Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:37 am

Happy New year Kenneth. Sana mag dilang anghel ka
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Re: TASLENCO: some projects done lately

Postby kabubi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:13 am

Nolybeybs,

kelan natin upgrade yung Concept 1?
nagtatampo 1st born mo, wala ka na raw panahon para sa kanya. sana raw, ma-install ng speed control ek-ek :-) :-) :-)

all the best to you, your family, your hobby and your business this 2016!

k
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks Buboy. I'm doing r&d on other aspect at this time.

As with the speed controller. There are couple designs now available at lenco heaven. But I'm saving up for the Eagle speed controller by Phoenix because it has all the options including probe and compensator for that steady speed. Group buy? :devil:
TheAnalogSource

Postby Mamimili » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:11 pm

How many need to be in a group buy to make a significant impact on the list price?

How does the Eagle work without the Roadrunner?
Does the Eagle control the mains 110 or 240 volt supply, if so, why not use a Roadrunner and a variac for lower cost?
What about the Falcon?
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 am

Now we are talking. I'll ask around Paul.
TheAnalogSource

Postby Mamimili » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm

TheAnalogSource wrote:Now we are talking. I'll ask around Paul.

I am interested in a group buy but keep in mind i prefer / need / use 240 volts.......
If this could be easily switched around a few TT's, lets say a maximum of 3, i would be even more interested :D
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 am

group buy!
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby muypogi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Ano ba to? More consistent speed ba? No more approximating speed manually?
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kabubi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:29 am

muypogi wrote:Ano ba to? More consistent speed ba? No more approximating speed manually?

it think so :-)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Re: TASLENCO: some projects done lately-1st qtr 2016

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:23 am

Hello everyone.

It seems lately my build is getting more difficult. No not because of the complexity of the project but more the emotional attachment to them.

Like this one in and about the start of the year. When i was just starting out with the lenco, the owner went to the house to listen to my then current project. He then asked me to build him one but I beg that I should commit on it later because I was not yet confident to take in orders that time. Five years later, this table which would have been my supposedly 2nd or 3rd project was sent to me for a reconditioning. Made a lot of changes though including new mounts on both the fr and Mandy Marino arm as well as the table itself. What took me a while for this build though is the fact that this will be used in a very revealing system with subwoofer to boot. Well you know how idlers and subs do not mix well because of the inherent noise of the idler. So i have to be extra careful for that minute adjustments as well as better isolation design to minimize rumbles and noise. I hope the owner likes it. I did. It's an honor to work with a Mandy Marino arm.

remember that table that got called off after it was built. while in progress, i was telling the prospective owner that i think the table was lucky because after that a lot more has been booked. Speaking of lucky, I dont know if it's a coincidence but about Chinese New Year time, I get to build a table in red. Here is this year's Lucky New Year Lenco.

btw, we move out of our old office so thus my showroom and shop are gone as well. Guess they are not that lucky. Anyhow, this gave me an chance to setup my woodwork studio at a corner of my chemical factory. relax its nothing high tech in there. anyhow atleast now i get to go there almost everyday where previously maybe i get to see it like every other month only. This also gave me bigger elbow room to play around and better natural lighting for better finishing so should make better build this time.

Building multiple plinth at a time can now be done...

Look at the closeup of the new finishes....

I did mentioned difficult builds, didnt I? Look how this one came in....
Look how immerse it was in disinfectant before i got my hands on it. more than the looks, it lacks a lot of parts and was already thinkered somewhere else. ahhh i should get a premium next time a table brought in was sent somewhere else first.
happy to get it singing again though this is just a let it play project.

This one just got done so the picture was taken while it is still on the work table....
Another difficult build for me because I was recommend by a friend to the owner. very careful not to taint his credibility.

Well anyhow the next build is a better one than the previous ones so looking forward to the next table. Wish you all a great summer ahead.
TheAnalogSource

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:42 am

Ohh I almost forgot to tell you that in the course of building Lencos, we try to come up with better parts. Here are the new v-blocks prototype just done....

see all your projects goes fro the development of the ultimate TASLenco. haha as if there is an end to this madness.....
TheAnalogSource

Postby Mamimili » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:41 am

Nice work Noly, long may the madness continue!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby Superman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:48 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:Ohh I almost forgot to tell you that in the course of building Lencos, we try to come up with better parts. Here are the new v-blocks prototype just done....

see all your projects goes fro the development of the ultimate TASLenco. haha as if there is an end to this madness.....

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Go, Nols, Go! :-)

My brother in law recently inherited a Lenco. Convincing him to see you soon to have it restored.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby tenderobject » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:01 am

Wow!!!

Superman wrote:
TheAnalogSource wrote:Ohh I almost forgot to tell you that in the course of building Lencos, we try to come up with better parts. Here are the new v-blocks prototype just done....

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
tenderobject
Master
Master

Previous

Return to >> The Analog Source <<