Yaqin Amplifiers

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Yaqin Amplifiers

Postby tenderobject » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 am

Any users of Yaqin amps here? Any feedback/comments?
Interesado sana ako sa EL34 amps nila like MC10T or 30L.
Kamusta reliability ng Yaqin products? Meron sellers ng Yaqin products dito sa forum at sa pdvd years ago pero parang hindi na masyado ito napaguusapan dito. Salamat. :)
tenderobject
Master
Master

Re: Yaqin Amplifiers

Postby moddude » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

i have a MC100B amp with KT-88s. Malalim ang lows at mataba ang tunog. I would say it is durable , with the heavy build (60 lbs ). It can break your back if you lift it. Saw the insides, and layout and interconnections are quite neat for this dual-mono amp. i bought it from Rene Rivo roughly one year ago. Only minus for me is it has no phono input. No plan of letting go of this tube amp, though. I am a happy owner.

Coupled with a MF VLPS phono stage, using a mid-end Monitor Audio or even AAudio Omega speakers , and spinning some Julie London, it sounds very good to me.

A lot of web sites attesting to the good workmanship and SQ of the Yaqin. Just google, sir. There is also an FB page for Yaqin owners and mod'ers.
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tenderobject » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:33 am

Thanks moddude. Actually, matagal tagal na din ako nagbabasa about Yaqin. Halo halo ang feedbacks may negatibo at positibo. Pero mas madami ako nababasang masaya sa Yaqin nila at ang napansin kong problema kalimitan ay realibility nito. Pag gawang China kalimitan ito ang problema. Mahirap lang pag nabagsak saken ay sakit ng ulo tulad ng isang nabili kong Chinese product lately!

Magkano ang 100B saten? Kulang budget ko for KT88 kase kaya malamang sa 30L ako mauwi.

Wala pa bang problema ang 100b mo hanggang ngayon?

Salamat!

moddude wrote:i have a MC100B amp with KT-88s. Malalim ang lows at mataba ang tunog. I would say it is durable , with the heavy build (60 lbs ). It can break your back if you lift it. Saw the insides, and layout and interconnections are quite neat for this dual-mono amp. i bought it from Rene Rivo roughly one year ago. Only minus for me is it has no phono input. No plan of letting go of this tube amp, though. I am a happy owner.

Coupled with a MF VLPS phono stage, using a mid-end Monitor Audio or even AAudio Omega speakers , and spinning some Julie London, it sounds very good to me.

A lot of web sites attesting to the good workmanship and SQ of the Yaqin. Just google, sir. There is also an FB page for Yaqin owners and mod'ers.
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby moddude » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 am

tenderobject wrote:Thanks moddude. Actually, matagal tagal na din ako nagbabasa about Yaqin. Halo halo ang feedbacks may negatibo at positibo. Pero mas madami ako nababasang masaya sa Yaqin nila at ang napansin kong problema kalimitan ay realibility nito. Pag gawang China kalimitan ito ang problema. Mahirap lang pag nabagsak saken ay sakit ng ulo tulad ng isang nabili kong Chinese product lately!

Magkano ang 100B saten? Kulang budget ko for KT88 kase kaya malamang sa 30L ako mauwi.

Salamat!

Wala naman akong problema so far after a year of using it. i got it for Php32K from Master Rene. He gave me warranty and for me , his word was enough. I advise you get the 100B Kt88 bec i heard the difference between an EL34 amp vs a KT88 one.
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tenderobject » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:47 am

Sige. Will check the 100B again. Bahala na. Meron akong nakitang Jolida asa 25k lang. Nakakatemp pero wala ako sa pinas ngayon. :(

moddude wrote:
tenderobject wrote:Thanks moddude. Actually, matagal tagal na din ako nagbabasa about Yaqin. Halo halo ang feedbacks may negatibo at positibo. Pero mas madami ako nababasang masaya sa Yaqin nila at ang napansin kong problema kalimitan ay realibility nito. Pag gawang China kalimitan ito ang problema. Mahirap lang pag nabagsak saken ay sakit ng ulo tulad ng isang nabili kong Chinese product lately!

Salamat!

Wala naman akong problema so far after a year of using it. i got it for Php32K from Master Rene. He gave me warranty and for me , his word was enough. I advise you get the 100B Kt88 bec i heard the difference between an EL34 amp vs a KT88 one.
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:18 am

moddude wrote:

Salamat!

Sir Moddude you mean The KT88 Yaqin sounds better than the EL-34 based? In what aspect? Could you care to expound? thanks :)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tenderobject » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:13 am

interesante. nalito na tuloy ako kung ano kukunin.

:(

endrik35 wrote:
moddude wrote:

Salamat!

