5-pin DIN input

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

5-pin DIN input

Postby carbondated » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 am

Where can I buy an RCA to 5-pin DIN cable?

Also, if I need to attenuate by around 6dB for Quad 33 input, can I just wire a voltage divider into the cable? What resistor values should I choose?
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 5-pin DIN input

Postby tony » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

the schematic can be found here...http://www.reocities.com/ResearchTriang ... 3cirb.html

i think i saw the 5pin connector at Deeco in Raon.......

for 6db attenuation 2 equal value resistors, say 47k forming an L-pad can be used....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby carbondated » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 am

Thanks, Tony! :D I've heard some people argue that the signal is 'wasted' when it is attenuated only to be amplified again, and have modified their 33 to be an almost passive preamp that sends the signal straight to the 303. But for me that's one step too far...
carbondated
Citizen
Citizen

Postby tony » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 am

carbondated wrote:Thanks, Tony! :D I've heard some people argue that the signal is 'wasted' when it is attenuated only to be amplified again, and have modified their 33 to be an almost passive preamp that sends the signal straight to the 303. But for me that's one step too far...

with today's sources, that is true..... 8)

the modules can be modified to lower gains instead....looking at the 303 scheme, it has enough gain to be fed directly from say a cd player....
tony
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to DIY and Tubes