SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp

Postby endrik35 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:42 am

Was able to audition this amp last thursday at Anthony's (master_audio) home in lower bicutan. He tweaked it, added alps potentiometer and substituted the capacitor and resistors and voila! the sound blew me away!According to him, this modified integrated tube amp(the pre-amp is tube, the amp is solid state will put out 25 wtts/ch rms). This sub 4k amp tweaked by Anthony would put to shame far more expensive tube amps like the Dared's and the Cayins for just a little piece of your hard earned money(3k for the upgrade parts and labor)! So wala pang 7k aabutin lahat lahat! You have to hear it to believe it! here are pics I tooked of his tweaked Sakura amp! :) according to him, tinabi niya na yung Fisher tube amp niya for this Sakura modded tube amp. . . ;)

And here's a link to the pdvd discussion on this amp:
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=102643.60
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp

Postby dannyb » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:15 am

grabe ang mura :o
dannyb
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby OscillateWildly » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 pm

ser, mga gaano ba kalakas ang 25 watts amp? :!:
OscillateWildly

Postby tenderobject » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 pm

saan kaya makakabili nito? ok ah di na kailngan ng preamp! :D
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm

25 watts RMS per channel is enough to drive speakers with a sensitivity of 88db and above. This amp is available sa Raon, less than 3.8K lang ata. You can also contact Anthony, he knows the dealer so he can order it for you. You have to audition the tweaked version of this amp! You'll be amazed! ;)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tenderobject » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:27 pm

nabasa ko na yung sapdvd.. kailangan pa pala preamp for tt.. mukhang ok nga.. sana magbenta sila nung tweaked version :rofl:
tenderobject
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:15 am

My humble apologies to Cayin and Dared owners for my sweeping statement. All I can say is that I was smitten by this "low cost" tube amp when I heard it. Being accustomed to "tube sound"( I use an Acoustic Research D-70 mk2 paired with a Conrad Johnson PV-10), All I can tell you is that the sound of the Sakura's isn't that far off. I guess a side by side comparison or shootout between the Sakura, Dared and Cayin would be in order coupled with tea and lots of "camaraderie" Again, my sincerest apologies! Peace! :!:
Last edited by endrik35 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Pause » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:08 am

endrik35 wrote:My humble apologies to Cayin and Dared owners for my sweeping statement. All I can say is that I was smitten by this "low cost" tube amp when I heard it. Being accustomed to "tube sound"( I used an Acoustic Research D-70 mk2 paired with a Conrad Johnson PV-10), All I can tell you is that the sound of the Sakura's isn't that far off. I guess a side by side comparison or shootout between the Sakura, Dared and Cayin would be in order couple with tea and lots of "camaraderie" Again, my sincerest apologies! Peace! :!:

I think it would be more interesting to hear a shootout between a modified and un-modified Sakura amp :devil:
Pause
Citizen
Citizen

Postby qguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 am

We take everything here with a grain of salt, some needs more salt than others.

Funny how I preferred the Cayin A-70T over an AR D70 amp :-)

endrik35 wrote:My humble apologies to Cayin and Dared owners for my sweeping statement. All I can say is that I was smitten by this "low cost" tube amp when I heard it. Being accustomed to "tube sound"( I used an Acoustic Research D-70 mk2 paired with a Conrad Johnson PV-10), All I can tell you is that the sound of the Sakura's isn't that far off. I guess a side by side comparison or shootout between the Sakura, Dared and Cayin would be in order couple with tea and lots of "camaraderie" Again, my sincerest apologies! Peace! :!:
qguy
Master
Master

Postby endrik35 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 am

sir qguy, I couldn't agree with you more! Everything we read we should always take with a grain of salt. As you prefer the sound of your Cayin A-70T to the AR D-70mk2, ako naman, I prefer the AR's. Music is universal and objective, it is our listening skills and preferences which is subjective. What may sound great for Jose may sound dull and lifeless to Juan! That's why I was asking for an apology kase it was only my humble opinion and it was unfair to owners of Cayin and Dared amps. Thank you and Godbless! :)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby hypertriode » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:42 am

qguy wrote:We take everything here with a grain of salt, some needs more salt than others.

IMO, I don't think you need to apologize for anything Doc; trust your ears! Anthony must have matched the amp well with his speakers and you have liked the SQ the way he did. Nevertheless, value-for-money gems like the Sakura abound in this crazy audio world, you just have to discover them! :)
hypertriode
Grand Master

Postby qguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

Makes me wonder how much these things sells in China, fifteen hundred perhaps ? Some CDs sells for more than these bwahahahaha

hypertriode wrote:
qguy wrote:We take everything here with a grain of salt, some needs more salt than others.

IMO, I don't think you need to apologize for anything Doc; trust your ears! Anthony must have matched the amp well with his speakers and you have liked the SQ the way he did. Nevertheless, value-for-money gems like the Sakura abound in this crazy audio world, you just have to discover them! :)
qguy
Master
Master

Postby jazzman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:59 am

endrik35 wrote:sir qguy, I couldn't agree with you more! Everything we read we should always take with a grain of salt. As you prefer the sound of your Cayin A-70T to the AR D-70mk2, ako naman, I prefer the AR's. Music is universal and objective, it is our listening skills and preferences which is subjective. What may sound great for Jose may sound dull and lifeless to Juan! That's why I was asking for an apology kase it was only my humble opinion and it was unfair to owners of Cayin and Dared amps. Thank you and Godbless! :)

It's really value for money but not necessary a best buy ;)

I saw this before but was really hesitant to buy because I was worried about the quality. Haven't really heard and read a decent review of this (except now) but when I asked the guys from raon selling this product all they can say was "OK yan sir - ginagamit namin yan pang jukebox (karaoke)". Not the best comment and review I guess :D

Thank you for sharing this news. As pointed out by Pause, it would be interesting to hear a shootout between the modified and unmodified Sakura.

Cheers!
jazzman

Postby jazzman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 am

Where can we buy a modified version? Na-curious na tuloy ako :D :D :D
jazzman

Postby Vinylhead » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 pm

i'm sold. i'm picking up my modified sakura unit tomorrow.
Vinylhead
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 pm

good for you sir vinylforever. Kindly share your listening impressions. Thanks and Godbless! :)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby reynold » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I got my unit last friday, been testing it since then, the more i listen to it, the more i'm loving its sound...
btw, it's still the stock amp, not the modified one... still no plans of having it modified ;)

Ang gwapo pa ng itsura, lalo na sa dark room pag naka-on yung amp, the blue led light reflects all over the top glass cover :)

reynold
Citizen
Citizen

Postby docsialu » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi reynold, musta na, what speakers are you driving with the sakura? ano sensitivity? ;)
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby reynold » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 pm

docsialu wrote:Hi reynold, musta na, what speakers are you driving with the sakura? ano sensitivity? ;)

Hi Doc, eto mabuti naman ;)

im currently using my Onkyo Liverpool bookshelf speakers on this one, 89db ang sensitivity :)
are you planning to get one? mura lang naman kaya pwedeng subukan ng mga naku-curious na tulad natin, hehe :D
reynold
Citizen
Citizen

Postby docsialu » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm

wow, lakas din ah, kahit 89 db, kaya nya, congrats :clap:
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to DIY and Tubes