Newport Electronics Trading (Raon)

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Newport Electronics Trading (Raon)

Postby dv187736 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:43 am

I found this company while searching for Nichicon caps (10000mF, 80V, 12pcs) that I need urgently. I spoke to a rep who confirmed its availability and the price. I just want to ask if any of you have any experience with this trader and that their products are legit, before I go visit the shop.
I checked RS Elec. & Element14 but availability is possibly 3 weeks. Thanks.
dv187736
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Newport Electronics Trading (Raon)

Postby dv187736 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 am

Sorry, forgot to attach the website: http://newportelec.com
dv187736
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Try Watson Electronics / Pacific Electronics / Eleshop / Deeco their all in Raon area.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby dv187736 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 pm

qguy wrote:Try Watson Electronics / Pacific Electronics / Eleshop / Deeco their all in Raon area.

Thanks, qguy.
I haven't checked Pacific yet, but the other three have no stocks. I decided to buy from RS Electronics, a lot more expensive but I guess their the real deal.
dv187736
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:55 pm

dv187736 wrote:Sorry, forgot to attach the website: http://newportelec.com

i buy stuff from them too....they are re-sellers....
look for Mateo, yung surpluss vendor na may kariton,
he sells goods surpluss from export processing zones...
along ronquillo st...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby qguy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:24 am

Needle in a haystack, half of the streets is littered with kariton vendors....

tony wrote:
dv187736 wrote:Sorry, forgot to attach the website: http://newportelec.com

i buy stuff from them too....they are re-sellers....
look for Mateo, yung surpluss vendor na may kariton,
he sells goods surpluss from export processing zones...
along ronquillo st...
qguy
Master
Master

Postby tony » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:41 am

nasa malapit sa kanto perpendicular to ronquillo,
kilala si Mateo sa lugar na yan.....
diy'ers look him up, some as far north as Tarlac and La Union
even malabon boys come to him for parts...
i bump into them once in a while....
at huwag ismallin ang kariton na yan....
you may be amazed at what he can supply.... :tmi:
atin-atin nalang po.... :rock:
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dv187736 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:33 am

Tony, thanks for the tips. I will surely look him up the next time I go to Raon for the rest of the parts I need.
I ordered the Nichicons and Mosfets from RS. This is my first time to use RS. Just waiting for the delivery now.

I also would need 16 KT88s. RS has them, matched pairs too. However, they don't indicate the brand but the price seems reasonable. Can't see these in Newport's list. Any recommendations? Thanks.
dv187736
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 am

Local supplier ? Worth a try Sensible Audio, Audiophile, Audio Amplified.. but for them to stock 16 na match would be difficult...

When I was into tubes, I get mine from tubedepot.com

dv187736 wrote:Tony, thanks for the tips. I will surely look him up the next time I go to Raon for the rest of the parts I need.
I ordered the Nichicons and Mosfets from RS. This is my first time to use RS. Just waiting for the delivery now.

I also would need 16 KT88s. RS has them, matched pairs too. However, they don't indicate the brand but the price seems reasonable. Can't see these in Newport's list. Any recommendations? Thanks.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby tony » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 am

dv187736 wrote:Tony, thanks for the tips. I will surely look him up the next time I go to Raon for the rest of the parts I need.

dealing with Mateo could be tricky, although he has lots of original parts, you may not find what you
are looking for, but there are alternatives and you have to know how to distinguish parts....

dv187736 wrote:I also would need 16 KT88s. RS has them, matched pairs too. However, they don't indicate the brand but the price seems reasonable. Can't see these in Newport's list. Any recommendations? Thanks.

JJ is a good brand, i ordered 16 EL34's from them and all worked fine without issues....
took me sometime to convince them, but here they are.....http://www.epektos.com/product/2c40caf3 ... eeb27.aspx
no connections with them, but i order many tubes from epektos aside from those i ordered in the states...
the first time they offered this tube for sale, it was gobbled up in not time... :clap:

if you have facebook, there are several local groups dealing with parts for audio...https://www.facebook.com/groups/militaryelectronicsph/
lot's of local techies too.....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tony » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

btw, most of my tube purchases in the states are from Florida based sellers...
i also purchased tubes from Moscow in Russia....all of them can be found on-line...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby darkest_error » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:16 pm

tony wrote:at huwag ismallin ang kariton na yan....

agree! some precious gems can really be purchased at these kariton guys in raon. And DIYers are really eager to dig on those bargain bins, just like digging for vinyls on crates. That feeling of having purchased those discontinued, hard to find original parts for less. Though a bit tricky nga kasi you may have to haggle for the best price because at times they tend to overprice lalo if you look like you are about to buy the whole raon! dress accordingly, this is quiapo and i know you know what I mean. almost all new electronic parts stores in raon sells generic components, only a few left are still selling better quality parts, on some mga NOS pa like kay Watson and Eleshop

for online parts sources aside from RS, you may also want to checkout ph.element14.com (formerly farnell).
darkest_error
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:33 am

darkest_error wrote:
tony wrote:at huwag ismallin ang kariton na yan....

agree! some precious gems can really be purchased at these kariton guys in raon. And DIYers are really eager to dig on those bargain bins, just like digging for vinyls on crates. That feeling of having purchased those discontinued, hard to find original parts for less. Though a bit tricky nga kasi you may have to haggle for the best price because at times they tend to overprice lalo if you look like you are about to buy the whole raon! dress accordingly, this is quiapo and i know you know what I mean. almost all new electronic parts stores in raon sells generic components, only a few left are still selling better quality parts, on some mga NOS pa like kay Watson and Eleshop

for online parts sources aside from RS, you may also want to checkout ph.element14.com (formerly farnell).

indeed, and most of the time, the sellers have no idea of what they are selling, maybe not the case today but.....
the trick is not to appear too interested in an item, if they sense that you are, then chances are good that they will up the price...
and do not come asking too many questions that they can not answer, malamang ang isasagot sa iyo, "wala"....
know the parts you are after....i bought bags of Rifa capacitors, around 1000pcs in the bag for just 500 pesos...
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby darkest_error » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 am

[/quote] do not come asking too many questions that they can not answer, malamang ang isasagot sa iyo, "wala".... [/quote]
to the point na parang nag-lelecture na.. haha. they need business, not lectures. agree that the key is be simple and straightforward. online sources are options to acquire parts conveniently, but there's still something in purchasing parts all by yourself being there...physically present. you can "see" them before purchasing and of course the potential chances of getting the best price. good luck DIYers. you all :rock:
darkest_error
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40 am

darkest_error wrote:
do not come asking too many questions that they can not answer, malamang ang isasagot sa iyo, "wala"....

to the point na parang nag-lelecture na.. haha. they need business, not lectures. agree that the key is be simple and straightforward. online sources are options to acquire parts conveniently, but there's still something in purchasing parts all by yourself being there...physically present. you can "see" them before purchasing and of course the potential chances of getting the best price. good luck DIYers. you all :rock:

that is because they do not know..... :tmi:
so as a prospector and a picker, one must know what one sees....
i consider my sorties to Raon a treasure hunt....
some factories' surplus/junks are another diy'ers treasure.... 8)
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to DIY and Tubes