Just Appreciating

79B Katipunan Avenue, White Plains, Q.C.

Moderators: jamants, recordmogul

Just Appreciating

Postby egay » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello Folks,
I've not done this for a long time so I'm not sure if i am doing this right.

I bought a number of LPs from Jay's White Plains shop and all of them are either very good or excellent.
Of course even new LPs can be warped, but he's got this Record Flattener that really works! I got the Burton LP flattened and it is back to 'normal'.

But the best LPs i got - so far - are those Manabu and the M Terashita albums: fantastic Jazz, typical of good Japanese groups.
The LPs are 180gm (I think) and they are playing on my revamped system:

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=F23B895EE351CD5F&resid=F23B895EE351CD5F%2123899&authkey=AIqY3mDvh5VWGNU" width="320" height="193" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The Grey Market shop in White Plains is excellent for hanging-out - both in the shop or in those restaurants around it.

They have audio equipment like Marantz and - surprising me was the Martin Logans :clap:

BTW, there are paintings on display and i spied at least 1 work of BB3 (Boy B) :hai:

Thanks, Jay, for setting-up such a nice place for our hobby.

Greets!

Egay

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Just Appreciating

Postby JoeyGS » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Do they do flattening services? Am interested. Thanks
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby minggoy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:25 pm

yup they do
i think its 300 bucks per vinyl
minggoy

Postby zenaudio » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:16 am

Egay, long time no post. :) Nice to hear from you, hope the WS folks from way back can post more. :)
Agree on Grey Market's cool place. Bumped into rvc a few weeks ago and he mentioned they also have a branch at Cubao.
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:19 am

They also have an Instagram account. Julius and Tin Babao were there yesterday.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby Jon Agner » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 pm

..... my only regret was that I brought my wife there ..... and now my TGM purchases are not limited to LPs :P :D :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby 99khan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Gary Amante, Kenneth Go, Atty. Simeon Marcelo, and yours truly dropped by there as well yesterday to browse through the bins. Just "simple and not-so-famous" :lol: folks who love music. More power to Jay and The Grey.
99khan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

zenaudio wrote:Egay, long time no post. :) Nice to hear from you, hope the WS folks from way back can post more. :)
Agree on Grey Market's cool place. Bumped into rvc a few weeks ago and he mentioned they also have a branch at Cubao.

Hey, thanks pare.
Yes - Jay's shop has lots of NEW LPs and some pre-owned ones; but it is the new ones that intrigued me: there are plenty of new artists (at least to me) that are really worth our time.

Now, I don't have to order online or go to HK or Singapore to get my 'fix' - I can order through Jay and be assured of quality :clap:

I sure hope to bump on you there :hai: ... I'm picking up 2 more LPs (heck, my wallet is getting thinner since I started to rebuild my analog)

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to >> The Grey Market <<