Does single ended triode really outperform in sound quality?

For the serious and not so serious in audio: DoItYourself and Tubes (SET, PP, Vintage).

Moderator: kabubi

Postby amxtubeaudio » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 am

stealth_bogey wrote:Andrew,

Sir, how about the push pull triode-connect? BTW, I'll bring the Amadeus to your shop for a bit of fine tuning to complement my new pair of Italian beauties.

Thanks and More Power.

Oh we can do that but at the expense of power. Would you like to install a switch or wire it up in triode permanently?
amxtubeaudio

Postby JackD201 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:54 am

amxtubeaudio wrote:
bz wrote:After a few hours listening to a 300B tonight in AMX I am beginning to like the sound and character of it. Better than PP? I am begining to understand I can't compare just like that unless I have some criteria first. Like the Ferrari and the Muscle car or the SUV. I am begining to understand my initail question in this thread has no premise at all and comparing them is not appropriate. ...... enjoyed and learned from your comments. thanks.

There is something in power that is truly awesome, but there is something in feebleness that is beautiful which one cannot find in power. Delicateness and power are hard to combine in this world of ours. Maybe in another plane of existence it is a reality. 8)

I've heard it at 30wpc and read about it at 150wpc but the price may just as well be, as you say, "in another plane of existence". :cry:
JackD201
Immortal

Previous

Return to DIY and Tubes