes," "I agree," "you are right," "OK," "go for it," and other phrases indicating agreement.

That's a man's job. Men should say yes to anything women say even if what women say is wrong.

There is great joy in just waiting for women to realize they made a mistake then men say "I told you so" albeit only very softly so no one else hears. :twisted:
qguy
Master
Master

Pugot uro,..

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:23 am

pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Carl froch will be expose tonight by Abraham

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 am

Froch, the WBC title holder will be expose by Abraham in Finland tonight.
This is the most awaited fight of the Super Six Middleweight Tournament.

Abraham all the way. If there's a KO, thats a bonus for Abraham.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Froch vs Abraham: sunday in manila

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 pm

I lost 50 bucks, Abraham was flat-footed and scared. He's relying and looking for a one big punch that never came out.
too bad.

(But I won $75 w/ Marquez against Katsidis. Ganansiya pa rin ng $25, pang yosi, :D ,..)
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Donaire vs Sydorenko

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 pm

From superfly (115#) to bantamweight (118#), Donaire (24-1-16KO) will be good at this weight. Sydorenko maybe a bit bulkier at weigh-in and on fight night, but we're sure Donaire will showcase his power.

Sydorenko (22-2-7) is a good boxer w/ good footwork but less power to hurt Donaire. Nonito will try to find a way to KO Sydorenko, to impress the promoters and viewers, so to land his biggest fight against the WBO/WBC Bantamweight champ Montiel this coming February.

3 pounds heavier for Nonito is really a good one, and im expecting a TKO inside 10 rounds.
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Donaire vs Sydorenko

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:32 am

pinoy_usa8 wrote:From superfly (115#) to bantamweight (118#), Donaire (24-1-16KO) will be good at this weight. Sydorenko maybe a bit bulkier at weigh-in and on fight night, but we're sure Donaire will showcase his power.

Sydorenko (22-2-7) is a good boxer w/ good footwork but less power to hurt Donaire. Nonito will try to find a way to KO Sydorenko, to impress the promoters and viewers, so to land his biggest fight against the WBO/WBC Bantamweight champ Montiel this coming February.

3 pounds heavier for Nonito is really a good one, and im expecting a TKO inside 10 rounds.

Live stream: (Donaire vs Sydorenko), starts at 9:30 to 10:00 Manila Time

http://mannypacquiaolivestream.blogspot.com/

http://liveboxingstreams.blogspot.com/2 ... renko.html

this one. one more fight before the main event, Donaire

http://ufcandboxing.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... dimir.html
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Donaire vs Sydorenko: Live Stream @9:45am Mla

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 am

First round pa lang,..nakaka awa na. Mismatch.

he got the power sa new weight niya (118#) ha.
(3 knockdowns, until 4th round KO?)

Montiel you're next !!
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blue_123 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 am

Grabe talaga power ni Donaire :tmi: , thats why his fight's don't go the distance.
Blue_123

Postby soundpurist » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Galing! No doubt. Montiel worry now!
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby pinoy_usa8 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Is Donaire better than Manny?

Yes, in terms of not being hit w/ a descent power. Nonito's hard to hit, he's got good defense, but havent tested his chin yet.

While Manny's best defense is offense. He's fearless, armoured w/ a granite chin and a warrior w/ a thundering power in both fist. His kind comes once in a 100 years or not even?

Manny is a diff fighter today than before when he was superfly and bantam.

REPLAY:

http://boxingreplays.blogspot.com/

http://boxingonyoutube.blogspot.com/201 ... renko.html
pinoy_usa8
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby soundpurist » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 pm

pinoy_usa8 wrote:Is Donaire better than Manny?

Donaire is one excellent boxer right in path to greatness. But Manny is a beast in a different league and has proven beyond reproach. :)
Good for us, after Manny retires from the ring we still have Nonito to cheer on. Judging today's performance, Montiel's days are numbered. With his great training team headed by Robert Garcia, how I wish Nonito moves to lightweight sooner( that is if he can bring that power and speed) where the real big fights, great talents, and big pays are.

It seems Pacquiao-Mosley fight is in the pipeline? I have high regards for Mosley ( after KOing Margarito I thought then he's still at prime and better than Cotto or Mayweather), but the father age showed in his last two fights. I agree with Alex Arriza, Manny may need not train hard for a Mosley fight coz he's a quitter. Economics aside, this fight doesn't make sense. However, for some , since Pacquiao-Mayweather being far from reality, this fight is a measure of who is truly better between Pac and Floyd, the latter having defeated Mosley by UD. Aside from this, nothing is left commercially viable for Manny in the next six months. Berto won't dare for an abbreviated career; not wise to feed a lucrative retirement package for a third fight the overzealous, bitter and boastful Marquez, and both fights won't cash in the gates and PPV anyway.
soundpurist
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to HEAR YE, HEAR YE