Sir Moddude you mean The KT88 Yaqin sounds better than the EL-34 based? In what aspect? Could you care to expound? thanks :)
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Jefrey ikaw ba si Tenderobject? :) I had a Yaqin MC-10L before. Maganda tumunog, parang Dynaco ST-70. Pinalitan ko power tubes from Shuguangs to Svetlana sed-winged EL-34s at driver tube to 6N1P-EB na Sovteks. worry ko lang is reliability issues kaya I sold it. Another thing is the design nung traffos, Bilog na metal casing siya to look like a toroidal pero hindi siya toroidal. What happens is nagiinit ng husto yung trappo kaso walang ventilation. My advice to you since nasa Iran ka is to look for Ariand tube amps. China made din siya pero imho mas maganda reliability and after sales support. :) sa UK Yarland and brand name niya pero same lang. . .

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yarland/yarland.html

El-84 tubes nito Jefrey. Very sweet. Lalangamin ka for sure. . . ;)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby moddude » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 pm

endrik35 wrote:
moddude wrote:

Salamat!

Yup. i had a chance to compare both the MC10 EL-34 amp vs the MC100B KT-88 during a comparison audition at the Grey Market,and the KT88 amp sounded "mas mataba" having good coverage of the low frequencies but still maintaining good clarity of the mids and highs when doing vocals and acoustic instrumentals. I remember the EL34 amp sounded relatively thin or subdued to me, especially for the low frequencies when immediately used right after the 100B. Right there and then , i knew i wanted the KT88 one.
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 pm

tenderobject wrote:Any users of Yaqin amps here? Any feedback/comments?
Interesado sana ako sa EL34 amps nila like MC10T or 30L.
Kamusta reliability ng Yaqin products? Meron sellers ng Yaqin products dito sa forum at sa pdvd years ago pero parang hindi na masyado ito napaguusapan dito. Salamat. :)

Not an owner but managed to audition some models in some places like Grey and MCS.

Verdict of me and my father in law was that the Yaquin amps sounded a little harsh when you cranked up the volume, almost un-tube like.

Between us, we've owned KT88/EL34/6l6GC/EL84 tube amps from AMX/Dared/Leben/Knight, so I suppose we know how tubes should sound like. Mataba din tumunog, but for the money maybe an AMX or a similarly priced Dared or Cayin would offer better subjective sound.

IMHO, for tube amps the AMX and Dareds sound better. Yaqin though makes an ok phono stage, from what I've heard when using the phono stage in Grey and MCS.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tenderobject » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Salamar doc. Lalo mo pinagulo ang desisyon ko. haha

Kung Yaqin ang kukunin ko. El34 siguro na MC-30L. Yung bago ng MS-20L.

endrik35 wrote:Jefrey ikaw ba si Tenderobject? :) I had a Yaqin MC-10L before. Maganda tumunog, parang Dynaco ST-70. Pinalitan ko power tubes from Shuguangs to Svetlana sed-winged EL-34s at driver tube to 6N1P-EB na Sovteks. worry ko lang is reliability issues kaya I sold it. Another thing is the design nung traffos, Bilog na metal casing siya to look like a toroidal pero hindi siya toroidal. What happens is nagiinit ng husto yung trappo kaso walang ventilation. My advice to you since nasa Iran ka is to look for Ariand tube amps. China made din siya pero imho mas maganda reliability and after sales support. :) sa UK Yarland and brand name niya pero same lang. . .

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yarland/yarland.html

El-84 tubes nito Jefrey. Very sweet. Lalangamin ka for sure. . . ;)
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby tenderobject » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Salamat Muypogi at Moddude. Hmmmm.. Isip isip muna pero kailangan this month makakuha na ako.

Meron na akong speakers for the amp. Ito unang nabili ko dahil ito mas madali kunin dito sa Iran. Monitor Audio BX2. I hope kung 100B or MC-30L ang kukunin ko ok siya ipares dito.
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby moddude » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm

tenderobject,

i have a Cayin A50T EL34-based amp which i rarely use now because of the Yaqin Kt88 100B . after hearing the 100B, my EL34 unit was relegated to semi-retired status. :D

as they always say, it is a subjective thing. you need to trust your own ears and audition well all your options before you take the dive. bring your speakers when auditioning the amps.
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tenderobject » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:53 am

:) Impossible dito sa lagay ko ngayon. So, sa mga nababasa at advises lang ako dumidepende ngayon. Gusto ko nga mag 100B pero kulang ang budget and may isa pang problem. Weight limit ng parcel dito sa Iran. Hindi ko alam kung paano ishiship saken yung 20+KGS. Malamang may extra fee.
Tignan ko kung mastretch ko pa ang budget. Baka mapagalitan ni kumander. hehe

Nga pala. Babagay kaya ang simpleng Monitor Audio BX2 sa 100b? Baka hindi ko mamaximize dahil sa speakers ko.

