My DIY Tube preamp

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Re: My DIY Tube preamp

Postby camotecue » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 am

nice work bro! how i wish i have the same soldering skills.

you need to work on that hum problem. with less efficient speakers that hum is less noticeable. with horns that is another story.
camotecue
Citizen
Citizen

Postby 6a3fan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

A ground loop may be created if the amp, the preamp and other components have ground wiring in their AC supply. In my system, only the power amp is grounded; all other components have two wire AC. My house wiring is all 3-wire, with the ground wire going to the Meralco meter, attached to a ground rod, and the third Meralco wire.
6a3fan
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jomar » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:59 am

camotecue wrote:nice work bro! how i wish i have the same soldering skills.

you need to work on that hum problem. with less efficient speakers that hum is less noticeable. with horns that is another story.

Thanks for the appreciation of my work sir :) madali lang mag solder .... Extra ingat lang as the voltages involved are few hundreds volts :)

My speakers are 91dB .. Hum is not really obvious coz d hum does not increase as the volume increases. Will continue work on this issue . Enjoykng the music at the moment :)
Last edited by jomar on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jomar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jomar » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 pm

:$ :tmi:
6a3fan wrote:A ground loop may be created if the amp, the preamp and other components have ground wiring in their AC supply. In my system, only the power amp is grounded; all other components have two wire AC. My house wiring is all 3-wire, with the ground wire going to the Meralco meter, attached to a ground rod, and the third Meralco wire.

Thanks for the inputs. Will check the rest of my gears regarding the grounding schem. So far i've used other preamps before and no hum .. Only after when i hook up this DIY preamp :( :( :(
jomar
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to DIY and Tubes