Moderators: spare_2_win, boytoy24

Charisma Audio Reference 1

Postby spare_2_win » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:04 am

spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Charisma Audio Reference 1

Postby JackD201 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:04 pm

I was able to spend around 4 hours listening to the MC-2 at the place of my friend in NYC, PFO and AVShowrooms reviewer Myles B. Astor just a few short weeks ago. It was mounted on a VPI 3D arm on a VPI Classic Direct table. Phono stage was a unit by Nick Doshi of Doshi Audio, preamp by CJ and the amps the big Audia Flight recently reviewed by Myles for AVS. Speakers were Magico S5s and cables by a new Italian company.

I have to say that this cartridge just shot up to the top of my list for carts in the bang for the buck category. Depending on one's tastes it can really hang with the old guard. It's clear, dynamic and yet not harmonically stripped. I've heard better extension, delicacy, transparency, density and drive elsewhere but to date not at this price point. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone that buys this will have little or no wanderlust afterwards. Lucky be the guy that picks this line up. If that happens to be you Spare, a hearty congratulations! :clap:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby spare_2_win » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:28 pm

JackD201 wrote:I was able to spend around 4 hours listening to the MC-2 at the place of my friend in NYC, PFO and AVShowrooms reviewer Myles B. Astor just a few short weeks ago. It was mounted on a VPI 3D arm on a VPI Classic Direct table. Phono stage was a unit by Nick Doshi of Doshi Audio, preamp by CJ and the amps the big Audia Flight recently reviewed by Myles for AVS. Speakers were Magico S5s and cables by a new Italian company.

I have to say that this cartridge just shot up to the top of my list for carts in the bang for the buck category. Depending on one's tastes it can really hang with the old guard. It's clear, dynamic and yet not harmonically stripped. I've heard better extension, delicacy, transparency, density and drive elsewhere but to date not at this price point. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone that buys this will have little or no wanderlust afterwards. Lucky be the guy that picks this line up. If that happens to be you Spare, a hearty congratulations! :clap:

Thank you Sir Jack D! :)

Charisma Audio carts has been around for sometime now. We started with the MC-1 and it was well accepted by the local audio community. To date we have on stock the complete line up. With the new top of the line Reference 2 coming in a couple of months. ;)
spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:19 am

Kailan pa Caloy? Talagang nagkulang ako sa tambay dito! :$ I aim to change that! :hai:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby spare_2_win » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:46 pm

JackD201 wrote:Kailan pa Caloy? Talagang nagkulang ako sa tambay dito! :$ I aim to change that! :hai:

Its been locally available since August of last year, I actually had the MC-1 on demo during the last hifi show at our room. It just wasn't highlighted enough due to the volume of people coming in to buy vinyl records. :)
spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 am

Great find Caloy 8) I missed your room last year. I tried to enter pero ang daming tao. Nice problem to have :clap: Looks like Keith and I will miss this year too because paails kami November. :(
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Myles B. Astor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:43 pm

JackD201 wrote:I was able to spend around 4 hours listening to the MC-2 at the place of my friend in NYC, PFO and AVShowrooms reviewer Myles B. Astor just a few short weeks ago. It was mounted on a VPI 3D arm on a VPI Classic Direct table. Phono stage was a unit by Nick Doshi of Doshi Audio, preamp by CJ and the amps the big Audia Flight recently reviewed by Myles for AVS. Speakers were Magico S5s and cables by a new Italian company.

Here's a link to the recently published review Jack!

http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/ch ... cartridge/

BTW the speaker cables were Viero from Italy.

http://www.vierocables.com/#!

Cheers
Myles B. Astor

Postby JackD201 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Hey! What a pleasant surprise to see you here Myles. Welcome to the most civilized forum on the planet :D :D :D Yes, I caught the link on Shark earlier today. Thanks for providing the link for the wired ones.

Meet Spare-to-win aka Carlos aka Caloy. Bernard's distributor here. Awesome guy, awesome vinyl pusher too. :rock:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Myles B. Astor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

JackD201 wrote:Hey! What a pleasant surprise to see you here Myles. Welcome to the most civilized forum on the planet :D :D :D Yes, I caught the link on Shark earlier today. Thanks for providing the link for the wired ones.

Meet Spare-to-win aka Carlos aka Caloy. Bernard's distributor here. Awesome guy, awesome vinyl pusher too. :rock:

Thanks for the welcome Jack. Really enjoyed our visit!

Hi everyone! Hi Carlos!
Myles B. Astor

Postby JackD201 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 pm

I did too Myles! Too bad I was only there for three days so I wasn't able to visit ttommy in Brooklyn. You'd get along really well I think. He's like me but smarter, nicer and a better cook :)

Make yourself at home. We are a small but very diverse group here from hardcore DIYers to lunatic fringe audiophiles. Music lovers all. We have a number of english only speakers here so we do try to post primarily in english. From time to time though languages get jumbled up when we happen to be feeling casual. Enjoy!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby spare_2_win » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:59 pm

Thank you for the introduction Sir Jack! :)

Hi Myles! Welcome to wiredstate. :)
spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> The Vinyl Depot <<