moddude wrote:tenderobject,

i have a Cayin A50T EL34-based amp which i rarely use now because of the Yaqin Kt88 100B . after hearing the 100B, my EL34 unit was relegated to semi-retired status. :D

as they always say, it is a subjective thing. you need to trust your own ears and audition well all your options before you take the dive. bring your speakers when auditioning the amps.
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 am

Jefrey. why don't you contact Mang Andrew Sevilla of AMX audio and have him build a KT-88 integrated amp for you? I'm sure it won't cost you an arm and a leg and it sounds great too. Here is a pic of the AMX duettos KT-88 monoblocks paired with the EAR 912 preamp! Di papahuli ang pinoy! :)

endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby moddude » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 pm

endrik35 wrote:Jefrey. why don't you contact Mang Andrew Sevilla of AMX audio and have him build a KT-88 integrated amp for you? I'm sure it won't cost you an arm and a leg and it sounds great too. Here is a pic of the AMX duettos KT-88 monoblocks paired with the EAR 912 preamp! Di papahuli ang pinoy! :)

Sir endrik, is the speaker on the left with the ring-radiator tweeter an AAudio Omega?

i sure would like to hear the AMX KT-88 with the AAudio Omega; i am definite the resulting sonic quality is a good demonstration of word-class Filipino engineering skills on both counts.

i had long wanted to have an AMX from Mang Andrew based on recomms from fellow members. I was given a chance to audition an AMX Duetto (though using 6550's instead of KT88s) when i was in the market for a tube amp, and the Duetto immediately joined my short list. The owner of the Duetto said i would have found the amps singing more beautifully if he had the KT88s installed. I was already in a couple of phone conversations with Mang Andrew, but my busy schedule did not permit me to go to Paranaque to pay him a visit and seal the deal. Eventually, i ended up with Yaqin auditions in Grey Market and with Rene Rivo, whose shops are more accessible to me.

Tenderobject, if you have a chance to own an AMX Duetto KT88 amp, go for it. It should be a keeper.
moddude
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Noel_14 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

The best talaga is to bring your speaker and audition which amp will sound best with your speaker. IMO comparing an EL34 base amp vs a KT88 base amp is like comparing apples and oranges. Some speaker will sounds good with EL34 base amp others will not. Some speaker will sound complete with KT88 tubes, kaya subjective :lol:

The 3 rules before buying a gear
Audition
Audition
Audition

Cheers
Noel_14
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm

moddude wrote:
endrik35 wrote:Jefrey. why don't you contact Mang Andrew Sevilla of AMX audio and have him build a KT-88 integrated amp for you? I'm sure it won't cost you an arm and a leg and it sounds great too. Here is a pic of the AMX duettos KT-88 monoblocks paired with the EAR 912 preamp! Di papahuli ang pinoy! :)

Sir endrik, is the speaker on the left with the ring-radiator tweeter an AAudio Omega?

i sure would like to hear the AMX KT-88 with the AAudio Omega; i am definite the resulting sonic quality is a good demonstration of word-class Filipino engineering skills on both counts.

i had long wanted to have an AMX from Mang Andrew based on recomms from fellow members. I was given a chance to audition an AMX Duetto (though using 6550's instead of KT88s) when i was in the market for a tube amp, and the Duetto immediately joined my short list. The owner of the Duetto said i would have found the amps singing more beautifully if he had the KT88s installed. I was already in a couple of phone conversations with Mang Andrew, but my busy schedule did not permit me to go to Paranaque to pay him a visit and seal the deal. Eventually, i ended up with Yaqin auditions in Grey Market and with Rene Rivo, whose shops are more accessible to me.

Tenderobject, if you have a chance to own an AMX Duetto KT88 amp, go for it. It should be a keeper.

Noel is right. Different tubes have different sonic characters. The speakers are Xavian XN125 juniors. It has a better scanspeak ring radiator than the Omegas custom tweaked especially for the Xavians. Imho, this Xavians should be included in the top ten list of best sounding speakers for the last decade or so. Together with the mj acoustics sub for the lower registers, these combo is hard to beat!:)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tenderobject » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Noel_14 wrote:The best talaga is to bring your speaker and audition which amp will sound best with your speaker. IMO comparing an EL34 base amp vs a KT88 base amp is like comparing apples and oranges. Some speaker will sounds good with EL34 base amp others will not. Some speaker will sound complete with KT88 tubes, kaya subjective :lol:

The 3 rules before buying a gear
Audition
Audition
Audition

Cheers

Yes, kung asa pinas ako ganito gagawin ko. Pero wala eh.. Kaya basa basa online ang pinaka the best na paraan para saken..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tenderobject
Master
Master

Return to DIY and Tubes